Class of 2020 - QB Luke MacPhail (MA) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/5/2020) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Luke MacPhail (MA) PWO COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (2/5/2020)

It’s not good when CUSE is recruiting a QB with no offers and a .7797 rating which is FCS material. Is this being done to get bodies for the scout teams or what? Not buying it for we play in the ACC and not the CAA.

PWO

Because we have a solid starting QB in Tommy, a borderline experienced backup in Rex and a promising developing QB in Summers... Dino probably sees this kid as a big bodied, athletic, strong armed prospect that could one day be ideal in this offense. Think maybe Josh Allen. Not saying this kid has shown any current flashes of that, but mobile/able to take hits/big arm is tempting
"Promising developing QB in Summers.."? Do you have a source or simply wishful thinking?

"Promising developing QB in Summers.."? Do you have a source or simply wishful thinking?
Absolute wishful thinking, but the kid was a solid prospect looking at film and considering early involvement with other p5’s.

Absolute wishful thinking, but the kid was a solid prospect looking at film and considering early involvement with other p5’s.
I really liked his film, but came away completely diappointed when I watched him in RVA's. Actually...I was shocked. Hopefully, he was battling through injury or working on his mechanics.

This kid has PWO written all over him. He’s got a chance to make it some day but will need lots of coaching and hard work.

This is Luke's thread. If you want to discuss Williams go to his thread...or else.

Don't have a ton to add here, but he told me he visited Syracuse a few times last year and "loved everything about it."
Ah the charms of the Emerald City

Because we have a solid starting QB in Tommy, a borderline experienced backup in Rex and a promising developing QB in Summers... Dino probably sees this kid as a big bodied, athletic, strong armed prospect that could one day be ideal in this offense. Think maybe Josh Allen. Not saying this kid has shown any current flashes of that, but mobile/able to take hits/big arm is tempting

Not a criticism at all but these are, IMO, optimistic descriptors.
Tommy is the one I still call promising developing. I like Rex but he wasn't even a QB a year ago. And Summers is a complete unknown.

Not a criticism at all but these are, IMO, optimistic descriptors.
Tommy is the one I still call promising developing. I like Rex but he wasn't even a QB a year ago. And Summers is a complete unknown.
I just think we really don’t know yet what Rex can do as a quality backup QB. I mean, he got bumped to TE when we had Dungey, TD, Welch and Aimee at QB. And we had a need at TE. If he is solidly back at QB to close out his career, I’m not counting him out. He may be able to give us at least what Welch did last year.

Looks like Josh Allen. I'll take the underlooked 2/3 star who comes in with a chip on his shoulder, willing to work, than the pampered 4/5 star.

Is a Josh Allen comparison a good thing?

And Tommy is/was pampered?
I think he is saying he would rather take a 2-3 star recruit like Luke then a potential 4 star that hasn’t faced adversity and stuff

no matter the level of the D the kid still threw passes on the money, that counts too.

This has nothing to do with this kid but of course the D matters. Lots of QB’s throw passes on the money and look good in a recruiting video. That doesn’t mean they can play FB in college.

Looks like Josh Allen. I'll take the underlooked 2/3 star who comes in with a chip on his shoulder, willing to work, than the pampered 4/5 star.

Doesnt have anywhere near the arm talent as Josh Allen... or the athleticism. This guy seems like a legit 2/3 star player guy... but when you look back at Josh Allen high school tapes it makes you scratch you head how college scouts missed this kid. Even back then he had an elite NFL caliber arm. He was a little skinny back then but that arm talent ahould have been enough to fo to a power 5 school

Think this is a PWO scenario. Nothing definitive, but I think we’d know more about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom