Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The age is certainly a factor, but it's hard to see him getting a 2nd round commitment. Maybe he can be stashed and go play overseas because he's Canadian?
He's probably going to have a difficult time getting drafted whether he goes this year or stays. I suspect he'll be told he's a 2nd rounder and then we'll see if he gets lucky and gets picked or not.

Q is no PF and that's were we play him. strong upper body but lacking about 2 more inches of leg.
he knows where he's slotted again next year. and probably a bit more 5 if marek leaves.
No. he won't play the 5. And he will get some run, sort of, at the 3 if he comes back. He is taking the correct approach. I really hope he comes back.

So the big story here is if he's not signing with an agent, that means it may limit his exposure to overseas opportunities. That could prove to be big.
I wonder with the covid situation if that will limit overseas opportunities.

So the big story here is if he's not signing with an agent, that means it may limit his exposure to overseas opportunities. That could prove to be big.
He'll almost certainly be able to get an idea of those opportunities before officially signing with an agent. For now though, he's maintaining his flexibility to return to school if he wants. He doesn't need to rush it with an agent right now.

Glad Q is leaving his options open.

I think in general, if a player is considering going pro and there is little in the way of improvements he can make, he should go.

Tyler Ennis for instance. He finished his career on a high note and his ceiling wasn’t that high. Not much potential to improve his stock in another year.

With Q, I think there is great potential for him to improve his stock.

1) I think he has the potential to be a very good 3 point shooter. He was in HS and if you watch his form, it is flawless. His outside shooting improved some this year but It think if he hung around one more yea,r he could get his 3 point % up near 40%.

2) He has an obvious gaping hole in his game with his inability to go to his left. Everyone is overplaying him, it is one of the reasons he lost effectiveness in the season half of the season and if he wants to be a good pro, he has to address this. It would be much better for him to get this done before he goes pro.

3) He has two years of college basketball in but in both years, he hurt hurt almost the entire season and his effectiveness was greatly affected by playing on one leg. I think if he could show what he can do with two good legs, for a full season, it would really boost his draft stock,

Maybe there is a smart team out there that can see the potential and is willing to take a chance on his now. If so, ye,s by all means, go, get drafted and start your pro career. If no one is currently interested, it would be in his best interests to come back for his junior season, where he would be a huge part of the offense, post some great numbers, show he has addressed the weaknesses in his game and position himself as a first round draft pick.

JB says he believes Quincy can be an AA next season. I think it is possible.

It is smart of him to test the waters and gauge interest.. Let’s see what people who really know basketball think.

Q testing the waters isn't a good thing for us. Being 6'6 to 6'7, most likely he will be told that he will need to display typical small forward skills (more shots from the outside, including 3s along with showing other small forward/perimeter player type skills). We have him playing inside and as a power forward. If Marek leaves and we can't get a quality center, JB will ask Guerrier to play some center. If he goes back to college, he should go somewhere that will allow him to play his natural position, and I would not blame him at all - Marek's been playing out of position his entire time at Syracuse, Lydon did too. Filling a spot in a pinch is admirable and expected, but we ask too much from guys to play out of position most of the time. It's not a good look for guys with pro potential who need to showcase their talent.

I like Quincy, but he has no position in the NBA. He’s not an NBA four man or three. He can’t guard either one. He has a lot of holes in his game. Zero ability to dribble and can’t go left at all. Below average shooting (has some potential to get better), but he can’t create his own shot. Whoever is telling him he’s ready doesn‘t know talent or is just taking advantage. I can’t imagine NBA scouts saying he will get drafted. He doesn’t have a mid range game either.

Q testing the waters isn't a good thing for us. Being 6'6 to 6'7, most likely he will be told that he will need to display typical small forward skills (more shots from the outside, including 3s along with showing other small forward/perimeter player type skills). We have him playing inside and as a power forward. If Marek leaves and we can't get a quality center, JB will ask Guerrier to play some center. If he goes back to college, he should go somewhere that will allow him to play his natural position, and I would not blame him at all - Marek's been playing out of position his entire time at Syracuse, Lydon did too. Filling a spot in a pinch is admirable and expected, but we ask too much from guys to play out of position most of the time. It's not a good look for guys with pro potential who need to showcase their talent.
He will never be asked to play center.

I like Quincy, but he has no position in the NBA. He’s not an NBA four man or three. He can’t guard either one. He has a lot of holes in his game. Zero ability to dribble and can’t go left at all. Below average shooting (has some potential to get better), but he can’t create his own shot. Whoever is telling him he’s ready doesn‘t know talent or is just taking advantage. I can’t imagine NBA scouts saying he will get drafted. He doesn’t have a mid range game either.
With that type of glowing analysis why would we even want him at SU?

JB will ask Q to play some center...Just stop

Smart move by Quincy. No harm at all in getting honest feedback on your skills and deficiencies. I don’t think he gets drafted by the NBA, but I’m far from an expert. I’ve thought for awhile that he’ll end up playing overseas next year. With his age, it makes sense. Selfishly I’d love to have him back at Cuse, but I wish him well whatever he decides to do.

coleman,Lydon.marek. Q. you've all seen it . JB has no issue playing you out of position. .

With that type of glowing analysis why would we even want him at SU?
College is not the NBA and 6’7” power forwards can get by in college. I also think he’s replaceable if he leaves. No one wants to hear this, but JB, Jr. is more skilled than Quincy.

College is not the NBA and 6’7” power forwards can get by in college. I also think he’s replaceable if he leaves. No one wants to hear this, but JB, Jr. is more skilled than Quincy.
Not that it seems to matter, but isn’t Jimmy more of a 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom