Realistic Expectations | Syracusefan.com

Realistic Expectations

JDubbin

The ONLY Syracuse Sneakers Avatar Guy
Seriously, today sucked... we all know that Syracuse got RUN, and we need to field a competitive team. However, the calling for Shafer and others to be replaced already seems a little premature. I want to ask, what are legitimate realistic expectations for the team this season? Having realistic expectations, with all things weighed, can make a huge difference for the fan base when it is all said and done. Did anyone think we were going to knock out 8 or 9 wins this year? I hope not. What happens if we finish 7-5 this year, instead of being caught up in the moment like today, would that be a success? I think it would be. I think even 6-6 is a fair and realistic goal, which is certainly attainable for the team. We talk as if Marrone & Co. was some golden era or something... we had 5 losses last year, and had two last second wins at South Freaking Florida and Mizzou. I know the frustration may be more about the way we have played and lost this year, but in the end it's all about wins and losses, right? Let's see what happens first.

Not calling YET. But we can't afford 3 years of this. Or we will be another duke in the ACC

Realistic expectations was not to have 56 points slapped on us with nothing to counter with. Ugh!

The calling for coaches heads isn't just about the losses. It's more about questionable decisions. Why not get our fastest playmaker the ball on returns? If he hasn't learned the offense yet, put him in position to have an impact. Having the offense down by game 12 does no good.

I'm getting on board with the ax Bullough camp because our defense looks completely unprepared far too often.

I'll give McDonald a little more leash because he doesn't have many toys to play with yet, but, so far, he hasn't shown that he's good at finding ways to use the toys he does have.

6-6 is still a realistic expectation.

Seriously, today sucked... we all know that Syracuse got RUN, and we need to field a competitive team. However, the calling for Shafer and others to be replaced already seems a little premature. I want to ask, what are legitimate realistic expectations for the team this season? Having realistic expectations, with all things weighed, can make a huge difference for the fan base when it is all said and done. Did anyone think we were going to knock out 8 or 9 wins this year? I hope not. What happens if we finish 7-5 this year, instead of being caught up in the moment like today, would that be a success? I think it would be. I think even 6-6 is a fair and realistic goal, which is certainly attainable for the team. We talk as if Marrone & Co. was some golden era or something... we had 5 losses last year, and had two last second wins at South Freaking Florida and Mizzou. I know the frustration may be more about the way we have played and lost this year, but in the end it's all about wins and losses, right? Let's see what happens first.

I don't think many here were calling for 9 or 10 wins. Many were hoping just to get to 6 and a bowl game. I think that's more then realistic. For what Marrone walked into is why he is so highly thought of. There is talent on this team, well at least on the defense. I think it's more the way we have been losing. 56-0 is totally unacceptable. Same with NW, and Clemson they were over by mid 1st quarter. It's not being competitive is what is worrying a lot of people. For having little talent Marrone's teams barely got blown out, or at very worst never looked unprepared like we have 3 times so far this season.

And as for the close wins last year, we also out gained everyone on our schedule, so you can realistially say we should have won 10 games.

I am still hoping for 6 wins, which can be attainable, but our coaches have to put the kids in a position to have a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom