Quarterbacks | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Quarterbacks

I really believe he wants to be the best he can for Cuse and bring us back to greatness.
just been a rough road.
32 yards

For your own sanity I recommend blocking this forum from your phone and computer
Idc u can DM me for my real take not the fake take don’t worry I’m approachable

We can argue all we want on Devito vs. Culpepper, but the fact we find ourselves in this predicament falls squarely on Dino's shoulders. I don't lay blame on them.

We haven't been able to recruit someone out of high school to compete for a starting job and worse yet we haven't gone or had success going the JUCO or grad transfer route. I'd take a dual-threat qb transfer from the FCS for a season as a Plan A/B. Dino was the right hire but his stock is plummeting.

We can argue all we want on Devito vs. Culpepper, but the fact we find ourselves in this predicament falls squarely on Dino's shoulders. I don't lay blame on them.

We haven't been able to recruit someone out of high school to compete for a starting job and worse yet we haven't gone or had success going the JUCO or grad transfer route. I'd take a dual-threat qb transfer from the FCS for a season as a Plan A/B. Dino was the right hire but his stock is plummeting.
Oh it’s Dino’s fault the line has injuries ? It’s bad luck thats it and that’s all

Oh it’s Dino’s fault the line has injuries ? It’s bad luck thats it and that’s all

Start with what TD can do better, then we‘ll listen on the rest. I know you see it. I got a kid who plays sports, Dads know what they are doing wrong. No one here thinks it’s *all* on him.

It's clear that we are a school that needs to recruit under the radar QBs. Ones who can take a team and carry him on his back. We have QBs who come from factories whose talent from top to bottom is generally superior to their opponents. Then they come here and Cuse can't provide that. Give me the small school guy who just makes it happen. They guy who isn't surrounded by 6-8 other D-1 talents. Those are the types of QBs we need.

I am not sure what the answer is but we can all be sure it is not either of the QBs we saw today. Dino has to see it. He continues to give Devito 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances and he cannot deliver.

Please Dino for the sake of this team falling into another abyss put in one of the young guys at QB. If we consider it a throw away year anyways, we have a great D. Linebackers, corners, safeties are ballhawks and they hit.

With that being said Devito lost all confidence, awareness and ability to play the position at this level. It is not on the line (although they are not good). He does not see the quick reads pre and/or post snap. He doesn't see his outlets, he doesn't shift protection. He eats the ball most of the time instead of throwing it.

Why not try someone who can actually grow into a better QB instead of regressing
What is frustrating is that Dino had no problem pulling ED when he was not playing well in lieu of TD. He even game TD series during ED senior season. ED gave everything to the program and Dino made a change but he refuses to replace TD unless he is hurt. I really do not understand.

Anyone know what's up with Summers? Maybe i missed it? Hasn't been on the travel roster for either game. Been TDV, Rex, and Dillion...

I did not see the game. Was the issue today the OL or QB? Were the QBs under constant pressure like last year?

why no throws to his left, or over the middle?

everything is to his right/

Tommy lacks several things to me. One he is not a team leader. Two,, I don't see him being a "team" guy or super respected by the team. Three he seems to be lacking general QB awareness and a feeling for the college game. Four, he never made the transition to the college game and seems to be in over his head.

Someone today asked me about Joe Girard coming over and playing QB. They said he was really good in HS. That may be really stupid, but wanted to mention it.

Tommy lacks several things to me. One he is not a team leader. Two,, I don't see him being a "team" guy or super respected by the team. Three he seems to be lacking general QB awareness and a feeling for the college game. Four, he never made the transition to the college game and seems to be in over his head.

Someone today asked me about Joe Girard coming over and playing QB. They said he was really good in HS. That may be really stupid, but wanted to mention it.

I think your points are accurate, particularly the second one. This team was fractured last year and still is, and I think a lot of it has to do with whom they think should or should not be starting at QB.

Lol you drunk?

He was worse than Devito by a mile when he came in 4th quarter. Tommy doesn't miss short passes like that.

I get it he made one completion where the WR had a lot of RAC and took it to the house but hes not an ACC QB.

Time to see what the freshmen look like and mix in a few series for them. Maybe Tommy figures it out against GT. These were good teams with good D line men bullying our OL.
Lol...I find this funny..."Tommy doesn't miss short passes like that" What 2 games were you watching? He doesn't complete short passes, long passes or intermediate passes. He is averaging 11 completions a game for an average of 72 yards. He needed to be replaced by a cardboard cutout to start the second half today.

I think your points are accurate, particularly the second one. This team was fractured last year and still is, and I think a lot of it has to do with whom they think should or should not be starting at QB.

I've thought about the first two since his dad came on this board proclaiming TD's greatness justifiably or not it was in the back of my head.

What is frustrating is that Dino had no problem pulling ED when he was not playing well in lieu of TD. He even game TD series during ED senior season. ED gave everything to the program and Dino made a change but he refuses to replace TD unless he is hurt. I really do not understand.
I don’t know... I remember on a number of occasions thinking why isn’t DeVito getting a shot. But hopefully the QB position will at least be an open competition this week

Last edited:
I don’t have any proof persay but my opinion (which could be wrong) is that Tommy was a 7 on 7 qb stud which highlighted all his strengths like arm strength, mechanics, and touch. Unfortunately (for us) you don’t need intangibles like pocket presence or the ability to keep plays alive when things break down because that’s not how 7 on 7 works.

Dino fell in love with his passing and either figured he could teach him pocket presence or he assumed it would be fine because of his pedigree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom