QBs Still in Play | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

QBs Still in Play

Maybe we'll give him credits for proselytizing...
Fun fact about BYU - if you have experience with a foreign language (like from extended missionary service), you can test out of up to 15 credits in the language.

Did wonders for my GPA.

Fun fact about BYU - if you have experience with a foreign language (like from extended missionary service), you can test out of up to 15 credits in the language.

Did wonders for my GPA.

That actually makes sense. Glad you were more fluent in foreign languages than I was in French. All those bleeping verb conjugations. I'm STILL bitter about it.

A school to watch and see what kind of QBs might shake loose is BYU. They have 4 QBs on their roster that have started and won games for them - Wilson, Hall, Romney and Critchlow. News broke today that Critchlow is entering the portal. Hall is the one that I think Syracuse fans would be really excited about.

I would be pretty happy with Hall

Send some highlights on him.
Here's an article about when he got bumped to QB1 - Dual-Threat Jaren Hall Prepared From Young Age To Be Starting QB - KSL Sports

To be clear, I don't know if he's leaving, BYU is just a school to keep and eye on. They have a glut of QBs that have shown they can win a game, and Wilson is kind of their golden boy starter. Coming into the season people thought Critchlow was pretty good, and he got jumped and is now in the portal. Romney and Hall are both young and I think each have 3 more years of eligibility - they might not want to sit behind Wilson.

There's got to still a chance with Christian Veilleux.
His father was/is big on SU.

And @rackman I gave you a link to all the 2020's offered...did you not find any QBs in there that have an offer from SU that didn't commit anywhere today? You never know what might be hiding in plain sight.

Here's the thing: We finished in the middle of the pack (68th) offensively. That's not great but not terrible. Tommy had plenty of stuff to contend with, the offensive line most notably.

Having said that, it's not that hard to see that Tommy piled up close to 600 yards and 8 TDs against Western Mich (OK MAC team but brutal defense) and Holy Cross and when our offense seemed to come around at the end of the season -- we averaged 40 ppg in our last three games -- it was when Tommy stopped throwing the ball (about 250 yds total vs. Duke/Louisville) and then didn't play for the most part (Wake). Additionally while the numbers look good against UMD he had brutal plays on 4th down twice in that game and we put up 20 points against one of the absolute worst defenses in college football.

Running the ball is a huge key regardless but to look at Tommy's stats and feel like we are set at QB -- at least in terms of a starter -- for the next two years seems presumptuous in my mind.

To bring this back to recruiting -- at a bare minimum we need a legitimate player to add depth and, ideally, we need two legitimate options with at least one capable of at least pushing Tommy a bit. Not sure how that's controversial or some sort of hot take simply b/c his completion percentage was good and the kid can make some really nice throws.

Some of Dungey’s best games were against weaker competition. I’d suspect Nassib too.

I’m very much pro-bringing in a talented kid to push TD. Zero issue with that. I think the issue is he’s good enough that young players don’t want to compete with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom