QBs Still in Play | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

QBs Still in Play

Another Pro style Feleipe Franks is a former 4 star from Florida gators in the portal.

Agreed. Don’t like that comment at all. It’s grounded in not taking ownership and accountability. Sometimes its better to say we flat out didn’t get the job done and we are owning that and we will do better. I hope Wildhack is challenging Dino to take some ownership as well. You would think so but then Dino gives an answer like he did and it’s honestly...disappointing.

Better this excuse than kicking Martin to the curb I guess

Better this excuse than kicking Martin to the curb I guess
Yeah maybe. Honestly ownership starts at the top. Even if Martin is missing, Dino is still captain of the ship. Put swag daddy as primary for al QB recruits no matter the region if he is good at building relationships and closing the deal. If Dino needs to be point on QBs then he should do it. Own it, strategize on a course correction and implement it.

Some of Dungey’s best games were against weaker competition. I’d suspect Nassib too.

I’m very much pro-bringing in a talented kid to push TD. Zero issue with that. I think the issue is he’s good enough that young players don’t want to compete with him.

No question on Dungey and Nassib. But those were almost the entirety of DeVito's stats. 14 of his 19 TDs came against a brutal WMU defense, Holy Cross, and two games where we got utterly destroyed. If you look at his numbers in our three best wins -- liberty/wake/duke -- he did next to nothing. That's the bigger concern. It's fine if he's not putting up 4 TDs in all those games, but he basically didn't play vs. Wake, completed six passes against Duke and struggled all night against liberty. In all he threw 5 TDs in 8 games outside of the four I mentioned earlier. That's not a great sign.

Dino,s new edict on QB recruiting is simple. The first rule about QB recruiting is , there is no QB recruiting. Of course till after he signs .

The staff knows what it's looking for in a kid, and I don't think we need to reach just to fill a spot. I'd rather find a grad transfer as competition/backup at this point and try and bring in two kids in 2021 at this point.
Why not a reach, Dungey was a reach dont you think? Largely unrecruited kid from all the way across the country with minimal offers even in his own region that had to be told to work on his throwing motion before being offered by Lester.

You dont get to bank scholarships anymore and wait. Like take 19 this year and 31 next year in hopes of getting a better kid in the next cycle.

The staff knows what it's looking for in a kid, and I don't think we need to reach just to fill a spot. I'd rather find a grad transfer as competition/backup at this point and try and bring in two kids in 2021 at this point.
I would still like to take two QBs. A HS kid and a grad transfer. Still the possibility of taking a HS QB. There are still some uncommitted, good ones out there.

a sharp poster on TOS noticed that the staff is following a HS QB in California named Daylin McLemore, the kid got injured this year but looks like the real deal. sharp poster also noted that his dad is former 49er Dana McLemore who played his college ball at Hawaii. Guess who was a teammate of his for a few years at Hawaii? the Ohana man himself, Dino Babers

a sharp poster on TOS noticed that the staff is following a HS QB in California named Daylin McLemore, the kid got injured this year but looks like the real deal. sharp poster also noted that his dad is former 49er Dana McLemore who played his college ball at Hawaii. Guess who was a teammate of his for a few years at Hawaii? the Ohana man himself, Dino Babers

Interesting comparison.
Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 12.04.44 PM.png

too bad they can't anonymously follow folks or use burner accounts...the way recruiting is done and amplified by Twitter, there's simply no way for these things to stay anonymous. If we know about it, some intern or low level assistant at other programs can notice it too.

1576776177198.png

hmm, that "S" logo on the field looks pretty similar to ours, the kid is being compared to Dungey and Dino played with his dad at Hawaii. Kismet!

Yeah maybe. Honestly ownership starts at the top. Even if Martin is missing, Dino is still captain of the ship. Put swag daddy as primary for al QB recruits no matter the region if he is good at building relationships and closing the deal. If Dino needs to be point on QBs then he should do it. Own it, strategize on a course correction and implement it.
You can't put Swag Daddy on everyone, get a few other good coaches who can actually recruit and close the deal.

Sign him up

3 star, per 2. 4. 7?

sounds like he broke his collarbone on his left shoulder, non-throwing shoulder, in mid-october. Looks like this would be a potentially good gamble/ bounce back.

Last edited:
hmm, that "S" logo on the field looks pretty similar to ours, the kid is being compared to Dungey and Dino played with his dad at Hawaii. Kismet!
And wearing #2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom