Ready to Roll | Syracusefan.com

Ready to Roll

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
This post may not interest most, but I'd like some of us to jump in if you want to talk about your GameDay experience up on the Hill.

For the first time this season, due to friggin weddings, I'll be able to enjoy my new season tickets. I've made a habit of switching my seats periodically all over the dome. This year, compliments go to TexanMark, for providing me with my preferred high corner seating.

There is absolutely nothing like the Hill on a crisp Fall morning, early afternoon for tailgating. I've been to stadiums all up and down the East Coast and Syracuse is just "home". I've got a strong affection for all parts of the game day process. There is a lot to do and the process is even better amongst friends.

When I was 8 to I don't know 17 or 18 we tailgates at the Church (or temple maybe?) that is now University Ave Garage. We've now been going to the Crouse Garage for the better part of the last decade. Wether it's just my wife and I, whom surprisingly tailgated in the same lot as a child, or a raucous group of friends, there's always a strong contingent of Canastota faithful 40-50 strong on the Hill.

Growing up it was our routine, you went up their on Saturdays. It's something I will surely pass onto my children. Wether it's the "Repent Now" megaphone guy, the gentleman always playing guitar on the way into the dome, McNabb's favorite usher or the can collector's, they all have a place in the GameDay Atmospher.

Tulane or Texas, if Syracuse Football's in the Dome, so are we.

well said, agree 100%, unfortunately Clemson will be the first game I am able to attend but really looking forward to it, I always look forward to driving up Saturday mornings, catching up with some buddies at 9:30-10 am or so over a few cocktails/ beers. Really fun as our kids are all old enough to enjoy it now.

well said, agree 100%, unfortunately Clemson will be the first game I am able to attend but really looking forward to it, I always look forward to driving up Saturday mornings, catching up with some buddies at 9:30-10 am or so over a few cocktails/ beers. Really fun as our kids are all old enough to enjoy it now.

As for the kids...the cocktails or the game?

We always bounced around post game but the past few years settled on what was Lucy's. do you guys have a favorite post-game hangout?

Any recommendations where to eat Saturday night?

Any recommendations where to eat Saturday night?

If you're hanging out on the hill, we don't usually eat up there unless its a slice of pizza. If you head down to Armory Square we're big fans of both Empire Brewery and Syracuse Suds. Obviously Dinosaur rocks but its tough to get a seat on a Saturday Night.

If you're hanging out on the hill, we don't usually eat up there unless its a slice of pizza. If you head down to Armory Square we're big fans of both Empire Brewery and Syracuse Suds. Obviously Dinosaur rocks but its tough to get a seat on a Saturday Night.
Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom