QB Situation | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

QB Situation

A d-swinging contest? Unless I’m misinterpreting what contest you’re talking about, it was nothing like that.

Fair — I was just responding to phat’s suggestion that he was proving a point to Dungey.

If — and I realize this is all hypothetical and I have no proof there was any sort of exchange — but If there was an exchange, Dungey should have been upset about coming out at that point. It was a bad call by Dino.

Mistakes happen, that’s fine. I’m not saying it’s the worst thing in the world but Dungey should have been starting the second half and shouldn’t have come out at the end of the first.

If he was trying to prove a point, it was a bad point to prove.

I thought Devito actually played well. What I saw is the team quit when Dungey got pulled. Butler straight gave up on his routes, the oline didnt seem interested in blocking and the d got flat footed and looked pitiful. They quit. Not good. Something is not right.
Agree with you. He made a nice deep throw after scrambling and it was called back due to holding. He scrambled for a first down. He made a nice touch screen play throw. He got sacked but it was because of a blocking whiff.
The poor play of the team had very little to do with TD and more to do apparently with the teams feeling that they were already in garbage time. We probably should have played ED through the third quarter or something. We were not up enough. But you know what they say about hind sight.

As a true QB I can see Devito being better. He MAY even know the offense better, have better instincts, etc. But, this team can’t win with the current talent around him if Devito were to play. Need Dungey BADLY to do what he does and be the lead back, basically. His improv stuff is great when guys are covered and the pocket collapses. Devito would get put in the hospital. I honestly wonder how Devito will do here or if it is the right place for him. The OL still would need to get better. Really want to see these new and young receivers to see if they ‘pop’ on the screen.
Yeah, I mean... Dungey has been injured though. That's a thing.

We can't say after a few series that DeVito can't be successful. I mean the guy got some 1st downs.

Get ready for a lot of DeVito this week against Wagner. I'd imagine we might see some Chance Amie as well

DeVito was fine. His numbers would have been better if not a for some issues outside his control.

With Wagner on deck, I can see a full quarters worth of work from TD this weekend.

Agreed i hope that he plays the whole second half.

That was weird -- I noticed that too. Probably speaks more of Butler either way if it happened. But I think friction is unavoidable to a certain extent with really competitive alpha dudes. I'm not saying it was a massive issue, just a blip on the radar. I'm also completely guessing so maybe I'm wrong.
Butler appeared to bail on a couple of throws from Dungey, as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom