Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone watches the sideline, this isnt all that surprising. And, Im sure Q doesnt want to come back to lose minutes and not showcase himself. Not saying he won’t play a lot but assume he wants to go somewhere where he is more of a focal point. These kids aren’t dumb. We all know whose team this is next year.

Everyone should read this and remember it. It is as spot
Oh my gawd. I go away for the day and come back to this?? Jeezus Cxst, Boeheim. Just when I was getting over Jim for the whole Kadary debacle, then this. What the hell. Boeheim is managing his team like a rookie blinded from reality. I'm tired of the old man. Just tired of it all.
Go spend some time around college athletes. Your opinion may change.

I enjoy reading all the comments bashing the coaching staff.

dasher has said so many of the right things. We’ve been saying Q wasn’t coming Back for months, so the real question is why does everyone care so much about what the answer is to why he’s not coming back ? He’s done with su and that’s it.

I’m saying this ends up like Dior... the recruitment doesn’t make sense. Don’t kill me, just saying what I feel
1619847166091.png

dasher has said so many of the right things. We’ve been saying Q wasn’t coming Back for months, so the real question is why does everyone care so much about what the answer is to why he’s not coming back ? He’s done with su and that’s it.
If he was going pro internationally this would be easier to swallow but i bet he ends up at Seton Hall somehow

Again mostly everyone assumed QG was going pro.
If he goes pro then no problem.
QG was 3rd team all-ACC he is better than Cole Swider and Jimmy Jr.
Benny Williams isn’t sitting on the bench next year.

JB wasn’t going to sit Cole Swider so QG was in an awful position.

If he plays college basketball next year then because JB doesn’t play deep rotations forced him out.

That is why I said Jimmy Jr. should have been nothing but depth.
People like Dasher say wait and see but my point is essence QG was pushed out if he doesn’t go pro.

That sucks. Why we would he come back for a lesser role when he was 3rd team all-ACC last year.
Jimmy Jr. better be good next year. He isn’t depth he is being groomed for a real role and if QG wanted to come back would have impacted.

I hope QG goes pro. As I would rather have him all day long over Jimmy Jr.

So Q tests the waters which usually ends bad for us. We recruit Cole and add Jr which we all knew was happening. Q, a very good player but not an NBA guy most likely, nor ACC POY quite frankly, starts assessing or hearing what he needs to show at the next level. Knows his role here won't allow it and, like all of us, knows JBs kids are getting minutes. This shouldn't shock anyone, and Cole or Benny better prepare for it. This is Cuse basketball until JB moves on. The only unknown is what shape the program will be in when he leaves.
Also there may be non hoop stuff going on here. We never know the life stuff that players deal with. My prediction he's 22 and never plays in college again.

Also there may be non hoop stuff going on here. We never know the life stuff that players deal with. My prediction he's 22 and never plays in college again.
I can see him in the G league next season. Playing another season of CBB for a different school makes no sense. I think Q is overrating himself but if he develops a consistent J he can make money.

Again mostly everyone assumed QG was going pro.
If he goes pro then no problem.
QG was 3rd team all-ACC he is better than Cole Swider and Jimmy Jr.
Benny Williams isn’t sitting on the bench next year.

JB wasn’t going to sit Cole Swider so QG was in an awful position.

If he plays college basketball next year then because JB doesn’t play deep rotations forced him out.

That is why I said Jimmy Jr. should have been nothing but depth.
People like Dasher say wait and see but my point is essence QG was pushed out if he doesn’t go pro.

That sucks. Why we would he come back for a lesser role when he was 3rd team all-ACC last year.
Jimmy Jr. better be good next year. He isn’t depth he is being groomed for a real role and if QG wanted to come back would have impacted.

I hope QG goes pro. As I would rather have him all day long over Jimmy Jr.
It’s unlikely that Q to the portal comes as a surprise to the staff. If they were confident about his return they wouldn’t have added both Cole and Jimmy Jr on the roster.

Q’s problem wasn’t minutes in my opinion. It was that, like many players with pro aspirations, he wanted to showcase himself so he could get to the NBA. At 6’6” he needed to demonstrate he had wing skills, and at SU he has been asked to be the PF. My guess is that if he is playing in college next year it will be on a team that has a good PF and no SF.

Last edited:
Coach his sons is fine.
Go out of his way to change how he handles rotations because it affects his son is another thing.

If Jimmy wanted to be bench depth here then good for JB. If JB is getting this kid minutes because he is son and changing how he handles rotations then that major league bullchit.
There were times last season when Buddy played too much, but I’m not ready to bash on JB for playing Jimmy too much when it hasn’t happened yet. The idea that Jimmy would get minutes at Q’s expense is an assumption.

It’s unlikely that Q to the portal comes as a surprise to the staff. If they were confident about his return they wouldn’t have added Cole and Jimmy Jr on the roster.

Q’s problem wasn’t minutes in my opinion. It was that, like many players with pro aspirations, he wanted to showcase himself so he could get to the NBA. At 6’6” he needed to demonstrate he had wing skills, and at SU he has been asked to be the PF. My guess is that if he is playing in college next year it will be on a team that has a good PF and no SF.
I think this may be true. Both Benny and Cole would be more likely to fill the wing forward position on offense when paired with Q.

It’s unlikely that Q to the portal comes as a surprise to the staff. If they were confident about his return they wouldn’t have added Cole and Jimmy Jr on the roster.

Quincy want to play the three and be in the perimeter. The problem is he can’t dribble and is a below average shooter. JB knows he needs to play around the basket and Quincy thinks differently. He’s not going to get drafted, so there’s a good chance he’s playing at another school next year.

The coaches have a higher opinion on next years team than the fans do or else we wouldn’t be scheduling as difficult as we are. I will reassess my opinion of roster construction after the OOC next year, but personally I never expected QG back.

It’s unlikely that Q to the portal comes as a surprise to the staff. If they were confident about his return they wouldn’t have added both Cole and Jimmy Jr on the roster.

We only have 3 forwards right now, unless we play one of our string bean centers there. Q leaving is about his relationship with Boeheim, sad to say.

Q leaving is about his relationship with Boeheim, sad to say.

you don’t know that. And if you’re going to believe that there’s a hell of a lot of coaches that have poor relationships with their players seeing as how there’s so many in the portal, many who are better than Q. I will maintain what I said in the beginning, IMO it had something to do with JB insisting on a decision. Can’t just hang till July.

you don’t know that. And if you’re going to believe that there’s a hell of a lot of coaches that have poor relationships with their players seeing as how there’s so many in the portal, many who are better than Q. I will maintain what I said in the beginning, IMO it had something to do with JB insisting on a decision. Can’t just hang till July.

All I'm saying is that to enter the transfer portal when Boeheim is calling him a potential All American sounds like JB is trying to give Q some love too late after the fact.

Yep. The transfer portal not only made it easier for kids to bail - but also made it harder for programs to asses their roster. If this was a normal year, I bet JB adds a lesser ready forward in case Q leaves, but at least then you cpold keep Qs spot. But we had the ability to add a really good player who can contribute right away (well, 2) .. so you have to do that. A world where we don’t have Swider AND Q would be rough. Then you really would see 35 minutes of Jimmy

All I'm saying is that to enter the transfer portal when Boeheim is calling him a potential All American sounds like JB is trying to give Q some love too late after the fact.

of every player on the team except maybe buddy the last few weeks, JB was complimentary of Q. He didn’t just this week say he could be an AA. He said that weeks ago when Q was probably considering giving the pros a shot. There was nothing I saw all year that said Q had an issue with JB. It was always whether Q would test the nba waters.

Best wishes to Quincy. I was excited for him as a recruit, enjoyed his energy on the team, and hope nothing but the best for him. I'm also very excited for SU's team next season. There is great opportunity in moments of chaos and I think SU will be fine. I'm hoping for another transfer or two, but no player, coach, or fan ever asked my advice on the roster and no one ever will. I'm a dedicated observer that has enjoyed the teams that JB has put together. I expect that won't change this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom