Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18 | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE 12/19/18

He looks like he’s running as fast as u would pressing fast forward. Hes not human and the video is fake.
The video definitely looks sped up a touch and does say edited. Regardless, he’s still running away from guys in stride and off hesitations and stops.

l1J9urAfGd3grKV6E.gif

Really surprised at this development but talent was never an issue with him. It's too bad his grades weren't in order this year. He brings a lot to the table on returns, in the slot and out of the backfield. Fantastic athlete and fantastic development.

Well this is a very welcome sight. Surprised that all it took was a few online classes but this is huge news.

implies grades were not the problem, but he was missing required core courses.

implies grades were not the problem, but he was missing required core courses.

Think it implies test scores weren't the problem. He very well could have flunked a core course. Generally when a kid is routed Prep it's test scores, JUCO it's courses either due to grades or just not taking the right mix (that exact scenario happened to Marquise Blair if I remember correctly - he had the test scores and graduated but lacked the correct courses).

Think it implies test scores weren't the problem. He very well could have flunked a core course. Generally when a kid is routed Prep it's test scores, JUCO it's courses either due to grades or just not taking the right mix (that exact scenario happened to Marquise Blair if I remember correctly - he had the test scores and graduated but lacked the correct courses).
He did not go prep nor did he go Juco, his core average had to be acceptable or he could not have just taken a couple of courses to become eligible, but think what you want.

Wonder if we start him at slot until he bulks up and then switch him to RB after a year. Think he's too good to not touch the ball at least 15 times a game. What was someone saying about phone booth elusiveness? This guy's got it. He's the guy we usually see other top teams have and wish we had. Moe Neal on steroids.

This means we ended up with both Jordan and Howard. That makes me very happy.

Jordan is really shifty and has a great change of direction. I really like that he's willing to cut inside, and not just always trying to take it around the end and outrun the pursuit.

And we have Adams, who I think is going to be dynamite; powerful, fast, evasive, can read a block. We should be able to run pretty well next year. I think the new experienced line coach is starting to get them to gel the past few weeks.

I saw somebody post that we were losing 3 or 4 O Line starters next year; I thought we had 3 or 4 good ones returning. Let me go check our most recent 2 deep.

It's funny. I'll admit that I was sad that Jordan couldn't sign. Regardless, his inability to sign gave way to Jarveon Howard. I thought Howard added something to our offense that we haven't had, but I still really wanted Jordan. I cannot wait to see our backfield with Howard running for two downs and Jordan running as a change of pace. It's going to be something truly special.

It's funny. I'll admit that I was sad that Jordan couldn't sign. Regardless, his inability to sign gave way to Jarveon Howard. I thought Howard added something to our offense that we haven't had, but I still really wanted Jordan. I cannot wait to see our backfield with Howard running for two downs and Jordan running as a change of pace. It's going to be something truly special.

I think Adams is going to be our featured back, followed by Jordan and then Howard. Might take a little time with some seniors ahead of them, but I think these are our 3 backs Devito's 2nd year.

He did not go prep nor did he go Juco, his core average had to be acceptable or he could not have just taken a couple of courses to become eligible, but think what you want.

You can take up to 1 core course at Prep, if you're missing more than that you have to go JUCO. That's why Prep is generally test scores.

If he took two online courses, that to me would indicate he was either missing a core course, flunked a core course and was retaking it (you can have above a 2.0 gpa in core courses and still flunk one) or he was taking two classes he was missing/flunked that weren't core but were requirements for him to graduate.

With how slowly the NCAA moves, he was never going to get through the clearing house in time for this season, so effectively what he did had the same effect as spending a semester at Prep.

Last edited:
I think Adams is going to be our featured back, followed by Jordan and then Howard. Might take a little time with some seniors ahead of them, but I think these are our 3 backs Devito's 2nd year.
How many years do we have with Adams?

From the article:

"I had to delete my social media to stay focused, but I did see all the comments from the Syracuse fan base... bad and good," Jordan said. "It's OK because they kept me motivated. I worked so hard to get to this point. To make it up to the fans I will give them something they've never seen before on that field."

Anyone who thinks these kids don't read what is said about them is kidding themselves.

Anyone who post a negative word about a kid on social media is a special kind of dumb. I don’t care if he decommits from us a dozen times and picks Rudgers.

Other than Chance this is the player i really wanted. He is a home run hitter a true threat to score anytime he touches the ball