Class of 2017 - RB Gus Edwards will be Grad Transfer/Commits to Rutgers | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 RB Gus Edwards will be Grad Transfer/Commits to Rutgers

I can understand why they would want to block the transfer to a team that they will be playing. Not so much for the one player, but because of the intimate knowledge of the playbook and personnel. Would we be keen on a player that has been at SU for 4 years transferring to a team that we would be playing this year? I would have my reservations, but would choose to let him transfer, because, at the end of the day, this should be about what's best for each young man.

All the while its just assumed that he even wants to go to SU? Imagine Babers et all looking at whats happening while not actively trying to recruit him (or vice versa)?

Obviously SU is where we want him to go, but he should have the opportunity to go where he wants as a grad student. It makes Miami look like they feel threatened by him going to SU, or Pitt or wherever.

Obviously SU is where we want him to go, but he should have the opportunity to go where he wants as a grad student. It makes Miami look like they feel threatened by him going to SU, or Pitt or wherever.
Oh i totally agree and get that. Was just thinking how ironic this would be if cuse wasn't even an option for either party.

Crap

-------
Report: Miami running back Gus Edwards denied transfer to Syracuse

Apparently, Gus Edwards and Syracuse University are destined never to join forces.

The former Tottenville HS standout, who just finished his redshirt junior season with the University of Miami, will reportedly not be allowed to transfer to the Orange, his team of choice.

The story was first reported by the CuseNation.com website and later confirmed by the Palm Beach Post.

Crap

-------

Apparently, Gus Edwards and Syracuse University are destined never to join forces.

The former Tottenville HS standout, who just finished his redshirt junior season with the University of Miami, will reportedly not be allowed to transfer to the Orange, his team of choice.

The story was first reported by the . . . . . . . . . . . . . . website and later confirmed by the Palm Beach Post.

This isn't news we didn't know lol

Crap

-------

The story was first reported by the . . . . . . . . . . . . . . website and later confirmed by the Palm Beach Post.

I don't think there's anything new in this. Advance Digital just a little slow posting the story across platforms.

"The story was first reported by the . . . . . . . . . . . . . . website and later confirmed by the Palm Beach Post."

The only thing new is that the opening states that SU is his team of choice. I'm not sure that they aren't still speculating about that though.

I don't think there's anything new in this. Advance Digital just a little slow posting the story across platforms.

"The story was first reported by the . . . . . . . . . . . . . . website and later confirmed by the Palm Beach Post."
I read that to be that he definitely picked Syracuse as his transfer destination. I haven't seen that anywhere.

Oh well. Carry on. :)

I read that to be that he definitely picked Syracuse as his transfer destination. I haven't seen that anywhere.

Oh well. Carry on. :)

If the kid wanted to go to Rutgers(or BC or Temple) , then his people wouldn't have leaked the transfer restriction info. Figure it should be SU or Pitt, and even though both schools are about the same driving distance(SU being closer), I would bet on us. Now we just need the jackass AD of Miami to give in to the public ridicule!

I can understand why they would want to block the transfer to a team that they will be playing. Not so much for the one player, but because of the intimate knowledge of the playbook and personnel. Would we be keen on a player that has been at SU for 4 years transferring to a team that we would be playing this year? I would have my reservations, but would choose to let him transfer, because, at the end of the day, this should be about what's best for each young man.
You'd learn much more from game tape than having Gus sit down and try to explain everything they do. You think the RB is going to know every single lineman's assignment or which TEs are blocking on which play or which WR is running what route? You learn your position. This is definitely an overstated excuse for not letting a kid transfer. I have ZERO problem if a kid goes to a school we play next season.

You'd learn much more from game tape than having Gus sit down and try to explain everything they do. You think the RB is going to know every single lineman's assignment or which TEs are blocking on which play or which WR is running what route? You learn your position. This is definitely an overstated excuse for not letting a kid transfer. I have ZERO problem if a kid goes to a school we play next season.
You definitely know better than I. So they are just being spiteful?

If we agreed to sit him for the Miami game I would do it.
That is Miami's beef. They don't kids transferring to teams on their schedule.
We should get this eventually as the Bo Ryan, John Beilein,Brian Kelly negative press will get them to cave eventually.

So the only thing keeping him from cuse is Richt?

So the only thing keeping him from cuse is Richt?

Not necessarily. They're saying it's an institutional policy.

“Institutionally, our policy has been that we would not do that [allow a transfer] for a school we’re going to play in the upcoming season,” AD Blake James said.

Not necessarily. They're saying it's an institutional policy.

“Institutionally, our policy has been that we would not do that [allow a transfer] for a school we’re going to play in the upcoming season,” AD Blake James said.

That's so soft it's pissing off Defensive Coordinator Scott Shafer all the way in Tennessee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom