Quarterbacks | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Quarterbacks

McCaffrey from UM any good? Need someone good enough to help us but not too good to want to come here...

Why take McCaffrey when we can build a time machine and get Johnny Unitas?

At this point it would be nice for Babers to send Tommy out there every game and just say have fun and throw the ball. I don't care if you throw 6 interceptions, just throw the dang ball. I don't think we have a QB answer on the roster right now. Sadly, I think TD is still the best option for the offense.

Lol you drunk?

He was worse than Devito by a mile when he came in 4th quarter. Tommy doesn't miss short passes like that.

I get it he made one completion where the WR had a lot of RAC and took it to the house but hes not an ACC QB.

Time to see what the freshmen look like and mix in a few series for them. Maybe Tommy figures it out against GT. These were good teams with good D line men bullying our OL.
Thank goodness Tommy completed all those short passes for 32 yards. That's much preferable to one pass that goes 69.

No im not drunk. Tommy holds the ball too long. Has poor vision, and doesn't seem to have the moxy required to lead a team.

OK. But I don't think hes had a single pass miss a WR by as much as the 2 passes to the flats missed their men on the last drive.

Wish Dino made the change sooner. Then he could have brought Devito back in at the end if Rex did nothing. Awful all around by the OC and HC.

Worst part was we almost got some delays of game with the clock running down 2 scores late. Unreal.

Thank goodness Tommy completed all those short passes for 32 yards. That's much preferable to one pass that goes 69.

How long do you want to stick with him because Taj took that one to the house?

So you are saying there's a chance?

well, all we need is a bunch of exotic 0 mass matter and we’re set. We’ll Bill and Ted the crap out of this season.

OK. But I don't think hes had a single pass miss a WR by as much as the 2 passes to the flats missed their men on the last drive.

Wish Dino made the change sooner. Then he could have brought Devito back in at the end if Rex did nothing. Awful all around by the OC and HC.

Worst part was we almost got some delays of game with the clock running down 2 scores late. Unreal.
Did you see the int on the screen pass? Yes, the ball was closer to the receiver, but the degree of difficulty was very low.

At this point it would be nice for Babers to send Tommy out there every game and just say have fun and throw the ball. I don't care if you throw 6 interceptions, just throw the dang ball. I don't think we have a QB answer on the roster right now. Sadly, I think TD is still the best option for the offense.

Tommy wouldn’t do that, that’s the problem.

I’ve been saying since last season tommy only cares about his stats and getting to the NFL

I hope after today, he realizes, he’s not going to the NFL

Did you see Tommy’s stats?
He doesn’t miss the passes because he locks onto on person and then doesn’t throw the damn ball...

Thats fine. He had 4 attempts with the ball at the opponent 40.

One went into the OL when a guy was wide open. One got telegraphed for a completion that was only going to gain 5 yards. 2 short throws missed the WR by a mile.

We want to celebrate him for getting throws off? DeVitos sacks are coming when very good D ends get past our OL without being touched.

But lets ignore that because Taj Harris finally made a big time play for the backup.

Tommy wouldn’t do that, that’s the problem.

I’ve been saying since last season tommy only cares about his stats and getting to the NFL

I hope after today, he realizes, he’s not going to the NFL
Certainly isn't looking good. There's always...next year?

Thats fine. He had 4 attempts with the ball at the opponent 40.

One went into the OL when a guy was wide open. One got telegraphed for a completion that was only going to gain 5 yards. 2 short throws missed the WR by a mile.

We want to celebrate him for getting throws off? DeVitos sacks are coming when very good D ends get past our OL without being touched.

But lets ignore that because Taj Harris finally made a big time play for the backup.

So you just ignore the fact that Tommy get stuck looking at one WR and as soon as he is pressured he puts his head or runs into a lineman?
When the offense is this terrible yes I will celebrate QB2 getting throws off.

So you just ignore the fact that Tommy get stuck looking at one WR and as soon as he is pressured he puts his head or runs into a lineman?
When the offense is this terrible yes I will celebrate QB2 getting throws off.

You don't belong on the field if you miss short routes that badly with the game on the line. Twice in a row.

But yeah Taj Harris made a play for him woohooo.

Why are people trying to justify Devito's stats after every game. I looked at his stats and I watched the game. I recorded the game (why) to see if I could justify all of his sacks. He holds the ball way too long. It is like every play his is waiting for a deep crossing route to be open. I watched the play again where Jordan was wide open. I watched the series where he had a nice long run (got out of trouble) then he ate the ball after having almost 4 seconds to throw.

I realize he is running for his life (sometimes) but where is his quick throw and pre snap read. Where is his dump off to an outlet RB. I assume he has zero ability to audible or call hot routes. If that is the case, shift protection and get the ball out faster.

Yes the play calling is bad too but Devito is not confident, not throwing the ball when he should. He will still start the rest of the year and I doubt we see much improvement. These are mostly intangibles that he cannot be taught.

You can't run the ball.

You have a FB playing OG.

You're QB has no time to do anything.

You win football games by controlling the line of scrimmage.

We are being dominated on the OL like I have never seen an SU football team get dominated.

I agree that our line is extremely poor. That does not excuse Devito for his abysmal play too and poor decision making. The throw he made on that screen pass when we had a chance to take the lead was a disgrace. The D Line blew it up but still, that throw ? He took numerous sacks where he did not have to. He has little awareness. I'm sorry but he doesn't get a pass from me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom