Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Going to have lots of thunder and lightning in the Dome next year. Congratulations young Mr. Jordan, now use the Spring to get yourself ready for 2019 and help keep Syracuse Football rising. Go Orange!!!

Wherever Coach wants Jordan to play will be the right place for him to play and I'm excited for this young man that he recognized what he had to do and did it and now gets to reap those rewards of his labor.

I was thinking about this, and while I keep thinking Erv 2.0, he could be Riley 2.0 too.
While Moe has grown (literally) into a pretty decent RB for us, I still think he would have been best used in the slot, like Erv and RIley.
Jawhar seems to have better top-end speed than any of these guys, so perhaps a future at PR also for him?

I'm sure Dino & crew will find the best ways to put this shiny new toy to best use.
D-coordinators nightmare fuel.
/ insert evil laugh here. :cool:

I get the feeling he got his academics together in high school a little late and therefore needed the fall to get caught up. No matter, he's done the work and now gets to play D1 ball. Good for him!

Agree and some of us figure that out late and do something about it and some do not. I hope Jawhar remembers what happens when he struggles and the tools he has to make sure he is control of his life and to not let X amount of things control him.

How many years do we have with Adams?

I believe 2; thought it was 3 but others posted that he and the kid from Michigan State (WR) who transferred in both did it after their sophomore years.

I am literally wearing a 24 hour heart monitor for evaluation of a heart rhythm disorder and this night of recruiting news and the rollercoaster ride it has been is certainly going to put things to the test!!!

I hope everything's ok, Doc.

A couple of thoughts. First is that this kid did everything possible to get here, which means he really wants to be here, and this is the type of kid we want to get here. Worked hard to keep his dream. Great job!!!
Secondly about the potential issue. So one of my sons very good friends got pulled off the team at the first practice of his supposedly football career because the NCAA clearance decided that one of the courses that the school offered was not up to par for their standards. They determined it did not meet college prep standards. Now I have to point out that kids who took this course went to Penn State, Maryland, Muhlenberg and a number of other fine schools not as athletes. When I read that he passed through NCAA clearance it made me think of this as a possible situation. Kid thought he had everything he needed, and the NCAA gods did not like a couple of the courses. I will also point out that Hamilton is one of the largest high schools, and I am sure they understand college prep. BUt it happened in a top NJ high school, sooo just sayin.

Agree and some of us figure that out late and do something about it and some do not. I hope Jawhar remembers what happens when he struggles and the tools he has to make sure he is control of his life and to not let X amount of things control him.
They have a good tutoring system...I'm sure they will keep on top of things. And sometimes kids have to learn how to study and do the work.

Wherever Coach wants Jordan to play will be the right place for him to play and I'm excited for this young man that he recognized what he had to do and did it and now gets to reap those rewards of his labor.
Kiss up

Fitzroy is another kid that doesn't show up at any prep or JUCO, that I can see. Maybe he is the same situation as Jawhar and taking on line courses and trying to qualify. I don't know.

I am doing the dance of joy. With males filling out, I wonder what his size is now.

Syracuse football recruiting: RB Jawhar Jordan cleared by NCAA, plans to enroll in January

By Stephen Bailey
sbailey@syracuse.com
syracuse.com
Updated Nov 5, 11:32 PM; Posted Nov 5, 8:55 PM

Syracuse, N.Y. -- Running back Jawhar Jordan, a Syracuse football commit from last cycle, has been cleared by the NCAA and plans to enroll in January, he said in a series of text messages.
Jordan, who played for Hamilton (Chandler, Ariz.) High School, took one online class before graduation in the summer and one class afterward. He said he's been in touch with members of the SU staff throughout the process.

"This process have been a bit stressful," Jordan said. "(I) honestly thought I'd make it through back in February. Odds were against me. It's OK though. I knew that I would do whatever I had to do to get to the greatest school in the world."

The 5-foot-11, 175-pound Jordan was rated three stars and the No. 19 all-purpose back in the Class of 2018 by 247Sports.com's composite rankings. He committed to the Orange in June 2017 over other finalists Kansas, Rutgers, Iowa State and Arizona. Other schools including Texas, UCLA, Oregon and Florida State pursued him following a senior season in which he rushed for 1,774 yards and 27 touchdowns on 185 carries (9.6 ypc), per MaxPreps.com.

Jordan, who grew up in Long Island, was a commit in the Orange's Class of 2018, but did not sign due to academic concerns stemming from his freshman year transcript. He said he only was made aware of the issue last December. Jordan becomes the 11th member of the Orange's Class of 2019 and the first running back.

Remember Jawhar? The recruit that ran a 4.37 40 and could break ankles with his cuts. I never gave up on his recruitment although knew he had an academic issue. The above makes me smile and I hope many on this board as well as everyone couldn't believe he was committed to us. He straightened things out academically and will be on campus in January to join us and the team. Couldn't be happier. This kid is a legit burner for those of you who remember the film on him. OITNF is right. Good for him and us. GOSU :)