Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

We have a couple guys with jets ... Riley's very quick in space. N. Johnson's pretty fast and can get separation. Taj Harris has some speed and can slip past defenders. But this kid's speed is on par with some of the fastest players we've faced: Eskridge (WMU), Newsome (UNC) and Dortch (WF).
He's going to destroy teams.

We have a couple guys with jets ... Riley's very quick in space. N. Johnson's pretty fast and can get separation. Taj Harris has some speed and can slip past defenders. But this kid's speed is on par with some of the fastest players we've faced: Eskridge (WMU), Newsome (UNC) and Dortch (WF).
Agreed and I'll throw in another comparison with the Adrian Killins kid from UCF. Might be the fastest player in the country.

BTW, Jordan has nothing in common with Mike Hart other than stature. Hart's success had nothing to do with speed...quickness, maybe but definitely not speed.

Agreed and I'll throw in another comparison with the Adrian Killins kid from UCF. Might be the fastest player in the country.

BTW, Jordan has nothing in common with Mike Hart other than stature. Hart's success had nothing to do with speed...quickness, maybe but definitely not speed.

No offense, but Mike Hart displayed the shiftiness and cutting ability that I see in this kid. Yes, Mike Hart does not have the top end speed of this kid. But both of them are short guys who can find their way through holes in the middle of the line, not just trying to go off-tackle and bounce it outside to get around the ends.

Last edited:
Word from some people close to practices is that Chance is a freeking stud. Inanely athletic, incredibly elusive, has a cannon, but not close to Devito in accuracy.
And that is exactly what I've heard ... except that his accuracy is improving (even at this stage) and he's raising eyebrows playing against the 1st line D.

And that is exactly what I've heard ... except that his accuracy is improving (even at this stage) and he's raising eyebrows playing against the 1st line D.

Obviously likely a big reason why Rex went to TE

A bit surprised that Chance hasn't seen the field, even on STs in scrub time.

Create some space between him and Devito, so he can get a couple years as the next starter.

He could play the rest of the year and not burn an RS

Small potatoes to be discussing though...

Create some space between him and Devito, so he can get a couple years as the next starter.
With the redshirt assured at this point, there will be one year between Amie and Devito. By redshirting Amie they created that year of separation, otherwise Amie and Devito would have been on the same track (next year they both would have been sophomores, with Devito being a redshirt soph).

In other words, I like your optimism that Devito will be leaving early for the NFL ;)

With the redshirt assured at this point, there will be one year between Amie and Devito. By redshirting Amie they created that year of separation, otherwise Amie and Devito would have been on the same track (next year they both would have been sophomores, with Devito being a redshirt soph).

In other words, I like your optimism that Devito will be leaving early for the NFL ;)

Don't really like the Chances of him sticking around for more than another year if he is that good. Not going to sit around for 3 more years waiting for his Chance to start.

If he's as good as reported, I'm sure he'll play even while DeVito's the established starter. On paper, DeVito's made for this offense and will thrive as a pocket passer once Dino's hand-picked WR corps solidifies. But imagine having two quality QB's to game-plan for -- a high-volume passer like DeVito and an RPO guy like Amy. Good problem to have.
Who was the QB back in the P or Mac days, I think from TX, who would come in and run the option, was super fast??

Wasn't he on defense?

He played at the same time as Marvin Graves. So, despite being such an amazing option QB and being subbed in quite a bit to put pressure on the defense, he wasn't going to be able to ever really contend for a starting spot -- so he voluntarily switched himself to safety in order to get on the field.

Was the most dynamic option QB we ever had. Also had a hurdle touchdown well before it was the primary reason someone would win the Heisman.
Pretty much unstoppable in run option.

Womack and Dar Dar:

This is one of my favorite memories at the Dome. The top almost came off during this play. I remember being at Syracuse football camp the next Summer and they had this game and play running the whole time during lunch break.

This is one of my favorite memories at the Dome. The top almost came off during this play. I remember being at Syracuse football camp the next Summer and they had this game and play running the whole time during lunch break.

Awesome -- thank you!

I've always been struck by that kickoff return trick play, that as fast as Dar Dar clearly was, Qadry Ismail was even faster. Dar Dar is busting hump down the sideline, and Ismail catches up to him with his arms raised in the air -- not exactly the way to top-end your speed.

Who was SU #45 who was closing on him?