Reality Check Time | Syracusefan.com

Reality Check Time

OrangeMuskyFish

Starter
I really can't believe what I am seeing around here folks. In Marrone's first year he made us a competitive team. In his second, we made a quantum leap to bowl winners. And now, we are 2-0, and in both games our defense and offense continued to show an ability to make things happen when it really counted. Are we where we want to be? Well, I guess that depends on perspective. At this current point in time, I look around the room and at all the complaining, and I say no. But if two years ago you proposed that we would be in this position, e-v-e-r-y... s-i-n-g-l-e... o-n-e... of you would take it. Now, I am not saying that everything has to be seen through orange-colored glasses, and I would also never say something as ridiculous as "if you aren't going to be supportive, then why come here or be a fan?" I think what I am saying however, is that in the end, this is about entertainment and supporting your own. These kids and coaches are busting their tails, and in my humble opinion, I think it's sick that we are focusing on the negatives of being 2-0 rather than that fact we play a top-25 caliber program in 5 days, 6 hours, and 20 minutes. While there is certainly room for constructive criticism, seeing hardcore fans give up on the team when they are less than a week away from a possible program-changing victory, to me, is no better than the medium-moderate fans that walked out before the 4th quarter on Thursday night. We still have lumps to take along the way, but we are heading in the right direction, and at a rather strong pace. So what worries me more than our performance on the field, is the fact that many of our so-called "fans" are starting to look like the type of people who want to b!tch their way to a championship... you know the type. The kind where nothing is ever good enough and the product never exciting enough until we finally reach the top of the mountain, at which point they look fondly back at the roller coaster ride and say "I've been here since the beginning."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom