Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

Bill you’re late to the party my friend.
Well at least I showed up finally, as did Jawhar! Didn't check the board just saw the article and had to post. Overjoyed he's going to be in our backfield. I cannot remember any back as fast and one who cuts on a dime and is an ankle breaker in recent memory. As one who covered him extensively when he was being recruited and after happy he's made the grade(s) and will be with us. 4.37 amazing! GOSU :)

looks like a more game ready vs of damien rhodes as a FR. probably a it faster too. but has that gliding style

The nice thing about having a quality depth chart with a stocked two-deep ahead of him is that this kid can come in, redshirt, learn the offensive system, and benefit from being in a collegiate S&C program without being forced onto the field before he's optimally ready.

Then, as a more experienced, stronger, bigger player he'll be ready to ascend into a more prominent role when the time comes.

The way that this coaching staff has improved the talent / athleticism on this team in such a short time is very impressive.
...Plus, if needed or desired, he can get his feet wet for 4 games without effecting his RS option.

I hope it's ok to be proud of someone you've never met because I am. It takes a lot to grit your teeth, sit out for a year, and work to qualify. He could have gone to a JUCO or prep school for a year and everyone would have understood. I cannot wait to see this kid in orange.

I hope it's ok to be proud of someone you've never met because I am. It takes a lot to grit your teeth, sit out for a year, and work to qualify. He could have gone to a JUCO or prep school for a year and everyone would have understood. I cannot wait to see this kid in orange.
Absolutely x100.
One of my biggest life lessons came as a freshman when I tanked a class and got an F. I immediately reregistered for that same class, w/ that same prof the next semester, fully committed and engaged. I ended up getting an A.
Years later, I was able to point out out to employers, and to myself as well, that good things happen when I’m focused & motivated.
Very happy for this young man!

Last edited:
...Plus, if needed or desired, he can get his feet wet for 4 games without effecting his RS option.
That won’t happen. Haven’t been here to learn any of the offense. If I’m wrong feed me crow.

Other than Chance this is the player i really wanted. He is a home run hitter a true threat to score anytime he touches the ball
Chance is amazing from highlight films. Crazy arm and crazier feet.

Hope he has put on 25lbs since those highlights, but it's nice to add anyone who can make those moves. Whew.
He's 5'll" 175 as an 18 year old. He's not going to be a bruiser. He's a quick slasher. He'll be perfectly fine at 5'11" 190-195. No need for concern. For craps sake, Rielly is tearing it up at 165 lbs, catching passes over the middle.

He isn't enrolling until January...he's talking about next season.
I know. I thought he was implying this season and playing in a bowl game. But in theory my math just sucks.

He's 5'll" 175 as an 18 year old. He's not going to be a bruiser. He's a quick slasher. He'll be perfectly fine at 5'11" 190-195. No need for concern. For craps sake, Rielly is tearing it up at 165 lbs, catching passes over the middle.

Riley. Sean Riley. His statue and name both prove less is more.

Tavon Austin was supposedly 5'9" 175 as a Frosh. Listed at 5'8" 180 now.
Anyway, you don't have to be SWOLE to be great in college as RB or WR.

That said, I'm sure Coach E and crew can put some additional solid muscle on him, if that's what he needs to be most successful.

Chance is amazing from highlight films. Crazy arm and crazier feet.
Word from some people close to practices is that Chance is a freeking stud. Inanely athletic, incredibly elusive, has a cannon, but not close to Devito in accuracy.

Riley. Sean Riley. His statue and name both prove less is more.

Tavon Austin was supposedly 5'9" 175 as a Frosh. Listed at 5'8" 180 now.
Anyway, you don't have to be SWOLE to be great in college as RB or WR.

That said, I'm sure Coach E and crew can put some additional solid muscle on him, if that's what he needs to be most successful.
The only way he wouldn't put on muscle, is if they allow him to not lift weights, and eat. That wont happen. He'll be playing around 185-90 if I had to guess.

I get the feeling he got his academics together in high school a little late and therefore needed the fall to get caught up. No matter, he's done the work and now gets to play D1 ball. Good for him!
My understanding is after reading a lot is that the problem was the NCAA did not recognize a course he took freshman year

I believe this kid is a bit faster than that kid at Clemson, Travis Etienne.
He may be. The only 100m time I could find for Etienne was a 11.18. He is probably a more natural RB though and was bigger coming out of high school. I think Clemson's backuo is actually faster than Etienne.

Is this kid as fast as Eskridge?
WMU Eskridge has clocked 4.33 40's. (freak) Mr. Jawhar Jordan has clocked multiple laser timed 4.36's. This kid is STUPID fast.

To put that in perspective. If you blinked when Eskridge crossed the finish line, you'd miss Mr. Jordan crossing it. He was the #13 all purpose back for a reason. But it's not just speed. He can break ankles going left to right. If he was 20lbs heavier, he woulda been top 5, easy.

If Jarveon Howard is Thunder(he is), this kid is Lightning. It's a freakin' perfect storm.

Happier than a pig in ****

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Rielly is probably 145 soaking wet.

WMU Eskridge has clocked 4.33 40's. (freak) Mr. Jawhar Jordan has clocked multiple laser timed 4.36's. This kid is STUPID fast.

To put that in perspective. If you blinked when Eskridge crossed the finish line, you'd miss Mr. Jordan crossing it. He was the #13 all purpose back for a reason. But it's not just speed. He can break ankles going left to right. If he was 20lbs heavier, he woulda been top 5, easy.

If Jarveon Howard is Thunder(he is), this kid is Lightning. It's a freakin' perfect storm.

View attachment 143681
Oops. When I saw Eskiridge, I thought of a different Eskridge.

My understanding is after reading a lot is that the problem was the NCAA did not recognize a course he took freshman year
Typical NCAA ... microscopic analysis of high school (and foreign) classwork but a blind eye towards mass-scale academic fraud after college matriculation.

Last edited:

View attachment 143681
It's really exciting to get this kind of speed on the offense. Burnet's a burner too although maybe not as fast as this kid. Riley's in the same mold and is proving me wrong - catching ability has finally caught up with his quickness - after I gave up on him last season (LSU game) But I think Jordan might be a more dangerous playmaker once they get him on an ACC-level weight-training program.