Recruiting Mavens - Will the Texas Bowl help us with anyone this year? | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Mavens - Will the Texas Bowl help us with anyone this year?

Crusty

Living Legend
Just thinking that with a freshman and a sophomore being the stars it might help us with kids eyeing early playing time. Or, maybe some Florida kids that know Estime.

Winning Bowl games always help. To what degree it probably depends on each recruit's individual situation.
No one is simply going to commit based on the win in one bowl game. Its one point in a larger picture.

Probably not, but it's a nice addition to the recruiting pitch, and another shiney trophy in our case

Winning Bowl games always help. To what degree it probably depends on each recruit's individual situation.
No one is simply going to commit based on the win in one bowl game. Its one point in a larger picture.

A recruit did want to call and commit right after the bowl game, a good one, his coach told him hold off. Not saying the bowl game was the reason, but, it was the tipping point for him.

A recruit did want to call and commit right after the bowl game, a good one, his coach told him hold off. Not saying the bowl game was the reason, but, it was the tipping point for him.

What position is he? :)

interesting, any hints?

Just thinking that with a freshman and a sophomore being the stars it might help us with kids eyeing early playing time. Or, maybe some Florida kids that know Estime.
Based on what I've seen in recruiting the "friendship card doesn't seem to have the pull factor as the program itself in question. The short answer is No!

Based on what I've seen in recruiting the "friendship card doesn't seem to have the pull factor as the program itself in question. The short answer is No!
Since Enoicy played high school football with Estime and they are friends and he is a big target on our board right now i would say your short answer is wrong. Just sharin.

Since Enoicy played high school football with Estime and they are friends and he is a big target on our board right now i would say your short answer is wrong. Just sharin.

That is what I was thinking but I don't spend time on recruiting until January and know very little other than the final results.

Ishmael. He's thought about committing numerous times but his coach keeps telling him to hold off until the OV.
If true Christmas just keeps on giving...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom