Recruiting higher rated kids. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting higher rated kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In your post you typed gbo. If you type @ and then gbo, or any other poster name, it will send them an alert to read the post.

If I type @ and then your name it will send you an alert about this post. shu 49

I seam to hear a lot on this about us never recruiting as good as major stud schools. Why can’t we. Yeah it’s cold but so what. I get maybe we can’t get 5 star kids every year but can’t we be close. Why not us. Once we they see we can put kids in nfl they will come. I have seen Dino and coaches offer kids with non p-5/offers and 2 years later they get the big offers. Well after this and next year we will be one of the big offers. Honestly I hear people say Clemson is so loaded and they are but it’s not a level we can’t get too. We can follow their path. In fact it looks a lot like Gbo s track record at Clemson. We can get the studs. We are doing well now but wait till we have 5 Trills and Cisco s .

I am not sure how you guys are going this year in rescruting, but I would be shocked if higher rated kids don’t start signing with Cuse. I see the Orange as up and coming for sure...Dino has a really fun offense and the team plays hard in the Dome.

I am a Miami fan and I’ll give my honest take from someone on the outside looking in...as far as some negative perceptions. Not trying to troll you guys at all...in fact, I hope Cuse keeps beating FSU every year.

The Dome...I believe its scheduled for renovations and they are needed...looks old, and dirty on TV. To be frank, the Dome looks like a dump. Attendance, not sure what the problem is but fans should fill the stadium. Performance on the road...the team plays great at home but poorly on the road and that has to change.

Update the uniforms...current ones look dated.

I am not sure how you guys are going this year in rescruting, but I would be shocked if higher rated kids don’t start signing with Cuse. I see the Orange as up and coming for sure...Dino has a really fun offense and the team plays hard in the Dome.

I am a Miami fan and I’ll give my honest take from someone on the outside looking in...as far as some negative perceptions. Not trying to troll you guys at all...in fact, I hope Cuse keeps beating FSU every year.

The Dome...I believe its scheduled for renovations and they are needed...looks old, and dirty on TV. To be frank, the Dome looks like a dump. Attendance, not sure what the problem is but fans should fill the stadium. Performance on the road...the team plays great at home but poorly on the road and that has to change.

With regard to the uniforms. Do you think a big fat gold chain might help modernize them at all? And if so, any suggestion on where we might find one?

I like and appreciate your words. Sometimes things are said but are true and sometimes the truth hurts. You definitely hit some points that are true. It doesn't hurt to have a outsider looking in and giving friendly info. Welcome aboard and looking forward into kicking Miami U. butt in 2024. :)

Let's not kid ourselves here. Stars do matter. Yes, there are some misses. But guys with the pedigrees generally earned them. We can bang our chests when be take 3-4 NORTHERN recruits from PSU. Ohio St. ND, etc. Again, I said NORTHERN recruits. I haven't seen that yet. We are taking second tier southern recruits. I'm not saying they can't be great players, BUT when we control our own backyard first, then I will say we are recruiting at a real good level.
How many "4/5 stars" from NY have made the NFL? How many "2/3 star" kids from NY have made the NFL?

Star rankings don't mean anything, especially in the north. The competition cannot be compared across the country. Stars don't matter, offers do.

We are never going to be a top 25 team annually in the recruiting rankings.
Just because the local talent isn’t high as the South or PA/NJ.
However look at Baylor they didn’t start 4 star kids till they started winning.
We start winning consistently we will get those skill position athletes interested in the system.
Dino knows what he is doing we have an adult in charge.

Dino is systematically shutting down ways to negatively recruit against us.

Don't go there, they don't win. We do now.

Don't go there, nobody gets recognized. Our All-Americans show that's not true.

Don't go there, they play in an empty stadium. That's changing this season.

Don't go there, the coach is on the move. Dino has his extension.

Don't go there, they don't put anybody in the NFL... that's the one where we have work to do.

We are very close to encountering a different kind of negative recruiting.

Don't go there, there are too many guys in front of you.

Don't go there, sure they win and you can put up stats, but a gimmick like that won't get you as ready for the NFL as we can.

It's going to get a lot more fun.

how about don't go there, its cold. what does he do, turns it into a positive. he isn't even from here and takes pride in our snow. not a bad life lesson to be learned there.

Just because the local talent isn’t high as the South or PA/NJ.
However look at Baylor they didn’t start 4 star kids till they started winning.
We start winning consistently we will get those skill position athletes interested in the system.
Dino knows what he is doing we have an adult in charge.

I don’t know if we’ll never be a top 25 recruiting program. We have in the past as late as the mid 90’s. It’s not unheard of.

I do think the point about 4 stars from the Northeast is valid though because generally the kids targeted by the factories are the ones from the area that are the most physically developed, but due to the fact that the Northeast doesn’t ball year round like the South there are plenty of kids that are 2-3 star types that have higher ceilings and turn out to be better college players/pros. Plus you generally don’t have as much focus nationwide on recruiting the Northeast vs other more saturated regions.

The star thread... again. Stars are awarded by recruiting services what you should be looking at are the offers.

if you get 3-stars with athleticism you can scheme to compete. we have way more athletes now so mistakes matter more as we can make plays to stay in games. a pretty simple mistake cost as the Clemson game, something you wouldnt have dreams 4-5 yrs ago.

Even in the McNabb era, we were mostly 3's, some 4's, and a rare 5 sprinkled in (at least based on my recollection). That would likely get is into the top 25-30 or so and, if they are the right players, and are recruited appropriately for the system, can take us far. I'll take a composite 3.8 class that perfectly fits the system over a 4.2 that is all studs with no role.

I think we will get there

Never is a long time. If we keep winning we will. This notion that we only recruit with the sisters of the poor forever is quite misleading and disheartening.

How many "4/5 stars" from NY have made the NFL? How many "2/3 star" kids from NY have made the NFL?

Star rankings don't mean anything, especially in the north. The competition cannot be compared across the country. Stars don't matter, offers do.
All the scouting combines and scouting means nothing???? I think you're dismissing a lot of people's livelihoods with the sweeping statement that stars don't matter. Then, I suggest you start a "Northern" scouting service and sell your expertise to D1 schools like Clemson, Alabama and Ohio St. that are missing all these "gem" recruits that everyone is undervaluing or mis-evaluating.

As far as recruits from NY, I never referenced only NY. I specifically said LOADED "Northern"; to include: NJ, PA, OH and NY.

Ok, I don't have the answer on your NY question. Tell me how many from each category are in the NFL.

A point in all this is Max Prep used to (80s and 90s) rank preps by region as well as nationally. I'm sure some form of that still exists and is valued for it's "star" rankings.

Last edited:
All the scouting combines and scouting means nothing???? I think you're dismissing a lot of people's livelihoods with the sweeping statement that stars don't matter. Then, I suggest you start a "Northern" scouting service and sell your expertise to D1 schools like Clemson, Alabama and Ohio St. that are missing all these "gem" recruits that everyone is undervaluing or mis-evaluating.

As far as recruits from NY, I never referenced only NY. I specifically said "Northern"; to include: NJ, PA, OH and NY.

Ok, I don't have the answer on your NY question. Tell me how many from each category are in the NFL.

A point in all this is Max Prep used to (80s and 90s) rank preps by region as well as nationally. I'm sure some form of that still exists and is valued for it's "star" rankings.
I am pretty sure, because I have seen their tweets, that the coaches would tell you and all prospects not to waste their time and money on scouting combines where coaches who can offer them a scholarship are not present. Our coaches would prefer to evaluate prospects themselves and have them attend their camps.

Your post is going to get rocked by some posters here but I appreciate the genuine take. The dome will be a different animal this year now that we have a culture and program everyone can rally around again.

As far as recruits from NY, I never referenced only NY. I specifically said "Northern"; to include: NJ, PA, OH and NY.

To be fair, the recruiting landscape in NY/PA/NE/Canada is SIGNIFICANTLY different than bama, ohio, georgia and florida. Im sure those states the star ratings are fairly spot on.

That being said I’m sure if bama could go back and get their hands on Chandler and Arthur Jones, or Dwight Freeney they would.

To be fair, the recruiting landscape in NY/PA/NE/Canada is SIGNIFICANTLY different than bama, ohio, georgia and florida. Im sure those states the star ratings are fairly spot on.

That being said I’m sure if bama could go back and get their hands on Chandler and Arthur Jones, or Dwight Freeney they would.
Lotta noise and bashing...Tell me how these "northern recruits" ( NJ. NY, PA OH) are being undervalued and how we are getting them on our roster!!!!

I'm sure Bama was fine with whatever DL talent they had winning their 5 national championships over the last 10 or so years.

I am pretty sure, because I have seen their tweets, that the coaches would tell you and all prospects not to waste their time and money on scouting combines where coaches who can offer them a scholarship are not present. Our coaches would prefer to evaluate prospects themselves and have them attend their camps.
100)% it depends on who they are competing against! in camps, combines, etc. !!

I'm sure Bama was fine with whatever DL talent they had winning their 5 national championships over the last 10 or so years.
Different times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors