Recruiting 2023-2025 | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2023-2025

Any thoughts on where #1 Brendan Millon or #2 Gary Merrill are going to verbally commit to.

Any thoughts on where #1 Brendan Millon or #2 Gary Merrill are going to verbally commit to.
Virginia has been pretty quiet so far, have to think they are in the running for either or both.

UVA landing both wouldn't surprise me. Millon seems like a lock for UVA to be honest.
I've heard it isnt all rainbows and sugar plumbs at UVA with the older one. Coaching staff already frustrated with the constant phone calls from Papa Millon

I've heard it isnt all rainbows and sugar plumbs at UVA with the older one. Coaching staff already frustrated with the constant phone calls from Papa Millon
cant tell if you're joking or not but for the record this isnt true

ortlieb is going to duke, just heard

I guess that is 3 of the top 11 to Duke.
If Duke were to get Merrill, it might look like Duke had the top class.

I suppose they are in the mix for Hopper as well. Virginia and UNC both have LSMs in the top 50 committed already. Notre Dame? Georgetown? Part of Maryland’s big push?

Hopper also could stay closer to home with Hopkins.
High school LSMs can often switch to being close defensemen in college, so I don't know that I would count UVa out - especially with their having just 5 recruits so far.

For those following such things, Terry posts updates whenever a big recruit verbals. Zach80 might be onto something if Duke can land Merrill.

nobodys going to be shocked if he ends up at duke but my understanding is uva or nd is more likely. maybe unc

nobodys going to be shocked if he ends up at duke but my understanding is uva or nd is more likely. maybe unc
Is Cuse in play for any other big names?

Bottom line - SU competes directly with UNC, Duke, UVA, ND - and we are getting crushed in the recruiting game now. Crushed. Need a much more coordinated effort here. Transfers moving forward will be a small factor. 90% of that stiff eas linked to covid years.

I'm not worried. You can only put 11 players out there at a time. We'll be strong 1-20ish. We may lack some of depth of our rivals.

Bottom line - SU competes directly with UNC, Duke, UVA, ND - and we are getting crushed in the recruiting game now. Crushed. Need a much more coordinated effort here. Transfers moving forward will be a small factor. 90% of that stiff eas linked to covid years.
Agreed. We appear to be getting toasted on the trail.

It’s one thing for the football team to have mediocre to bad recruiting classes. The SEC and B1G pull in all the studs, but that’s fine cause Cuse doesn’t play those teams all that much. Still on a level playing field largely due to the portal and our player development in football.

But in lax, this team simply can’t afford to have mediocre recruiting classes. They play against all these teams ahead of them sometimes twice a year. Gait was pretty well regarded as a recruiter for the women’s team but idk I’m not seeing that translate.

11?
Christopher Guest These Go To Eleven GIF by Maudit

Agreed. We appear to be getting toasted on the trail.

It’s one thing for the football team to have mediocre to bad recruiting classes. The SEC and B1G pull in all the studs, but that’s fine cause Cuse doesn’t play those teams all that much. Still on a level playing field largely due to the portal and our player development in football.

But in lax, this team simply can’t afford to have mediocre recruiting classes. They play against all these teams ahead of them sometimes twice a year. Gait was pretty well regarded as a recruiter for the women’s team but idk I’m not seeing that translate.
what do you want them to do. there are certain intangibles that make other schools more appealing to recruits unless cuse has a specific program (newhouse) you're interested in. but location, weather, cost, academics...uva unc duke win that 9 times out of 10. the advantage cuse has is history and tradition but it's going to take winning again to remind kids of that. compared to 75% of teams cuse still recruits at a high level but the only comparison that really matters is to the rest of the acc

I'm not worried. You can only put 11 players out there at a time. We'll be strong 1-20ish. We may lack some of depth of our rivals.
It is this type of thinking, that has ND tattooing us every game. Need top talent. 24 deep.