Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

One thing Jawhar has to learn sometime in his life is to be his word. If you don't learn that and be your word through your life, the respect people have for you goes away - it's like the young boy who cried WOLF once to many times. I hope that is not the case here.

He said among his words to us after committing that he was cutting off all other recruiting.

The interview below with he and Paul Edsen, Jr.:

We began this conversation talking about his commitment to the Orange and what stood out during the process:

Jawhar Jordan Jr. (@CutsOnDime):

Most definitely THE COACHES. Great, genuine people. I had a very good connection with them & they kept in contact with not only myself but also with my parents so I appreciated that attention to detail.

We brought up Jim Brown earlier and the legend of ’44’, did that affect Jawhar at all during the

recruiting process?

Yes absolutely. Going to a school with great alumni was what I was looking for. I want to carry on a legacy.

When asked what are his goals here at Syracuse, he didn’t hold back. This was the boldest claims we’ve heard from any recruit we’ve spoken with thus far.

To be the best running back to ever come out of Syracuse. I want to win the Heisman trophy. And finally I hope to bring a National Championship back to Central New York.
I'm lol'ing at this now.

I'm lol'ing at this now.

It's one of life's lesson's that some people never get.

I'm smiling now but he's still got to get his grades or test scores up. I'm sure DB and staff are and will be all over this.. He's much to valuable a commit to not receive all the attention he needs to be able to play at SU. He's the back that will complete this class and his football skills will promote future success to SUFB.

I dont see us recruiting contingency rb’s so that leads me to believe Dino’s confident in these two. That is enough for me. No, Sulahaddin was not a contingency prospect.

I much prefer the up front way this gets handled, re: academic issues. We know who has work to do and it provides schools some time to work contingencies.

It would be nice to not get amped about signing day guys only to see them never get here.

I dont see us recruiting contingency rb’s so that leads me to believe Dino’s confident in these two. That is enough for me. No, Sulahaddin was not a contingency prospect.

Sunday, December 24, 2017, Christmas Eve

These are The Final, Final Awards and Stats for Jawhar Jordan for 2017. His Touchdown Total, and recruit rank in AZ have been changed. I have also listed his All Purpose Yards for the year - enjoy. In February, hopefully, he will be ours.

Team Awards are shown below for each game in which he received Offensive or Overall player of the game, All Conference, Region and other awards follow his stats:

August 18 Offensive August 18 Overall August 25 Offensive August 25 Overall

upload_2017-12-24_14-46-54.png

September 1 Offensive September 1 Overall September 1 Overall September 8 Offensive

September 22 Offensive September 28 Offensive October 14 Offensive

October 14 Overall November 4 Offensive November 4 Overall

• ALLTOP 50 Arizona College Recruits / Ranked No.7 of the Top 50

>2017 AIA PREPS365 6A All Conference / Region 1st Team RB

>ALL- USA Arizona Performances of the week x 3 for 2017

>All State Honorable Mention (The No 1. RB had 32 Tds 2. 29 Tds 3. Jawhar 28)
  • All Purpose Yard Total - 2017

Pos - RB

R Yds – 1774
Rec – 177

KR - 183

PR – 41

TYDS - 2,175

Yds/G - 181.3

Yds/Car - 9.6

Att - 185

Lng - 91

TD - 28

Fum - 2

GP - 12

The 6A Premier League in which Jawhar played is the highest ranked league in Arizona located near Phoenix.

Jawhar is the fourth fastest high school football player in the 2018 class in the United States with a 4.37 40, .04 off 4.33 the No.1 time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it really that he needs to get his grades up or is it that hes right on schedule

Is it really that he needs to get his grades up or is it that hes right on schedule
I think if he was right on schedule the staff would have let him commit. Probably just needs to do a little more academically to qualify.

Bump. Any chatter on his status? Have we moved on? I haven’t heard anything since early signing on him specifically

Not a peep or a tweet but his twitter locator shows Long Island fwiw.

Not a peep or a tweet but his twitter locator shows Long Island fwiw.

hmmmm... why would he be back in Long Island now? He should be in school in Chandler AZ. Don't get it? Any thoughts Legacy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading the tea leaves on this one... either I'm extremely paranoid, or there's a very realistic chance that he's not going to make it to Syracuse.

Reading the tea leaves on this one... either I'm extremely paranoid, or there's a very realistic chance that he's not going to make it to Syracuse.

No official set yet to our knowledge. Staff visiting and having visit multiple other RB prospects. I think the writing is on the wall.

No official set yet to our knowledge. Staff visiting and having visit multiple other RB prospects. I think the writing is on the wall.

Can't visit unless grades are in order, right?

My thought too. Unfortunate and hope I'm wrong. Have faith that we will get talent in at the position, but would be nice to get this kid. Think he's undervalued and could explode in the Dome.

He's one of my favorite recruits this year, but grades (or other reasons) may be why there seem to be a preponderance of RB recruits on the SU radar these days. High quality ones at that. I hope that if he doesn't come to SU that they are able to grab one of the highly rated recruits that they now seem to be focusing on. There's definitely a need, in my opinion, to bring in at least one if not two running backs this cycle.

If the issue is a test score he won't be able to take the ACT again until 2/10. Maybe we just need to sit back and see what happens. Offering other RBs could still be a plan B.

Keep in mind we had 3 RB's verbaled at one point before we lost Hassan Hall. May just have a few on the radar as we have a plan to bring in 3. Hoping Jawhar Jordan's grades are good enough and he makes it here. Then we get either Salahuddin or Jarveon Howard.

Keep in mind we had 3 RB's verbaled at one point before we lost Hassan Hall. May just have a few on the radar as we have a plan to bring in 3. Hoping Jawhar Jordan's grades are good enough and he makes it here. Then we get either Salahuddin or Jarveon Howard.
My same thoughts here.