RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal

I dont think it mattered what we ran the first few games. The line was bad. They barely played as a unit the whole pre season. That is not a overstatement. Im sure a lot of run plays were purposely left off, Players get hurt when you start running plays you dont run well. Jawhar never got the chance to play when the line got better. We would have saw more outside plays for him along with others ways of getting him in space. His first couple of series vs GT was looking promising.
Indeed. Although the line only marginally improved. (never graded at a P5 level) With Tucker showing the ability to make something out of almost nothing? I have to think Jawhar was longing for some plays in space, and felt Tucker won the inside zone job. I understand that frustration.

I still think Jawhar will be a fantastic RB, including inside zone, with some functional blocking. I expect him to get a P5 spot. If not? I'd hope he'd consider a return, with the hope that a new Oline coach can get the line functional. On social media, it seems he was tight with Cooper Dawson, and when your friends leave? Pretty easy to move along.

Indeed. Although the line only marginally improved. (never graded at a P5 level) With Tucker showing the ability to make something out of almost nothing? I have to think Jawhar was longing for some plays in space, and felt Tucker won the inside zone job. I understand that frustration.

I still think Jawhar will be a fantastic RB, including inside zone, with some functional blocking. I expect him to get a P5 spot. If not? I'd hope he'd consider a return, with the hope that a new Oline coach can get the line functional. On social media, it seems he was tight with Cooper Dawson, and when your friends leave? Pretty easy to move along.
A lot of good points here.

Any sighting of him working out with the team?

Would be another pleasant surprise, not that I am counting on it.
He's still in the directory but I guess he could be taking courses remotely. And as far as we know he hasn't transferred to another school yet. Just because you enter the portal doesn't mean there is a new end destination.

He's still in the directory but I guess he could be taking courses remotely. And as far as we know he hasn't transferred to another school yet. Just because you enter the portal doesn't mean there is a new end destination.
There is. He may be finishing his undergraduate courses. His mother told me this week he has enough credits to graduate. There will be a new destination.

There is. He may be finishing his undergraduate courses. His mother told me this week he has enough credits to graduate. There will be a new destination.
58FC7AEB-1491-4BD4-97B7-6E8EE8216F8C.gif

Do they know the destination?
It may depend on if he is a grad transfer. Will be able to play immediately, NCAA still hasn't voted on the one time transfer, and would only count towards the 85 not the class. Could make the difference for available scholarships for some schools.

Interesting. I think he is finishing up his second year on campus. It would be amazing if he was able to graduate in two academic years. Must have piled up a lot of credits in HS.

Sorry, I see this was already brought up...

I liked this post but I don’t like the fact that he is leaving. I don’t care who we recruit to replace him. He was misused and it sucks. Can I say sucks on this blog?

Last edited:
So he came into Syracuse with about 40 credits towards a degree?

I started to write a nasty response, but decided not to. Here is one fact. This May it will be 3 years since he graduated from High School He has been in college the entire time. Plus summers. Simple math. Started at SU in January after he graduated in May. College courses in the fall took care of the course that the NCAA did not approve. He did not have academic qualifying issues but a clearinghouse issue. He is not coming back. He is moving on somewhere else. No hard feelings. Just doing what is best for him.

I started to write a nasty response, but decided not to. Here is one fact. This May it will be 3 years since he graduated from High School He has been in college the entire time. Plus summers. Simple math. Started at SU in January after he graduated in May. College courses in the fall took care of the course that the NCAA did not approve. He did not have academic qualifying issues but a clearinghouse issue. He is not coming back. He is moving on somewhere else. No hard feelings. Just doing what is best for him.
Thanks Linda. That clears things up. Like everyone here, I am disappointment to see him go. But for me, less because of what he might contribute to the team, and more because it seems like he didn’t end up loving Syracuse as much as I do. Certainly understand d as kid doing what’s best for himself. Best of luck to him.

Thanks Linda. That clears things up. Like everyone here, I am disappointment to see him go. But for me, less because of what he might contribute to the team, and more because it seems like he didn’t end up loving Syracuse as much as I do. Certainly understand d as kid doing what’s best for himself. Best of luck to him.
I'm sad that we never got to see him do what we all had hoped he would do here. We saw predecessors with less physical ability get opportunities he didn't. We had all imagined him helping our offense get to that next level. When he kills it somewhere else, I won't be able to help but think about what might have been.

Last edited:
I'm sad that we never got to see him do what we all had hoped he would do here. We saw predecessors with less physical ability get opportunities didn't. We had all imagined him helping out offense get to that next level. When he kills it somewhere else I won't be able to help think about what might have been.
Congrats to the young man. It will be interesting to see where he lands and how he is utilized.

Maybe he got sick of running up the middle. Probably not his strength.
In spread formations against 6 man box you have to be able to run inside zone. Jawhar will need to be able to run that play no matter what team he plays for. Especially if he wants to play in the NFL. He can do it. It helps alot to have a adequate offensive line and a threat of a pass game so teams cant just play the run.

Wish him well. He’d benefit from a MAC, Mountain West or AAC offense imo. Run focused and opportunities to get in a groove with high volume

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom