Recruiting 2023-2025 | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2023-2025

No, he meant Alexa Spallina -

IMG_7991.gif

The English family certainly puts a high emphasis on academics.

So they’ll have sons playing at SU, UNC, & Hop next year & potentially the following year if Sam decides to take his 6th year hear. Then, come the ‘26 season, it’s possibly UNC, Hop, & Brown.

There’s going to be at least 3 games this coming season pitting 2 brothers against each other & that’s not even counting potential ACC/NCAA tourney matchups.
those english boys do their own thing. they do not seem to care much about playing on the same teams in college. that being said, hop flipped brooks from brown so its possible they try to do the same with sawyer, who is basically a clone of brooks

ty will be gone in '26 so it'll just be brooks and sawyer then. ty's a junior year now meaning will graduate in '25 unless he gets hurt and redshirts

Winning a title & having your top 10 football team show up at halftime vs. Duke on national TV in football pants/no shirts to cheer you on will have that effect.

I know quite a few of ND alums & they’ve all raved about the athletics culture on campus & how all athletes, male & female, support one another. I’ve been hearing these stories since the mid-‘90s
Gross. I loathe that University

Does ND have 50 kids committed already??? My goodness
Recruiting results are similar to a sales job. The manager does not need to check up on his/her salespeople too often - the end of the month numbers, will tell the manager who has been working.
This 2025 recruiting class at SU, is shaping up to show work was not done. The competition is Duke, ND, UNC, UVA - SU coaches will need to work 10x the effort of those staffs, to catch them. Again, what is the structure and roles of the staff when it comes to recruiting? Is Gary going to put the time in out on the trail?

Recruiting results are similar to a sales job. The manager does not need to check up on his/her salespeople too often - the end of the month numbers, will tell the manager who has been working.
This 2025 recruiting class at SU, is shaping up to show work was not done. The competition is Duke, ND, UNC, UVA - SU coaches will need to work 10x the effort of those staffs, to catch them. Again, what is the structure and roles of the staff when it comes to recruiting? Is Gary going to put the time in out on the trail?
Honestly it may come down to education standards. Getting recruited by both Cuse and Dame...Dame takes the edge from an education standpoint. Unfortunately, lacrosse will not always pay the bills and parents are certainly aware of that notion. Thus pushing their kids to pick the school with the best academic programs. Cuse does have some great areas of study and alumni connections but its hard to pass down an offer from Dame etc.

Not too many of the really top players for Notre Dame. Of course the top 5 recruits haven't committed yet. So a lot of very good players for ND, but all the top teams will have a lot of very good players - they will just be split over several years.

-It is also considered a somewhat weak recruiting year.

-The recruit rankings will fluctuate over the next two years. Even when we get to the Freshman rankings two years from now, which recruits really pan out is still a bit of a question mark

-North Carolina had a big class in 2021, with 8 UA AAs. It hasn't done much for them yet.

-It is also considered a somewhat weak recruiting year.
I asked this elsewhere but didn’t get an answer. Is it considered weak because the top players aren’t as good as other years? Or because there are fewer of those elite players? Or both?

I asked this elsewhere but didn’t get an answer. Is it considered weak because the top players aren’t as good as other years? Or because there are fewer of those elite players? Or both?

I believe it's a combo of both, the class is not considered strong especially at attack and the upper echelon is not considered as good as the last 2-3 classes.

i actually think this class' group of 5 stars is better than last years, but both are way down from the 23s

Just from a numbers perspective, here is where things stand -

IL has 146 four or five star players ranked. As of now, a total of 64 are Uncommitted. Of those, just 16 are Top 50 players. Nine of those are five star players (including the top 5). So that leaves 55 four star players that are Uncommitted, 48 that fall outside the Top 50.

Right now it seems like the top producing teams, Notre Dame, Duke, UVA, UNC, Princeton, Cornell, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and Navy have between 5-9 recruits already. What's interesting about recruiting trends is that most of the top teams typically get roughly 8 players that are ranked a four or five star player. Of course there are huge variations - getting say, 8 players ranked in the Top 50 looks better than 8 players who are "just" four stars. But it's striking to look at classes and see that is where the typical threshold is. Syracuse had 8 players ranked four or five stars in the 2023 class, and had seven in 2024.

So where does that leave Syracuse right now? Perhaps right now they might have some resources to throw at other players who haven't made up their minds yet? Whether that be scholarship money or playing time, they certainly have the space. Trying to look on the bright side of things at least. Maryland, Denver and Hopkins seem to be the other teams in SU's wheelhouse that have fewer than five commits. I'm guessing those teams will be extra motivated as well.

64 players seems like a lot, but there will be stiff competition for them from a number of teams. And it's not like the teams that are recruiting well are going to necessarily stop. Cuse can still have a very good class, but they need to start locking kids down, sooner rather than later.

So where does that leave Syracuse right now? Perhaps right now they might have some resources to throw at other players who haven't made up their minds yet? Whether that be scholarship money or playing time, they certainly have the space. Trying to look on the bright side of things at least. Maryland, Denver and Hopkins seem to be the other teams in SU's wheelhouse that have fewer than five commits. I'm guessing those teams will be extra motivated as well.
maryland is about to explode, FYI. they will add multiple more top 50 players

hop is in play for one of the remaining 5 star attackmen. it looks 50/50

denver is cooked

maryland is about to explode, FYI. they will add multiple more top 50 players

hop is in play for one of the remaining 5 star attackmen. it looks 50/50

denver is cooked
Sounds like Cuse is too, then. Cooked, I mean.

Sounds like Cuse is too, then. Cooked, I mean.
if denver couldnt get the nolting brother then im not sure what theyre still doing here to be honest

cuse will prob get one or two more top 50 guys but its not going to be a mindblowing class on paper, no

if denver couldnt get the nolting brother then im not sure what theyre still doing here to be honest

cuse will prob get one or two more top 50 guys but its not going to be a mindblowing class on paper, no
They’ll just have to win a natty or two in the next couple years.