Class of 2020 - QB Luke MacPhail (MA) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/5/2020) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Luke MacPhail (MA) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/5/2020)

I'll pass.
Mcfail_5b14c7_1486524.jpg

I think the saving grace is that he should not scare off anyone in the next class.

Needs to keep his feet on the ground while passing. It looks like almost every throw he made he brought his right foot off the ground. He brings it high off the ground on deep throws. It is a correctable thing. Not a bad looking QB overall this late in the recruiting game.

I noticed that leg pick up too. It looks very strange at times. Seems to have a big arm tho. Tough to tell to much on that tape so who knows.

All these not so flattering comments regrading this young man were probably the same type of comments made regarding a late grab back in 2015 from some place called Lake Oswego, Oregon, some kid named Dungey that nobody out west wanted. How did that work out ;)

Let’s take a look at his offer list! ... oh wait

*stirs the pot*

He has size, speed, athletic ability and a strong arm. His mechanics are a little funky, especially his footwork, but there is a lot to work with here.

Thought the defenses he faced were really bad. That always makes it harder to evaluate someone. About halfway with the season, his completion percentage was 87%. I suspect his stats for this season are awesome, but his HS, as best I can determine, does not publish them. They don't even bother to post stats in the box scores. That kind of laziness can cost kids offers. Not good.

Thought it interesting that

a) Luke was a NEPSAC small school player of the year. Former SU QB target Tyler Van Dyke was a NEPSAC class A player of the year.

b) SU target Own Sniveley is the NEPSAC class B lineman of the year.

c) The last game of the year, Dexter lost to a team QBed by former SU QB target Parker McQuarrie.

Last edited:
He has size, speed, athletic ability and a strong arm. His mechanics are a little funky, especially his footwork, but there is a lot to work with here.

Thought the defenses he faced were really bad. That always makes it harder to evaluate someone. About halfway with the season, his completion percentage was 87%. I suspect his stats for this season are awesome, but his HS, as best I can determine, does not publish them. They don't even bother to post stats in the box scores. That kind of laziness can cost kids offers. Not good.

a) Luke was a NEPSAC small school player of the year. Former SU QB target Tyler Van Dyke was a NEPSAC class A player of the year.

c) The last game of the year, Dexter lost to a team QBed by former SU QB target Parker McQuarrie.

Exactly. The competition was better than you think. 2019 NJ rivals camp, he was a top 6 performer. Maybe the footwork was funky, but impressive with the throws. My understanding is he broke tons of records. I like him.

Cant remember exactly, but it was something like 146 out of 200 for competitions. Impressive accuracy.

All these not so flattering comments regrading this young man were probably the same type of comments made regarding a late grab back in 2015 from some place called Lake Oswego, Oregon, some kid named Dungey that nobody out west wanted. How did that work out ;)

Yeah, we should probably alter our QB strategy going forward. Only go after kids late that aren't ranked highly and without a bunch of offers. It worked once so it's probably going to work every time right!?

It’s not good when CUSE is recruiting a QB with no offers and a .7797 rating which is FCS material. Is this being done to get bodies for the scout teams or what? Not buying it for we play in the ACC and not the CAA.

They weren't. People, including myself, loved Dungey's tape. Kind of how people love Mclemore's tape now in spite of him not having any offers. And I'm not hating on this guy.

Because we have a solid starting QB in Tommy, a borderline experienced backup in Rex and a promising developing QB in Summers... Dino probably sees this kid as a big bodied, athletic, strong armed prospect that could one day be ideal in this offense. Think maybe Josh Allen. Not saying this kid has shown any current flashes of that, but mobile/able to take hits/big arm is tempting

Because we have a solid starting QB in Tommy, a borderline experienced backup in Rex and a promising developing QB in Summers... Dino probably sees this kid as a big bodied, athletic, strong armed prospect that could one day be ideal in this offense. Think maybe Josh Allen. Not saying this kid has shown any current flashes of that, but mobile/able to take hits/big arm is tempting

AND... IF he's a PWO (like Welch was) then there's really no downside.

IF he pans out, you put him on scholly and are happy to do so.
If not - he transfers to Vandy. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom