QBs Still in Play | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

QBs Still in Play

*I posted this thinking he was a 2020. He's a 2021.

Last edited:
I have never seen a school as ours that is so hard to recruit a descent QB. Wait , you have to offer one to get one.

Yeah if only one coach in NY could trump the kid’s hometown University and the 6 coaches on its staff from Texas. :rolleyes:

I like this kid . My wish list would be 2 QBs McLemore & Williams.

Last I checked, Malik Hornsby only had one official set up and that was to Arkansas. If King goes to Arkansas, might make Hornsby look at other options. Perhaps Sterlin starts earning that buyout money right away.

Last I checked, Malik Hornsby only had one official set up and that was to Arkansas. If King goes to Arkansas, might make Hornsby look at other options. Perhaps Sterlin starts earning that buyout money right away.

Hornsby is exactly the opposite of what I imagine that Dino looks for in a QB. He's all athlete and extremely rudimentary as a passer. Whoever gets him is going to have to promise to let him compete at QB I'm sure but then he's moving positions unless something dramatic happens with his throwing ability.

McLemore only has a San Jose State visit lined up, time for Sterlin to get something cooking with him too

McLemore only has a San Jose State visit lined up, time for Sterlin to get something cooking with him too

When McLemore's name first popped up, it seemed too good to be true. Decently rated recruit with high major interest initially who fell off the radar due to injury, and who's father played college ball with Dino.

Maybe health is a bigger issue here than currently known -- seems strange that we haven't at least kicked the tires.

When McLemore's name first popped up, it seemed too good to be true. Decently rated recruit with high major interest initially who fell off the radar due to injury, and who's father played college ball with Dino.

Maybe health is a bigger issue here than currently known -- seems strange that we haven't at least kicked the tires.

I keep hoping we have and it's one of their secret QB missions! it's possible they have and the kid doesn't want to go that far from home. keeping my fingers crossed, still three visit weekends left before Feb signing day.

I wonder if our new DC knows about him being from San Diego

possibly. the kid is from the Bay Area but still in-state. I also wonder if his dad and Dino have remained in touch since their college days at Hawaii together.

Hornsby. I'm still holding out some hope Gilbert kicks the tires here. He seems open. If I'm a betting man though he ends up at Arkansas.

Here's the latest

https://n./news/four-star-qb-malik-hornsby-still-mulling-options-amid-coaching-changes

some workout video from All-American bowl practices

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom