Recruiting Updates | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

With that said apparently there are other bigs that are being looked at since we are legit worried that Coleman may never play again. A lot will be told of Colemans' future on whether they go after any of these bigs or not;

Dasher, among others have said Coleman's rehab and progress as the season went alone have been positive. "Looked dominant in workout's" something like that was said by somebody on here.

So I don't buy they are "legit worried" Coleman may never play again.

imo I don't think premium info over there should be posted here. With that said apparently there are other bigs that are being looked at since we are legit worried that Coleman may never play again. A lot will be told of Colemans' future on whether they go after any of these bigs or not;

Or Chino's future.

Dasher, among others have said Coleman's rehab and progress as the season went alone have been positive. "Looked dominant in workout's" something like that was said by somebody on here.

So I don't buy they are "legit worried" Coleman may never play again.

What are they going to say rehab's going shitty? The kid hasn't played in 2 years, and has had several knee issues (i believe microfracture surgery). Plus it's not like he was killing it before the injuries, so i have no idea how anybody would be overly confident that he could come back and play at a level needed of an ACC center.

We'll see if they bring someone in, if they don't then they will be comfortable with Coleman, if not then we should start to worry.

What are they going to say rehab's going shitty?

We'll see if they bring someone in, if they don't then they will be comfortable with Coleman, if not then we should start to worry.

First I think Coleman will be ready to go. Second if for some chance he isn't.

I would be willing to start and go with Diagne at the 5. I'm personally very highest on him of all the incoming class.

What's the level of an ACC Center. Outside of this past season with Rock and Okafor. Who were the other big dominant centers in the ACC.

What DC2 couldn't give 6 to 7 points, close to 9 to 10 rebounds a game ?

Or Chino's future.

I think Chino would have transferred by now if he was going to. Nor do I think we would force him out since he already got the shaft by the NCAA and would have to sit out yet another year, leaving him with only 1 year of college ball. Otherwise if DC is good to go I think we'd prefer to stay at 10 schollies so our sanctions can kick in next year. I don't think they'd bring in a flier unless they really had to since it would just push sanctions back another year

First I think Coleman will be ready to go. Second if for some chance he isn't.

I would be willing to start and go with Diagne at the 5. I'm personally very highest on him of all the incoming class.

What's the level of an ACC Center. Outside of this past season with Rock and Okafor. Who were the other big dominant centers in the ACC.

What DC2 couldn't give 6 to 7 points, close to 9 to 10 rebounds a game ?

If his knees can't hold up he will be giving you nothing.

I think DC can be very effective. My only concern is how many minutes can he be effective. If it's less than 20 minutes a game, we are going to scramble for the other 20 minutes.

I don't play the IF game.
You kind of are though. I am optimistic as well, but I think the coaches are probably looking at the worst case scenario and trying to figure out if they can get in a suitable big body at this point, in the case DC is not going to hold up. The fact that they are even looking should be a pretty clear indication that there is at least a possibility that DC will not see significant minutes next year.

jordoo said:
Right that is the concern. No one knows for sure if the knee will hold up no matter what they feel his abilities are or can be.

Id like to think the staff knows where DC stands in his return and the % of him being able to play next year for major minutes. If his future is in doubt then why redshirt him and leave his position not filled with a recruit. It was either move on or he can play next year, atleast thats what km hoping they did.

Id like to think the staff knows where DC stands in his return and the % of him being able to play next year for major minutes. If his future is in doubt then why redshirt him and leave his position not filled with a recruit. It was either move on or he can play next year, atleast thats what km hoping they did.

I agree but I just dont think there is anyway it can be a sure thing he stays healthy. Being ready to start the season is almost a given at this point.

anomander said:
If you're a Football fan as well then yes, if just basketball then no, everything is covered here just fine.

Thanks for all the responses, I'm basketball only. I used to be a cuse football fan as well, but a good friend from home turned them down and played for Rutgers instead. I paid all of my college football attention to them until he graduated and haven't paid any attention to college football since.

imo I don't think premium info over there should be posted here. With that said apparently there are other bigs that are being looked at since we are legit worried that Coleman may never play again, or at least at ACC level. A lot will be told of Colemans' future on whether they go after any of these bigs or not;
Agreed, that's why I refrained from actually naming the kid. It's feels like it's basically stealing to bring it over here and post it freely.

I agree but I just dont think there is anyway it can be a sure thing he stays healthy. Being ready to start the season is almost a given at this point.
At the same time...if the coaches are convinced about Coleman and the rest of the C position...I'm not sure they'd go sniffing around an available post player like the one they're supposedly checking out. That to me says they might not be convinced we're going to be OK there.

At the same time...if the coaches are convinced about Coleman and the rest of the C position...I'm not sure they'd go sniffing around an available post player like the one they're supposedly checking out. That to me says they might not be convinced we're going to be OK there.

Or they want insurance! ORRRR, and this is my hope., they have thoughts of Murray n Battle to go with Moyer in 16. Can't fit Keita expect to win the appeal take the other extra big in 15.

Still say we stand pat.

BTW is there any premium recruiting site worth paying for?

Edit: also how much does it cost

Last edited: