RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal

Question for CL or those familiar with the "mechanics " of the transfer portal. Once the player enters the portal, does that action terminate the scholarship that player had in the program they were in?

Question for CL or those familiar with the "mechanics " of the transfer portal. Once the player enters the portal, does that action terminate the scholarship that player had in the program they were in?

Yes my understanding is after that semester is over, the coach is free to do what he wants with the scholarship, including letting the player keep it if they have changed their mind.

Maybe Jordan will come back here, but I do think that there's a big difference between a guy entering the portal with one year of eligibility left (presumably to showcase himself for the draft) and a guy entering the portal with 3 years of eligibility left.
I said I have a shred of hope.

Would Jawhar be allowed to participate in spring practice if he remains a student but is still in the portal?
I'd venture to guess that there will be some ultimatum at that time.

Be interesting to see where he ends up. If I was in his shoes (fast shoes), I would try and get on a big 12 type offense

Be interesting to see where he ends up. If I was in his shoes (fast shoes), I would try and get on a big 12 type offense
Our offense is supposed to be a Big 12 type offense.

It will be interesting if he ends up somewhere that will let him be the #1 everydown RB. I believe the prevailing thought is that he wasn't going to be that here.

Would Jawhar be allowed to participate in spring practice if he remains a student but is still in the portal?
I'd venture to guess that there will be some ultimatum at that time.
That would be no.

Our offense is supposed to be a Big 12 type offense.

It will be interesting if he ends up somewhere that will let him be the #1 everydown RB. I believe the prevailing thought is that he wasn't going to be that here.
What it is supposed to be, and what it is...are two different things,.

What it is supposed to be, and what it is...are two different things,.
The offense is the same design. What you're talking about is execution. So what you're saying is that he should look for an offense like ours that has been consistently successful. The problem for him may be that he doesn't fit the roll of every down back there either.

I think he's going to have trouble finding a P5 school that will leave him exclusively at RB at his size. He can be a weapon as a swiss army knife, and, if he is going to make it to the league, he probably needs to recognize that's his best path to get there.

Last edited:
That would be no.
Why not? Cincinnati's backup QB entered the transfer portal late this fall but was still on the team. practiced with the team and was the backup for the Peach Bowl vs. Georgia. Pretty sure there is no rule to prevent them practicing. Likely up to the coach and unless they are positive he is not coming back or do not want him why wouldn't they let him practice while he's still there?

Flowers - is that as in a dozen roses, or the walk-on RB Devin Flowers?
As in, if it smells like cologne, leave it alone.

Why not? Cincinnati's backup QB entered the transfer portal late this fall but was still on the team. practiced with the team and was the backup for the Peach Bowl vs. Georgia. Pretty sure there is no rule to prevent them practicing. Likely up to the coach and unless they are positive he is not coming back or do not want him why wouldn't they let him practice while he's still there?
Not the same situation you described - In season and still actively on the team.

If Jordan is definitely leaving SU but is still enrolled this spring, he won’t practice. His reps need to go to others.
If he is 50:50 on actually leaving, then maybe he practices.

Keep hoping the coaches are still in his ear, and are trying to reel him back in - assuming, of course, he’s still in school.

Not the same situation you described - In season and still actively on the team.

If Jordan is definitely leaving SU but is still enrolled this spring, he won’t practice. His reps need to go to others.
If he is 50:50 on actually leaving, then maybe he practices.
You are talking "should". I'm talking rules and possibilities. Not the same thing.

You are talking "should". I'm talking rules and possibilities. Not the same thing.
I think you are right, he is able to practice as long as he has not received and accepted another offer. Whether the staff would want him without reiterating a commitment to SU is a different kettle of fish.

No, I am talking reality. Dino would set the “rule” on this, there is no right to practice that has to be followed. He is not going to let him practice as a team member if Jordan is leaving the team and is on his way out the door. If Jordan tells Dino, he is possibly having a change of heart, then sure maybe he lets him practice as part of the team. The other possibilities are moot.

No, I am talking reality. Dino would set the “rule” on this, there is no right to practice that has to be followed. He is not going to let him practice as a team member if Jordan is leaving the team and is on his way out the door. If Jordan tells Dino, he is possibly having a change of heart, then sure maybe he lets him practice as part of the team. The other possibilities are moot.
You sure seem to know a lot about what Dino would or will do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom