QBs Still in Play | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

QBs Still in Play

Some of Dungey’s best games were against weaker competition. I’d suspect Nassib too.

I’m very much pro-bringing in a talented kid to push TD. Zero issue with that. I think the issue is he’s good enough that young players don’t want to compete with him.

In fairness, Dungey and Nassib also had weak coaches. Dino is supposed to be the offensive guru, so that offsets weaker competition faced by ED and Nassib. Although our schedule this year was pretty weak.

You really didn’t say that the QB that was on a 5 win team and had some terrible performances is scaring away the competition? That was a joke I’m guessing.

This has been a year of some of the most ridiculous excuses. Unreal.
Agreed. Don’t like that comment at all. It’s grounded in not taking ownership and accountability. Sometimes its better to say we flat out didn’t get the job done and we are owning that and we will do better. I hope Wildhack is challenging Dino to take some ownership as well. You would think so but then Dino gives an answer like he did and it’s honestly...disappointing.

In fairness, Dungey and Nassib also had weak coaches. Dino is supposed to be the offensive guru, so that offsets weaker competition faced by ED and Nassib. Although our schedule this year was pretty weak.

You really didn’t say that the QB that was on a 5 win team and had some terrible performances is scaring away the competition? That was a joke I’m guessing.

Dino isn't the offensive coach Marrone is. His philosophy though might be better for the college game. But Nassib's last season was higher level stuff.

Puts them at 26 commits

Numbers don't work

Ped State had 27 signees today. But I think a couple of them were Jucos, and I don't think they count for this year's class, but for the year that they graduated from high school.

Amiright? If not, how could they sign 27?

Ped State had 27 signees today. But I think a couple of them were Jucos, and I don't think they count for this year's class, but on the year that they graduated from high school.

Amiright?
I thought no matter what new rule is 25 is 25. Doesn't matter, 25 was the max

But I see a bunch of schools with more than 25

Are some of the commits grad transfers? They don't count towards the 25.

25 is the max for the class but the max number of scholarships is 85.

Ped State had 27 signees today. But I think a couple of them were Jucos, and I don't think they count for this year's class, but for the year that they graduated from high school.

Amiright? If not, how could they sign 27?
We just went around and around on this in another thread about Grad Transfers. I think we decided that they don't count towards the 25. I thought JUCOs did count.

Two of their signees were from Lackawanna College. Otherwise, they all look like Class of '20 high schoolers.
If that's the case then I guess JUCOs don't count toward the 25 as they aren't initial counters. Your guess is as good as mine. The NCAA rule book is nothing if not confusing on the subject.

A bunch of no signs and no commits still available. A bunch who'd be rated close to our highest prospect

A bunch of no signs and no commits still available. A bunch who'd be rated close to our highest prospect
The staff knows what it's looking for in a kid, and I don't think we need to reach just to fill a spot. I'd rather find a grad transfer as competition/backup at this point and try and bring in two kids in 2021 at this point.

Lol. Eric had Dino 3 of his 4 years - and finished with less wins 2 of them. Nassib had an offensive minded coach with NFL experience. Both Dungey and Nassib had bad games, too.

He put in a top 5 performance in the last 20 years passing the ball - but yeah - I’m sure they think the job is wide open

The staff knows what it's looking for in a kid, and I don't think we need to reach just to fill a spot. I'd rather find a grad transfer as competition/backup at this point and try and bring in two kids in 2021 at this point.
I'm still up for kicking the tires on the transfer portal.

Lol. Eric had Dino 3 of his 4 years - and finished with less wins 2 of them. Nassib had an offensive minded coach with NFL experience. Both Dungey and Nassib had bad games, too.

He put in a top 5 performance in the last 20 years passing the ball - but yeah - I’m sure they think the job is wide open

You’ve basically said Marrone wasn’t a great coach but now he’s an offensive minded coach with NFL experience? So was he not a great coach or was he, seems to depend on the argument you’re trying to make.

Winning games >>>>>>> Cool stats at a school with limited offensive history compared to the rest of college football. TD hasn’t done anything yet. When he leads the team to a winning record then we’ll be on the right path. I doubt recruits are scared of a QB with a losing record, you think they’d rather go compete at a school with a QB with a winning record? Makes no sense. Just because you’ve put TD in the NFL already doesn’t make it so and I doubt anyone looking in from the outside is watching his play and thinking he’s Trevor Lawrence just on a bad team.

There is a high rated dual threat in the portal from TCU. Justin Rodgers. Isn’t that down in Texas? Don’t we have coaches with strong ties in Texas? Gotta believe the coaches now that early signing is over are resetting their board so to speak. Have to believe they are scrubbing the portal daily for prospects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom