Quincy Guerrier . . . Superstar? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier . . . Superstar?

What I love about Guerrier is that he does what he’s good at (is that grammatically correct? Probably not). We love to have five-tool players — to borrow a baseball analogy — but I have a soft spot for guys who know what they do and just get after it.

My guess is that guerrier will round out his skill set to a degree but I LOVE that he’s just a ball of energy in the paint. Not sure it gets you a paycheck in the league but it is unbelievably valuable for a college team.

not sure he’s a superstar but it makes me think of a superstar. Melo was one of those guys that had a wealth of skill but he always knew when we needed a bucket to park his sizeable keyster in the lane and get fouled or get to the rim. Under appreciated aspect of his greatness, IMO. Guerrier has some of that dna — get down low and battle your a$$ off. Love it.

I might be in the minority with my opinion here but I don’t see him leaving after this year. His jumper has looked much better and gone in for him but I feel like his game right now isn’t going to translate to NBA success. I’m not saying he can’t get there, he def can but I feel like most of points are in the post area or off offensive boards. I also am a bit underwhelmed but his vertical but I think that’s due to his injury. He is not suited to play the 3 NBA yet and looks like an undersized 4 which is fine cause that’s way the nba is trending. I think he really needs to become a knockdown shooter and be in the mold of a 3 and D/hustle guy. Whoever made the Millsap comparison is spot on, although I’d say he is a poor mans Millsap at this current point. Again I’m not saying he can’t get there but I think he’s got a little east to go. Just my IMO, love him in his role currently though.

If he keeps playing at this level, will he be gone to the NBA following this year?

he's gonna be a beast. I expect massive NBA improvements as soon as this year if he gets enough PT.
it sucked watching him rot on the bench when he was the only player that can play the boards

Quincy's offense is coming. His shot is improving. I hope we get him for a 3rd year. His game is going to develop into something special.

Reevaluating my upside to... Jae Crowder? Q looks fantastic atm

Agreed. At least from a college prospective. He’s been better than I imagined this year. Reminds me of how Crowder killed us when he was at Marquette.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom