Quadir Copeland in the portal | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland in the portal

He averaged more points per 40 minutes than Starling. LOL.

Red just made his roster building a lot harder. We were always losing Mintz Taylor and of course Benny. Q by himself replaced all 3 of those guys with his skills to a certain degree. Replaced is the wrong word more like covered or could fill in for any. Back up plan for all 3. Just an insane guy to push out. Murder or sexual assault sure he has to go. Did he do that I don't get the rumors? He's the most emotional guy on the team locker room mouthing off when he clearly struggles to control himself at times...nah Red let him grow up.
freeman and brown and bell ... and maybe westry as well...where would cope fit in? he surrely wants to start...are you starting hom over that corps?

not to mention they might bring in some portal forward as well

might seem insane when you only think about him

but will likely make a lot of sense once the new team is assembled

And yet - Scoop was an integral part of TWO of our very best TEAMS ever.
2010 30-5.
2012 34-3.

Hmmm.

He’s sixth all-time in assists at Syracuse.

SECOND all-time in steals.

22 in made 3’s.
21 in 3%.
(Right ahead of Joe & Buddy).

National 6th Man of the Year as a Soph.

2nd Team All Big East as a Sr.

Totally just a guy. :rolleyes:

The scoop haters are literally the dumbest fans ever.

I’d give your left nut to have a guy like Scoop on the team, every year.
haha no thanks I'll keep my left nut, thank you very much

scoop was decent but not near my list for most underrated syracuse player...or most anything syracuse player, tbh...decent player thats it.

scoop was decent but not near my list for most underrated syracuse player...or most anything syracuse player, tbh...decent player thats it.
I am honestly not sure how anyone can look at the stats that 721Comstock just gave you, especially the team record, and just ignore all fit, and keep your opinion.
Don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion!

2010 30-5.
2012 34-3.

Hmmm.

22 in made 3’s.
21 in 3%.

Hilarious.I love to spend other people’s money (er, jewels) too.

I am honestly not sure how anyone can look at the stats that 721Comstock just gave you, especially the team record, and just ignore all fit, and keep your opinion.
Don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion!
The record is beyond impressive, then take in account the schedule especially in conference, only one or two easy games.

freeman and brown and bell ... and maybe westry as well...where would cope fit in? he surrely wants to start...are you starting hom over that corps?

not to mention they might bring in some portal forward as well

might seem insane when you only think about him

but will likely make a lot of sense once the new team is assembled
Westry should be this years Copeland. He is rusty and needs some games. Can't have mid season expectations out of him in November. Start on the bench and beat someone out.

Brown might be the new Quincy or Benny. Wants to be a perimiter guy and have a different role. Well I think his other role was perfect hes not going to get that many steals going up against guards. More shots from him probably mean more misses. Still a great player but some concerns I liked him as an undersized center in the modern game. Stretch 4 auditioning for the NBA IDK.

Freeman isn't Cooper Flagg. Better than his recruiting rankings sure but this forum does nothing but put unrealistic expectations on freshmen. Jalen Carey was a 1 and done at one point on here.

Bell is an elite shooter. Doesn't really have a position hes just 1 of 5 on the court. He'll fit on any team. Doesn't really effect anyone elses role hes either on the court or bench.

Unless Red completely outdoes my expectations in the portal, we are going to really, really miss Q next year.

And I don't buy for a second that he wasn't completely about winning when he was on the court. If every guy on our team played with the toughness and passion he played with, we'd still be playing.

Not saying he wasn't maybe a problem behind the scenes-- I have no idea. But he's an enormous loss.

Judah's game would have been terrible for those teams. He would have hogged the ball instead of getting it to Dion, Kris, Triche, and Fair. Scoop was less talented, but what made him good is he knew those other guys were better scorers than him and knew when it was his time to shoot.
I think that Judah would do well with better players around him. He had nothing this year. Bell was a stationary catch and shoot. Brown an undersized kid who was good around the basket but had zero on O other than put backs, layups, dunks. JJ improved about half way in but was streaky at best. Taylor was a liability on O as he wasn't guarded. Cope was Judah 2 as he couldn't shoot either. McClead, Hima, Carey useless on O. Cuffe average at best undersized G.
Bottom line if Judah hadn't
"Hogged" the ball we wouldn't have won half the games we did.
The kid carried us on his back to 20 wins and we think this bunch of brick layers would have been better without him.
Total joke.

Im fond of mine as well

Westry should be this years Copeland. He is rusty and needs some games. Can't have mid season expectations out of him in November. Start on the bench and beat someone out.

Brown might be the new Quincy or Benny. Wants to be a perimiter guy and have a different role. Well I think his other role was perfect hes not going to get that many steals going up against guards. More shots from him probably mean more misses. Still a great player but some concerns I liked him as an undersized center in the modern game. Stretch 4 auditioning for the NBA IDK.

Freeman isn't Cooper Flagg. Better than his recruiting rankings sure but this forum does nothing but put unrealistic expectations on freshmen. Jalen Carey was a 1 and done at one point on here.

Bell is an elite shooter. Doesn't really have a position hes just 1 of 5 on the court. He'll fit on any team. Doesn't really effect anyone elses role hes either on the court or bench.
you dodged the question - there will be guards brought in, I'm assuming.

cope's chance is as a forward, under red, imo

and he's not going to start over freeman or brown...and probably not over bell

there's only 5 spots to go around - there will be a C (that isnt brown) and a PG...and a SG - and cope is none of them.

there's going to be a lot of competition for 2 spots basically - i agree freeman may not be the player everyone simply assumes do his 5 star status - maybe, maybe not - expectation for benny were sky high, too

but hes going to get his chance...freeman will start the season as the starter.

so - are you starting copeland given all that? i just dont see how it happens

the team needs more shooting. copeland aint providing that, either.

I am going to go out on a limb and say NIT Stu made that quote up...
yeah i guess thats a thing now - any attention is good attention for a lot of people - have to remind myself what era we are in (getting old)

I think that Judah would do well with better players around him.
well judah did little to make the players around him better. which is the pt guards job. pearl wasn't surrounded by an all star cast. raf addison, wendell alexis, waldron, triche and hawkins. all good players but pearl made them better. we were feared nationwide. not any more.

(didn't mean to not include sonny spera. dome crowd came alive when he checked in)

Last edited:
2010 30-5.
2012 34-3.

Hmmm.

22 in made 3’s.
21 in 3%.

Scoop is my favorite, as much as for his personal growth as his basketball.

well judah did little to make the players around him better. which is the pt guards job. pearl wasn't surrounded by an all star cast. raf addison, wendell alexis, waldron, triche and hawkins. all good players but pearl made them better. we were feared nationwide. not any more.

(didn't mean to not include sonny spera. dome crowd came alive when he checked in)
that was 40 years ago!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom