Class of 2025 - RB Malachi Coleman (VA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/3/24) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 RB Malachi Coleman (VA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (4/3/24)

Offers from Cornell, Bucknell, Georgetown, Colgate, Dartmouth, Air force, Syracuse
I reached out to the recruiting staff about this kid. Out of curiosity about the current state of the team, I just happened to google my old HS football team in Virginia (William Fleming) and stumbled across some highlights of this very talented Junior RB named Malachi Coleman.

I live in NY now so I don't know the kid or have any connections to the school. But I linked Malachi's HUDL highlights in an email and sent to them to the staff. They never replied so I obviously can't say whether they even read the email. But regardless, I'm sure glad they offered the kid. He can flat out fly - there are literally clips on his reel where he's moving so fast, he looks like a blur. Hope we can reel the young man in - D1 size, great grades, super fast; seems like a fit to me.

Last edited:
I reached out to the recruiting staff about this kid. Out of curiosity about the current state of the team, I just happened to google my old HS football team in Virginia (William Fleming) and stumbled across some highlights of this very talented Junior RB named Malachi Coleman.

I live in NY now so I don't know the kid or have any connections to the school. But I linked Malachi's HUDL highlights in an email and sent to them to the staff. They never replied so I obviously can't say whether they even read the email. But regardless, I'm sure glad they offered the kid. He can flat out fly - there are literally clips on his reel where he's moving so fast, he looks like a blur. Hope we can reel the young man in - D1 size, great grades, super fast; seems like a fit to me.
It would appear extremely likely you are the reason we offered.

Well done!

That's a like and thank you!!

Well done!
Thanks. I remember when I was in school down there, that part of the state (SW Virginia) wasn't heavily recruited - only Marshall, Pitt, West Virginia and Va. Tech regularly recruited the area back then.

So when I stumbled across Coleman's amazing highlights, and then did the research and saw that his only offers were from ODU & a few Ivies/Academies, I just figured I'd do my "good deed for the day" and reach out to the staff on the young man's behalf. Don't know if they ever read what I sent but if they did and it helped then hey, I'm just thankful for young Mr. Coleman to be given an opportunity and hopefully he ends up Orange!

Well done!
OFFERED> MALACHI COLEMAN 2025 FLEMING HS, ROANOKE, VA
# 3 5' 11" 180 / 4.43 40/ 4.03 SH/ BP 235/ 1ST TEAM ALL REGION/ 1ST TEAM ALL STATE/ 222 CARRIES 1787 YDS/ 16 TDS
images (71).jpg

UPDATED 3/14/2024

THE IMPORTANCE OFTHE 40 YARD DASH

It is primarily run to evaluate the speed and acceleration of American football players by coaches and scouts particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiate recruiting. A player's recorded time for every position can have a heavy impact on his prospects in college or professional football.

OK = 5.0 - 5.99

OK! = 4.9 - 4.99

FAIR = 4.8 - 4.89

GOOD = 4.7 - 4.79

FAST = 4.6 - 4.69

FAST! = 4.5 - 4.59

>>>>VERY FAST<<<< = 4.4 - 4.49 > WHERE EVERY RB, WR, AND ALL DB’S WANT THEIR TIME TO BE AT A GAME TIME OR AT THE COMBINE

ELITE = 4.0 - 4.39 > TRANSFER ZEED HAYNES 4.39 IS HERE NOW, MALACHI JAMES 4.39, IS A FEB. SIGNEE< MARCELLUS BARNES 4.39 IS A DEC SIGNEE

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

O
VERY FAST /VERY QUICK
EXCELLENT JUKES/'FAKES
GREAT STIFF ARMS (RARELY NEEDED)
THROUGH LOS AND AT FULL SPEED ONCE PAST DL'S NO ONE CATCHES HIM UNLESS A SAFETY HAS A GREAT ANGLE
HURDLES DB'S
LOOKS FASTER THAN A 4.4 IN FILM

NOTE: THERE IS A RB WITH THE SAME NAME COMMITTED TO NEBRASKA WHO RUNS A 4.28.
IF YOU ASK GOOGLE, HOW FAST DOES MALACHI COLEMAN RUN THE 40 THE WRONG PLAYER COMES UP. ALL STATS ARE FROM HUDL AND EVEN HUDL HAS HIM WITH A VJ OF 10?! MOST ALL OF THE RATINGS SITES EITHER DON'T HAVE ENOUGH INFO, OR WHAT THEY DO HAVE CAN BE INCORRECT. I ALWAYS CHECK WITH MILESPLIT UNITED STATES, A TRACK SITE, WHO IF THE ATHLETE IS FAST WILL HAVE HIS TIME AND PR FOR EACH EVENT.

D
EXCELLENT TACKLING SKILLS
HIGH FBIQ
ANTICIPATES PLAY READING QB'S EYES - IN B'FLD SACKING QB DESTOYING PLAY

GREAT BACK > EXCELLENT OFFER

OFFERED> MALACHI COLEMAN 2025 FLEMING HS, ROANOKE, VA
# 3 5' 11" 180 / 4.43 40/ 4.03 SH/ BP 235/ 1ST TEAM ALL REGION/ 1ST TEAM ALL STATE/ 222 CARRIES 1787 YDS/ 16 TDS
View attachment 239040

UPDATED 3/14/2024

THE IMPORTANCE OFTHE 40 YARD DASH

It is primarily run to evaluate the speed and acceleration of American football players by coaches and scouts particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiate recruiting. A player's recorded time for every position can have a heavy impact on his prospects in college or professional football.

OK = 5.0 - 5.99

OK! = 4.9 - 4.99

FAIR = 4.8 - 4.89

GOOD = 4.7 - 4.79

FAST = 4.6 - 4.69

FAST! = 4.5 - 4.59

>>>>VERY FAST<<<< = 4.4 - 4.49 > WHERE EVERY RB, WR, AND ALL DB’S WANT THEIR TIME TO BE AT A GAME TIME OR AT THE COMBINE

ELITE = 4.0 - 4.39 > TRANSFER ZEED HAYNES 4.39 IS HERE NOW, MALACHI JAMES 4.39, IS A FEB. SIGNEE< MARCELLUS BARNES 4.39 IS A DEC SIGNEE

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

O
VERY FAST /VERY QUICK
EXCELLENT JUKES/'FAKES
GREAT STIFF ARMS (RARELY NEEDED)
THROUGH LOS AND AT FULL SPEED ONCE PAST DL'S NO ONE CATCHES HIM UNLESS A SAFETY HAS A GREAT ANGLE
HURDLES DB'S
LOOKS FASTER THAN A 4.4 IN FILM

NOTE: THERE IS A RB WITH THE SAME NAME COMMITTED TO NEBRASKA WHO RUNS A 4.28.
IF YOU ASK GOOGLE, HOW FAST DOES MALACHI COLEMAN RUN THE 40 THE WRONG PLAYER COMES UP. ALL STATS ARE FROM HUDL AND EVEN HUDL HAS HIM WITH A VJ OF 10?! MOST ALL OF THE RATINGS SITES EITHER DON'T HAVE ENOUGH INFO, OR WHAT THEY DO HAVE CAN BE INCORRECT. I ALWAYS CHECK WITH MILESPLIT UNITED STATES, A TRACK SITE, WHO IF THE ATHLETE IS FAST WILL HAVE HIS TIME AND PR FOR EACH EVENT.

D
EXCELLENT TACKLING SKILLS
HIGH FBIQ
ANTICIPATES PLAY READING QB'S EYES - IN B'FLD SACKING QB DESTOYING PLAY

GREAT BACK > EXCELLENT OFFER
Thanks Bill for your continuing efforts to keep up with the analysis of these fine recruits. Well done. Always look forward to your insights.

Oh baby, how sweet it is. SPEED doesn't kill, it gets you a scholly from HC Fran Brown @ SU. Go Orange

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom