Quarterbacks | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Quarterbacks

You can't run the ball.

You have a FB playing OG.

You're QB has no time to do anything.

You win football games by controlling the line of scrimmage.

We are being dominated on the OL like I have never seen an SU football team get dominated.
BC game last year was 10 times worse than both games this season. TD played a big part in a few of the sacks today. He simply has zero feel for the game.

The whole offense is an issue at the moment from the OC and play calls, to QB, to oline to the WRs. Anyone who just thinks it's the QB is just not watching. Its a mess unfortunately.

No doubt but I'm not buying that its not Devito's fault also because the line is so bad. Yes the line is struggling but Devito looks straight up afraid to throw the ball.

BC game last year was 10 times worse than both games this season. TD played a big part in a few of the sacks today. He simply has zero feel for the game.

You are spot on, best way to describe it. He doesn't have a feel for the game right now. Is it all in his head ? Does he need a sorts psychologist like Trevor Cooney did when he would make 100 threes in a row in practice then shoot 14 % from behind the arc in the games ?

The line is bad but it looks better when Culpepper is in there...

Y’all wanna know why? What you are seeing is called pocket awareness. It’s not a tangible thing, it’s not something you can teach. You just have to get it. And sometimes you don’t.

Tommy DOES NOT have it.

Where’s he transferring to? FCS school?

No P5 team is taking him and that’s a fact.
He needs a burrow situation where they just need an arm to plug in. We need a transfer senior that can elevate the level of play of the people around him.

He needs a burrow situation where they just need an arm to plug in. We need a transfer senior that can elevate the level of play of the people around him.

LOL literally

Tommy wouldn’t do that, that’s the problem.

I’ve been saying since last season tommy only cares about his stats and getting to the NFL

I hope after today, he realizes, he’s not going to the NFL
I really don't think he thinks like that. I think he sees things slowly and does not want to make a mistake that hurts the team, so by the time he's confident a guy is going to be open, the window closes or he gets sacked. I think it's as simple as he just doesn't have 'it'. I think he works hard at everything he can control, but that probably won't be enough. It's the way it is. Not everyone that looks the part pans out.

Our crap oline doesn't help. It's a bad combo.

I have a feeling Tommy will transfer. If so i hope that
Rex takes advantage of the extra year. I believe that with a full year, next spring and fall camp he can become a good QB. Hopefully one of the true frosh win the job in the spring but either way Rex is a seasoned leader. I also expect Dino to go hard to get a transfer.
[/
The play he got “hurt” on had a good one.
It’s not all on the OL, that narrative sailed a loooong time ago.
your a clue bird it was a pump
Fake wheel route but he got hit in t
So go ahead let’s hear your sales pitch to this Qb !! Sell me to come here state the facts
Sell me !!!!!

your a clue bird it was a pump
Fake wheel route but he got hit in t
Okay I think.
Look clearly no one one on this board is going to change your point of view of you son, we get it.
We are a frustrated fan base you has seen two really poor games from our highly talented QB and a lot of us are at our wits end.
You didn’t have to endure Greg, Marrone leaving as the ship was going the right way, Shafer ruining the program and knocking us back years and now it seems to be slipping away again...

Okay I think.
Look clearly no one one on this board is going to change your point of view of you son, we get it.
We are a frustrated fan base you has seen two really poor games from our highly talented QB and a lot of us are at our wits end.
You didn’t have to endure Greg, Marrone leaving as the ship was going the right way, Shafer ruining the program and knocking us back years and now it seems to be slipping away again...
Ok but give your sales pitch I’m waiting

Ok sorry but TD got the worst poker hand in the country two years in a row it sucks . he graduates in Decemberwants to deliver for Syracuse
I really believe he wants to be the best he can for Cuse and bring us back to greatness.
just been a rough road.

You have to wonder (based on at least some evidence) if Devito plays better coming off the bench with instructions to start flinging it downfield rather than being the main guy going into the game. Or not.

Ok sorry but TD got the worst poker hand in the country two years in a row it sucks . he graduates in Decemberwants to deliver for Syracuse

I think he can deliver for SU he just needs to get rid of the damn ball. You know the o-line is rough, just let it rip. Get the ball out hold his hands quick, every time. Rex did it, obviously with accuracy to be desired but he got rid of it. Tommy would be fine if he just relaxed and let it rip.

I think he can deliver for SU he just needs to get rid of the damn ball. You know the o-line is rough, just let it rip. Get the ball out hold his hands quick, every time. Rex did it, obviously with to be desired but he got rid of it. Tommy would be fine if he just relaxed and let it rip.
Last week 21 out of 31 balls came out quick
How about be a middle of the road line not last

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom