Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Don't love this. We need his speed in a controlled environment in this system.

C'mon, Dino...

So, I don't get all that into the football recruiting and have basically zero eye for talent at the highschool level, but... I had Jordan pegged as our next great and if that doesn't happen it's going to affect me emotionally.

I'm just putting this here because he is now following some UT staff and the UT 2/47 and rivals reporters.

One thing Jawhar has to learn sometime in his life is to be his word. If you don't learn that and be your word through your life, the respect people have for you goes away - it's like the young boy who cried WOLF once to many times. I hope that is not the case here.

He said among his words to us after committing that he was cutting off all other recruiting.

The interview below with he and Paul Edsen, Jr.:

We began this conversation talking about his commitment to the Orange and what stood out during the process:

Jawhar Jordan Jr. (@CutsOnDime):

Most definitely THE COACHES. Great, genuine people. I had a very good connection with them & they kept in contact with not only myself but also with my parents so I appreciated that attention to detail.

We brought up Jim Brown earlier and the legend of ’44’, did that affect Jawhar at all during the

recruiting process?

Yes absolutely. Going to a school with great alumni was what I was looking for. I want to carry on a legacy.

When asked what are his goals here at Syracuse, he didn’t hold back. This was the boldest claims we’ve heard from any recruit we’ve spoken with thus far.

To be the best running back to ever come out of Syracuse. I want to win the Heisman trophy. And finally I hope to bring a National Championship back to Central New York.

One thing Jawhar has to learn sometime in his life is to be his word. If you don't learn and be your word the respect people have for you goes away - it's like the young boy who cried WOLF once to many times. I hope that is not the case here.

He said among his words to us after committing that he was cutting off all other recruiting.

We began this conversation talking about his commitment to the Orange and what stood out during the process:

Most definitely THE COACHES. Great, genuine people. I had a very good connection with them & they kept in contact with not only myself but also with my parents so I appreciated that attention to detail.

We brought up Jim Brown earlier and the legend of ’44’, did that affect Jawhar at all during the

recruiting process?

Yes absolutely. Going to a school with great alumni was what I was looking for. I want to carry on a legacy.

When asked what are his goals here at Syracuse, he didn’t hold back. This was the boldest claims we’ve heard from any recruit we’ve spoken with thus far.

To be the best running back to ever come out of Syracuse. I want to win the Heisman trophy. And finally I hope to bring a National Championship back to Central New York.

It means nothing to them.

One thing Jawhar has to learn sometime in his life is to be his word. If you don't learn and be your word the respect people have for you goes away - it's like the young boy who cried WOLF once to many times. I hope that is not the case here.

recruiting process?

Stop. This is childish. The idea that the "players" in a sports system are supposed to keep their word and those above aren't under the same obligation is ridiculous. You're not suggesting those above the players shouldn't keep their words either but no media, fans, etc give team/colleges crap when they go back on their own word or commitment to a player.

It will catch up to him some day if you're right.

Please, also list all the colleges you're upset with after the final signing period who had promised a recruit a spot and then pulled it because the kid was plan B.

Isn't he an early enrollee? Thought I saw that on the stickied post. In which case he is signing tomorrow.

One thing Jawhar has to learn sometime in his life is to be his word. If you don't learn that and be your word through your life, the respect people have for you goes away - it's like the young boy who cried WOLF once to many times. I hope that is not the case here.

recruiting process?

WHOA! WHOA! Hold your horses...

I believe every commit/school needs to be true their word, as men. A man/woman's word is more important than law, for me. As far as Jordan goes, you have no idea, if he had a connection with coach Lew, and he feels part of that has been broken...(word) He has not decommitted. He has not said a peep, and not veered from his word. Texas is checking him out, as a likely plan B(probably many more). Don't indict the kid, over an article.

For me, he ties the whole O-class together. His speed will be ridiculous in the dome... He compliments the power run, the O-line, and will force the D to respect him - complementing the pass... He's a big piece. He's missing being a 5 star by 3 inches, and 40 some lbs... A 4 star by 2 inches, and 30 lbs... But he's that good, IMO. I think this is the only system that let's him be successful, early in his career. And may not bench him, for a kid, 2 inches taller.. He'll have the strength, later.

If he wants to win the Heisman, I think this system let's him win it HERE, far more, than anywhere else. . Don't put words in this kid's mouth. You could love him more than your dog, in a year or two...(OK, nearly as much as your dog)

He could be the best RB out of Syracuse in many, many, years.

Last edited:
Please, also list all the colleges you're upset with after the final signing period who had promised a recruit a spot and then pulled it because the kid was plan B.

I am not making any lists. I have not given up on Jordan and neither has SUFB. I'm just quoting what JJ said to the media and our coaches and commenting on the situation.

Imagine if you were across the desk from Dino looked him in the eye and committed to him then shook his hand. To me that's set in stone because of who DB is and the coaches are. But, maybe he's just another immature kid we want and are very impressed by how he can run and move, but have learned something important about early.

It's far from the first time this has occurred at SU. We're all going see how this plays out. I'll admit I was taken by his speed, and moves. I was also impressed with what he expressed and thought he meant what he said. Perhaps he still does mean well and many are wringing their hands needlessly. Remember though, no one is bound until they sign the LOI.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not making any lists. I have not given up on Jordan and neither has SUFB. I'm just quoting what JJ said to the media and our coaches and commenting on the situation.

Imagine if you were across the desk from Dino looked him in the eye and committed to him then shook his hand. To me that's set in stone because of who DB is and the coaches are. But, maybe he's just another immature kid we want and are very impressed by how he can run and move, but have learned something important about early.

It's far from the first time this has occurred at SU. We're all going see how this plays out. I'll admit I was taken by his speed, and moves. I was also impressed with what he expressed and thought he meant what he said. Perhaps he still does mean well and may are wringing their hands needlessly. Remember though, no one is bound until they sign the LOI.
Once again, BillSU, don't put words in this kids mouth. I get that you're worried about him. Me, too. But I'll take him at his word, for now. Don't let the past color your future. These kids google their names. This is one of the first sites that pop up. He's reading this. You're not going to guilt him into signing. You're concerned, just like me. Sounds like you want him here, as much as I do... You are equally impressed with his speed, and moves, because he's awesome. I won't give up on this kid. This system is perfect for him to be ridiculous...

The only reason I posted the Texas tweet is that there is a possibility he doesn't sign today. Whether or not that is because of an offer from Texas or academics I don't know. UT is out there making late pushes for a lot of kids. They offered a Kansas commit, who was suppose to sign today, last night. So before we start jumping all over Jawhar let's just wait and see how today plays out.

Last edited:
I don't remember seeing posts like this when Tre Allison flipped. Just sayin'...
MdtGlWzYwvS7K.gif

If a bunch of adults didn't obssess over where teenagers go to college, nobody would know who he "committed" to or whether he was going back on his "word." If he goes elsewhere, I'll be disappointed, but it will not affect my life. I'll watch this signing day play out and be happy that this is the best class we've had in a long time.