QBs Still in Play | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

QBs Still in Play

Not sure how good the kid is, he got beat out by a WR.
Might provide depth but could also be a waste of a scholarship for 3 years.

Just providing any and all facts I come across, no matter how irrelevant they may turn out to be. He was ranked something like the 980th prospect coming out of high school. So he probably didn't suck.

IMO, the QB must fit the identity of what your offense strives to do; so far, other than pace, we have no unique identity on O. That is why we need a good offensive mind to run our O. Hopefully, an attacking O to go with an attacking D!

Shouldn't we expect more for a more talented player?

I think part of the issue is that we had a kid start the majority of games over the last four years who compensated for a lack of talent with smarts, moxie, and tenacity. Tommy was the opposite (not questioning his toughness - Tommy took a lot of shots and played through it as best he could). Since we're used to being the underdog, the former is endearing, while the latter is maddening.

The good news is that Tommy should develop into more of a gamer. Nassib certainly did.

Yep. That’s kind of what I’m saying.

So I know this is a recruiting thread and don't want to hijack but in the context of adding a QB or two, do we think Summers is basically a lost cause/position change etc? Other than throwing dirt balls in practice footage haven't really seen or heard much around him and where he fits in and impacts our qb recruiting.

So I know this is a recruiting thread and don't want to hijack but in the context of adding a QB or two, do we think Summers is basically a lost cause/position change etc? Other than throwing dirt balls in practice footage haven't really seen or heard much around him and where he fits in and impacts our qb recruiting.
This forum is for prospects being recruited, not players on campus. Try this thread on the football forum.

This forum is for prospects being recruited, not players on campus. Try this thread on the football forum.

My sincerest apologies. I don't have anything to add to the font conversation either so I will find my way elsewhere.

My sincerest apologies. I don't have anything to add to the font conversation either so I will find my way elsewhere.
Yes that font conversation is a real thread derailment. ;)

And you will probably get more responses to Summers in that other thread.

Yes that font conversation is a real thread derailment. ;)

And you will probably get more responses to Summers in that other thread.

I considered my point one that was a crossover in terms of impacting our qb recruiting by way of a current player so was trying to politely offer it. Didn't think I was being a problem. The font comment was in jest. Apologies if I struck a nerve was never my intent.

All the best and happy holidays.

There are enough QB’s out there between the portal, JUCO and HS left in this recruiting cycle for us to land 2 quality prospects.

Whether it happens is another discussion but this isn’t a lost cause.

I considered my point one that was a crossover in terms of impacting our qb recruiting by way of a current player so was trying to politely offer it. Didn't think I was being a problem. The font comment was in jest. Apologies if I struck a nerve was never my intent.

This is the problem conversing through typing, folks get the wrong impression. OK sutomcat I want the ability to have an audio reply system. The heck with fonts. ;)

classy response Orangezoo

we have to think the coaches have something we don’t know right? Right Dino? Please?

Doesn't look like we are on him. Lets hope there is some German QB that Dino has identified and is keeping under wraps.
We can’t get the Canadian QBs, might as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom