RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal

I believe he was talking about Tucker.

It should have been in reply to the poster who said it's been awhile. He's right it has been, but we had a few after Reyes.

I will always remember Bailey's block in the Pinstrip Bowl to give Nassib enough time to bomb it out to Sales
F236C45B-5DCE-458F-82AC-A0DABF87BB15.gif

It should have been in reply to the poster who said it's been awhile. He's right it has been, but we had a few after Reyes.
I was the one that mentioned Reyes. I didn't mean to say he was our last complete back, even though I don't think the others were quite as good, just that he is the closest comparison to Tucker.

Last edited:
Gulley, Anton Bailey, Carter all had good vision and jitterbug ability. Didn't really see enough of Jordan to know.

Jordan was really fast, and he didn't over-juke a defender and dance at the line of scrimmage like that kid from F-M used to do. Jordan was usually one shoulder fake, or one cut, and then past a guy.

Of course, that was mostly high school tapes. He seldom had room to run for us. He probably would have been helped by having an offensive line with bigger gaps between the linemen.

Bigger gaps can hamper your pass coverage, but for a running game, it improves blocking angles and can make opening up holes easier.

Of course you have to commit to doing that, or the other team will burn you badly. You can't dabble at that, or the defense will eat you alive with the pass rushers we have in this league.

Jordan was really fast, and he didn't over-juke a defender and dance at the line of scrimmage like that kid from F-M used to do. Jordan was usually one shoulder fake, or one cut, and then past a guy.

Of course, that was mostly high school tapes. He seldom had room to run for us. He probably would have been helped by having an offensive line with bigger gaps between the linemen.

Bigger gaps can hamper your pass coverage, but for a running game, it improves blocking angles and can make opening up holes easier.

Of course you have to commit to doing that, or the other team will burn you badly. You can't dabble at that, or the defense will eat you alive with the pass rushers we have in this league.
“that kid from F-M”.

jordan had a few good carries. That kid from F-M (Damien Rhodes) is a top 10 -11 all time rushing yards and 8th rushing TD’s at Syracuse. He was pretty damn good and that’s pretty good company

“that kid from F-M”.

jordan had a few good carries. That kid from F-M (Damien Rhodes) is a top 10 -11 all time rushing yards and 8th rushing TD’s at Syracuse. He was pretty damn good and that’s pretty good company
Exactly

Damien could have gone to any school he wanted.

He stayed home and had a great career

And this is what we're going to miss. Just thought a reminder would be useful.

Last edited:
“that kid from F-M”.

Sorry, but Damian Rhodes is like a half-step better than Johnny Morant on my list of all-time SU greats. He was a track guy, never really a football guy. Always a bit soft in my book. Great athletic skills, but way too much Darryl Strawberry in Rhodes.

Exactly

Damien could have gone to any school he wanted.

He stayed home and had a great career

"Great career" is a stretch. He never gained 1,000 yards. Not once.

He had one very good year (his junior year), and an ok senior year.

Not a legend.

Here are some guys who had 1,000 yard rushing seasons:

Antwon Bailey
Curtis Brinkley
Dee Brown
Delone Carter
Larry Csonka
Floyd Little
Joe Morris
James Mungro
Michael Owens
Walter Reyes
Jerome Smith

Damian Rhodes is not one of them.

Not a legend.

Antwon Bailey
Curtis Brinkley
Dee Brown
Delone Carter
Larry Csonka
Floyd Little
Joe Morris
James Mungro
Michael Owens
Walter Reyes
Jerome Smith

Why do you feel the need to diss a local player who made good?

Not a legend.

Antwon Bailey
Curtis Brinkley
Dee Brown
Delone Carter
Larry Csonka
Floyd Little
Joe Morris
James Mungro
Michael Owens
Walter Reyes
Jerome Smith

So by your measure David Walker, Rob Drummond and Jim Nance were not very good either. Welll I guess you would not know a RB if you see one in that case.

Not a legend.

Antwon Bailey
Curtis Brinkley
Dee Brown
Delone Carter
Larry Csonka
Floyd Little
Joe Morris
James Mungro
Michael Owens
Walter Reyes
Jerome Smith

This is a really strange post. IB said he was one of the Top 10-11 RBs at Syracuse and you shouldn't compare him with a kid who made basically one big play (that I can recall) in his short career here.

You come back with your 1,000 yard list to defend your point, introduce the word "legend" (your word, no one else's). And Rhodes' career should have more context than just posting who the 1,000 yard rushers were.

Sorry, but Damian Rhodes is like a half-step better than Johnny Morant on my list of all-time SU greats. He was a track guy, never really a football guy. Always a bit soft in my book. Great athletic skills, but way too much Darryl Strawberry in Rhodes.

you never fail to underwhelm

im pretty sure he split time with other guys, why don’t you look it up

and his senior year who were the coaches?

dope

Not a legend.

Antwon Bailey
Curtis Brinkley
Dee Brown
Delone Carter
Larry Csonka
Floyd Little
Joe Morris
James Mungro
Michael Owens
Walter Reyes
Jerome Smith

Dude

Walter Reyes was also in front of him his first three years

Chris Davis, drafted by Seahawks was in front of him, and Thump Belton got touches too

Not a legend.

Antwon Bailey
Curtis Brinkley
Dee Brown
Delone Carter
Larry Csonka
Floyd Little
Joe Morris
James Mungro
Michael Owens
Walter Reyes
Jerome Smith

Damien was playing during PP's down years. He had to deal with a new coach transitioning in. His senior with G Rob he had to play in a new west coast system and had 900 yards rushing, 300 receiving. This is all on a bad 1-10 team.

Last edited:
Why do you feel the need to diss a local player who made good?

I have a friend who coached him. He could have been a much better player for his given talent.

And I watched him. He danced too much at the line of scrimmage. He was not a back who lowered his shoulder into contact. Jordan is not that type of back, in my opinion.

I think both things can be true at the same time. Rhodes was a really good RB that may not have maxed out his potential, given his physical tools. Of course there are tons of great athletes that could be said of.

I think both things can be true at the same time. Rhodes was a really good RB that may not have maxed out his potential, given his physical tools. Of course there are tons of great athletes that could be said of.

That's why I compared him to Johnny Morant or Darryl Strawberry. Gifted athletes who never quite lived up to their potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom