RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal

Perhaps the delayed vote on immediate eligibility of transfers has made him rethink?

Perhaps teams are waiting for after Signing Day to see what needs they have to address.
Could be. I would think he would be desireable enough that he would be prioritized over a high school kid. If not, I would question the benefit of leaving, if I were him.

We could be wrong, but the assumption has been that he wants to leave because he won't be the #1 RB. If teams don't foresee him as that regardless of what they have in their recruting class, I would be worried that I'd end up in the same situation elsewhere that I'm in here, if I were him.

That seems most likely. Still hold out hope he will see fit to return.
This is hope. A lot of players have put their names in and for whatever reason, taken it back out.

Jawhar is a unique player on this team. There is no one else like him on the roster. We need him badly and he is a great fit for this offensive scheme.

When Dino’s offenses have been at their best, he has a big, strong physical back and a smaller, really fast and shifty back he alternates. Tucker and Jordan would be perfect in these roles. The ACC is a tough league. It is a gauntlet to try and get through a season healthy and our chances to keep both of these guys uninsured all season are much higher if they split the carries (maybe plot them 3 days with Lutz as well).

Agree, hope this delay is being driven at least in part by him being unsure he is going to leave.

I think it should be clear to everyone the OL, barring another once in a century confluence of injuries, is going to be massively improved. Froumy is going to be a huge upgrade a center. Bleich is a massive upgrade over Tisdale. Dakota missed most of the season and while he slowly got better as he was worked into the lineup, it was largely a wasted season for him. Airon played on one leg all year long. Having him back at 100% is going to be huge. And Bergeron just keeps getting better each season. Best of all, we have way more depth on the OL in 2021. No way we will need to put a FB at OG. I expect a massive improvement on the OL next season.

We have added 2 really talented dual threat QBs to the QB room and both will be here for the spring, learning the offense. In addition to a really experienced fifth year QB who should know the offense as well as any Babers QB, ever.

We return a bunch of really promising WRs, including our two 2 OWRs, one of which looks like he might have been miscast at OWR, where he is a very good player. When he got snaps at the slot, he became an all conference level player. That is where I expect to see him next season.

The defense should be massively improved too, with a veteran line and a bevy of young and talented LBs and secondary players who were forced to play before their time last year, and will be positioned much better for success with all the experience they gained (and hopefully all the strength they gained since last year).

Hope Jawhar sees the potential there is for him to put up some crazy numbers in this offense in 2021. I think he might.

I would think he would want to be able to participate in his new team's spring practice too.

I remember reading a story about Kevin Johnson being ticked when McNabb beat him out for the QB job and the coaches asked him to move to WR. Marvin Harrison talked to him and explained his road to the league was always WR. He just didn't have the build to be a QB. I hope someone he trusts has had a similar conversation with Jordan.

That seems most likely. Still hold out hope he will see fit to return.
Agreed. I wonder if perhaps Jordan is also aware of Howard's and Adams potential status and is concerned less about starting but more for just getting touches. You can only distribute the rock so many times a game. If you hypothetically have Tucker starting and then Howard and Adams that doesn't leave much left.

Agreed. I wonder if perhaps Jordan is also aware of Howard's and Adams potential status and is concerned less about starting but more for just getting touches. You can only distribute the rock so many times a game. If you hypothetically have Tucker starting and then Howard and Adams that doesn't leave much left.
That's an interesting thought considering there was discussion during the last preseason that some people in the know were expecting him to take a bunch of carries from them.

Perhaps the market for a RB with a knee injury isn’t that great.

Former 4star back Mychale Salahuddin (knee injury) left Pitt and ended up at North Carolina A&T

Last edited:
I would think he would want to be able to participate in his new team's spring practice too.

I remember reading a story about Kevin Johnson being ticked when McNabb beat him out for the QB job and the coaches asked him to move to WR. Marvin Harrison talked to him and explained his road to the league was always WR. He just didn't have the build to be a QB. I hope someone he trusts has had a similar conversation with Jordan.
watching them play that spring game Johnson was the more dynamic QB for a college offense but McNabb had the better body for the offense.

This is hope. A lot of players have put their names in and for whatever reason, taken it back out.

Jawhar is a unique player on this team. There is no one else like him on the roster. We need him badly and he is a great fit for this offensive scheme.

When Dino’s offenses have been at their best, he has a big, strong physical back and a smaller, really fast and shifty back he alternates. Tucker and Jordan would be perfect in these roles. The ACC is a tough league. It is a gauntlet to try and get through a season healthy and our chances to keep both of these guys uninsured all season are much higher if they split the carries (maybe plot them 3 days with Lutz as well).

Agree, hope this delay is being driven at least in part by him being unsure he is going to leave.

I think it should be clear to everyone the OL, barring another once in a century confluence of injuries, is going to be massively improved. Froumy is going to be a huge upgrade a center. Bleich is a massive upgrade over Tisdale. Dakota missed most of the season and while he slowly got better as he was worked into the lineup, it was largely a wasted season for him. Airon played on one leg all year long. Having him back at 100% is going to be huge. And Bergeron just keeps getting better each season. Best of all, we have way more depth on the OL in 2021. No way we will need to put a FB at OG. I expect a massive improvement on the OL next season.

We have added 2 really talented dual threat QBs to the QB room and both will be here for the spring, learning the offense. In addition to a really experienced fifth year QB who should know the offense as well as any Babers QB, ever.

We return a bunch of really promising WRs, including our two 2 OWRs, one of which looks like he might have been miscast at OWR, where he is a very good player. When he got snaps at the slot, he became an all conference level player. That is where I expect to see him next season.

The defense should be massively improved too, with a veteran line and a bevy of young and talented LBs and secondary players who were forced to play before their time last year, and will be positioned much better for success with all the experience they gained (and hopefully all the strength they gained since last year).

Hope Jawhar sees the potential there is for him to put up some crazy numbers in this offense in 2021. I think he might.

I’ve been saying what you have about the oline for while. They had to have been very limited in what they could do at practice. Limited reps and probably the only live hitting was in games, With three full lines practice tempo should increase, which helps everyone

The big "if," though, is whether their injuries are such that full recoveries can be made. It's gotta be hard to play OL if you're compromised with bad legs.

i mean, how could he turn the opportunity down!?

You've convinced me that we may win 6 next year. 6 would be a massive improvement.

The big "if," though, is whether their injuries are such that full recoveries can be made. It's gotta be hard to play OL if you're compromised with bad legs.
Let’s take the injuries case by case.

Dakota Davis returned to play. He was way of game shape, as expected and had to move into the rotation gradually but by the end of the season, he appeared to be 100%, or very close to it. There should be no concerns about him.

Bleich was injured early in the season. Not sure if he was still recovering from the hip surgery he had the previous year or if it was something else but my understanding is that he would have been able to play by mid season had the NCAA done the right thing and allowed it. How they could refused immediately eligibility to any player when it was a free year for everyone is something only the NCAA could do. Still upset with them about that bizarre ruling.

Anyway, he should be at 100%, good to go. Probably very hungry to play again.

Not 100% sure but I believe Froumy had a standard knee surgery in the spring. I would think he will be okay to participate in spring football but maybe with COVID his PT recovering from the surgery was affected and maybe he will have to avoid contact drills until the fall. In any event, he should be 100% for the fall. Likely close to 100% for the spring.

Anthony Red reportedly tore an Achilles tendon before the season. The standard recovery for this injury in the NFL is 11 months. I assume he tore it in preseason camp and should be 100% for preseason camp this August.

Airon Servais had, I believe, a severe high ankle sprain that lasted all season because he kept playing on it and re-injuring it. I can’t imagine he will have any lasting problems with that. My guess is that had we had a serviceable OT available, he could have rested for 3 or 4 weeks and played the rest of the season at 100%. But we didn’t have that luxury.

Pat Davis was also hurt. Don’t know what his injury was and I am not sure if he is coming back or not. I believe he was expected to return during the season and had a setback.

I see no players in this list who we should be concerned about for next season.

watching them play that spring game Johnson was the more dynamic QB for a college offense but McNabb had the better body for the offense.
I didn't get to see that game. At one point I heard Johnson had the stronger arm. I wonder if he would get a longer look at QB in today's game.

He was the better QB that Day.. But it turned out better for both.. Johnson was never gonna be a Pro QB and we got 2 dynamic players instead of 1..

Let’s take the injuries case by case.

Dakota Davis returned to play. He was way of game shape, as expected and had to move into the rotation gradually but by the end of the season, he appeared to be 100%, or very close to it. There should be no concerns about him.

Bleich was injured early in the season. Not sure if he was still recovering from the hip surgery he had the previous year or if it was something else but my understanding is that he would have been able to play by mid season had the NCAA done the right thing and allowed it. How they could refused immediately eligibility to any player when it was a free year for everyone is something only the NCAA could do. Still upset with them about that bizarre ruling.

Anyway, he should be at 100%, good to go. Probably very hungry to play again.

Not 100% sure but I believe Froumy had a standard knee surgery in the spring. I would think he will be okay to participate in spring football but maybe with COVID his PT recovering from the surgery was affected and maybe he will have to avoid contact drills until the fall. In any event, he should be 100% for the fall. Likely close to 100% for the spring.

Anthony Red reportedly tore an Achilles tendon before the season. The standard recovery for this injury in the NFL is 11 months. I assume he tore it in preseason camp and should be 100% for preseason camp this August.

Airon Servais had, I believe, a severe high ankle sprain that lasted all season because he kept playing on it and re-injuring it. I can’t imagine he will have any lasting problems with that. My guess is that had we had a serviceable OT available, he could have rested for 3 or 4 weeks and played the rest of the season at 100%. But we didn’t have that luxury.

Pat Davis was also hurt. Don’t know what his injury was and I am not sure if he is coming back or not. I believe he was expected to return during the season and had a setback.

I see no players in this list who we should be concerned about for next season.
Okay, sounds good. Amazing that players recover from those injuries so fast today. The last I saw Pat Davis on a game broadcast, he was on one of those knee scooters, like Tommy.

Wanted to add a couple thoughts re: the O-line
- I think the fact that Bradford is being brought in as a OT and the staff is still recruiting a couple prospective OTs makes me think we could see Servais moved back inside, prolly to center. As we know he was moved out to OT back in 2019 because he was one of the experienced O-linemen and the staff wanted to get him on the field in some capacity. Obviously, he then got moved back to Center when injuries happened but he was playing at a much smaller size than the year before. I think if he bulks up again, he can be a very capable center and Vett can move back to tackle. The good thing here is that someone like Froumy can start as a backup center and focus on catching up on missing reps in practice, rather than be thrust into the starting lineup after not playing for over a year.

-I hope we see every starting job open for competition with maybe the expectation of Bergeron at LT.

-I hope Dino is able to bring in a quality O-line coach, someone who is an expert technician and can coach up our guys. I think we've done a pretty decent job recruiting high upside OL, but we haven't done a good job coaching them up. There are a bunch of guys on the roster with a lot of upside like Red, Petry, Cruz, Froumy who if they get the right coaching can become very good ACC level linemen.

Obviously besides QB, we need the O-line to take a big jump forward next season. Having more numbers and more experienced linemen back is a great first start, now the staff needs to just coach them up nicely.

Last edited:
That's an interesting thought considering there was discussion during the last preseason that some people in the know were expecting him to take a bunch of carries from them.
Jordan however, is not the same type of RB as Adams and Howard.

Jordan however, is not the same type of RB as Adams and Howard.
This. ^^^ Short of putting on 30lbs of muscle in the off-season, surely he has to recognize that his future's in the slot. Get this kid in space where he'll do the most damage, not running up the gut on every 3rd & 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom