RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

RB Jawhar Jordan in the transfer portal

In spread formations against 6 man box you have to be able to run inside zone. Jawhar will need to be able to run that play no matter what team he plays for. Especially if he wants to play in the NFL. He can do it. It helps alot to have a adequate offensive line and a threat of a pass game so teams cant just play the run.
That's the basis for my previous comment. Imagine him with the room our RB's had in 2018. We weren't bullying defenses, but some of those running plays that went for 5 or 10 may have been home runs with him.

I started to write a nasty response, but decided not to. Here is one fact. This May it will be 3 years since he graduated from High School He has been in college the entire time. Plus summers. Simple math. Started at SU in January after he graduated in May. College courses in the fall took care of the course that the NCAA did not approve. He did not have academic qualifying issues but a clearinghouse issue. He is not coming back. He is moving on somewhere else. No hard feelings. Just doing what is best for him.
I'm sorry that my post came across as doubting the truth of yours. I didn't realize he came to SU with college credits in hand. I'm still amazed that Jawhar has completed a degree in such a short time. It's our loss that he's gone before confirming what we glimpsed on the gridiron in 2019.

I'm sorry that my post came across as doubting the truth of yours. I didn't realize he came to SU with college credits in hand. I'm still amazed that Jawhar has completed a degree in such a short time. It's our loss that he's gone before confirming what we glimpsed on the gridiron in 2019.
Yes it is our loss. Do you remember his tape coming out of Hamilton H.S. in Chandler AZ?

I remember the positive reactions of lots of people on this board after viewing his moves. Everyone couldn't wait for him to get here - his moves and speed were spectacular. A high school back who has his talent for breaking the ankles of dbs and running away from safeties. Fortunately for him he had an OLINE who blocked for him til he barely got through and then turned on the burners and moves and was gone.

His high school numbers: As a senior, carried the ball 185 times for 1,774 yards and 27 touchdowns … Rushed for 100+ yards in eight out of 12 games, averaging 9.6 yards per carry and 147.8 yards per contest … Also caught 16 passes for 177 yards (11.1 avg.) and a touchdown …

4.37 40 kids don't come along often. He was then the 4th fastest recruit in the country and we had him.

My question with Jawhar if he does land in a P5 program is his durability. You can't run through the interior of a line at his weight and not get hurt. At most he was 5'10" 170 a 6'4" 230 - 40 LB hits him the right way and there is a big chance he gets hurt again. Being so fast in high school he could break away or avoid those intended collisions. Not at this level. I want to wish him all the best and hope he lands at a school who can give him all the opportunities he wasn't afforded here.

Last edited:
Great topic, wish JJ were staying, but did we have to wait 17 pages to find that out? Sheesh. Why do I even pay for this site?

He has put on more weight. I forgot how much. Also he may just be finishing up his credits so may still be a traditional transfer. Either way, I hope we get to see him do good things, and we have good running backs coming back to SU so we will be fine also.

He has put on more weight. I forgot how much. Also he may just be finishing up his credits so may still be a traditional transfer. Either way, I hope we get to see him do good things, and we have good running backs coming back to SU so we will be fine also.
Wouldn't mind seeing him at my alma mater ASU.

Seems like a good young man. I hope he finds a place where he can get a lot of playing time and put up some great numbers.

What might have been.

All offers have been power 5. I don't even think the others are in the mix.
As it should be. His skill set is uncommon.

Money3189 is 100% right on him. He'll need to run inside zone, in a spread. He'll need a functional Oline to do that. Tucker and Howard can bully themselves through a cubby hole sized hole. He needs a touch more space(a normal hole) to utilize that speed. That's on the Oline.

If he was asked to go to the slot? I don't blame him for passing. Once he gets moving? He can break ankles. in the 2019 spring game? He ran up the middle. They also sent him around the edge, because he developed a threat in the middle. He scored 2 TD's around the edge. One called back for an unnecessary penalty.

There were no edge plays for him, this year. The offense was so dysfunctional, they HAD to go up the middle. Sincerely hope a healthy Oline, and Schmidt can help make the offense function again.

Jawhar will be a fantastic back somewhere. I secretly hope he doesn't sign elsewhere, likes what he sees in spring ball, and gives us another shot. I'll guess he lights it up elsewhere, though.

Money3189 is 100% right on him. He'll need to run inside zone, in a spread. He'll need a functional Oline to do that. Tucker and Howard can bully themselves through a cubby hole sized hole. He needs a touch more space(a normal hole) to utilize that speed. That's on the Oline.

If he was asked to go to the slot? I don't blame him for passing. Once he gets moving? He can break ankles. in the 2019 spring game? He ran up the middle. They also sent him around the edge, because he developed a threat in the middle. He scored 2 TD's around the edge. One called back for an unnecessary penalty.

There were no edge plays for him, this year. The offense was so dysfunctional, they HAD to go up the middle. Sincerely hope a healthy Oline, and Schmidt can help make the offense function again.

Jawhar will be a fantastic back somewhere. I secretly hope he doesn't sign elsewhere, likes what he sees in spring ball, and gives us another shot. I'll guess he lights it up elsewhere, though.
Agreed. I think he could be great here paired with Tucker but it doesn't sound like its meant to be. I guess its officially time to change my avatar. :-(

Agreed. I think he could be great here paired with Tucker but it doesn't sound like its meant to be. I guess its officially time to change my avatar. :-(
1615314656281.jpeg

Not so fast CbusCuse...
I wish I had inside information but I don’t. Just wishful thinking.

Eh, I don't know we had to go up the middle. We started off by running Tucker to the outside. Worked pretty well.

Not sure why we didn't ever do that with Jordan.

Eh, I don't know we had to go up the middle. We started off by running Tucker to the outside. Worked pretty well.

Not sure why we didn't ever do that with Jordan.
Seem like we didn't really run outside zone/stretch until after the first couple of games. I know they were limited with what they could run because of the lack of bodies throughout camp. I think they started running more plays after some chemistry was developed with the lineman they had available. Jordan got hurt within the first couple series of the 3rd game.

Perhaps I am not recalling correctly but some of Tucks best runs were up the middle when he first saw action. I mean that ungodly balance he displayed on that one run 38 yards for a td, where he didn’t touch the ground when he got rolled and galloped right in the endzone was a run up the middle. Now I am not saying there were not some runs wide but Tucker definitely ran with results up the middle. Maybe what we saw was the difference between a 200 pound rb and one who was 170? Maybe Tucker had better vision? Not sure. Guess I am saying I don’t recall a material change in play calls between Jordan going down and Tucker coming in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom