Recruiting Updates | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Updates

http://cusebballrecruiting.blogspot.com/2015/05/56-news-and-notes.html
Some good stuff here that you guys can check out.

16 looks to be a very interesting situation. So many moving parts. I have to believe with Moyer in the fold the 2nd ship is going to be a guard. Battle is obviously the first choice. When a 3rd ship opens (which it will one way or another) you'd have to think a big guy would be the priority (Banks, Keita). I could only see a 2nd guard if it winds up being a 4 player class but you never know and we have to expect some serious roster turnover going forward until we get all or most of our ships back.

16 looks to be a very interesting situation. So many moving parts. I have to believe with Moyer in the fold the 2nd ship is going to be a guard. Battle is obviously the first choice. When a 3rd ship opens (which it will one way or another) you'd have to think a big guy would be the priority (Banks, Keita). I could only see a 2nd guard if it winds up being a 4 player class but you never know and we have to expect some serious roster turnover going forward until we get all or most of our ships back.
Quite possible that KJ, Chino, and DC2 could all be gone after next season. Opening up more room for 2016. The staff is operating like they're expecting to land more players than Battle.

Quite possible that KJ, Chino, and DC2 could all be gone after next season. Opening up more room for 2016. The staff is operating like they're expecting to land more players than Battle.

Francis, what's your take on Sedee Keita? Seems like he would be a good depth add at center that could give us some quality defensive minutes. If we were to have another scholarship open up, would you rather him or James Banks? It seems to me like Keita really wants to come to Syracuse.

Francis, what's your take on Sedee Keita? Seems like he would be a good depth add at center that could give us some quality defensive minutes. If we were to have another scholarship open up, would you rather him or James Banks? It seems to me like Keita really wants to come to Syracuse.
Personally I would prefer Banks, because players with his size and upside don't grow on trees. I actually have a couple of Keita games to check out, so my opinion may change on this. Keita might be more of an easier get since he's from the northeast, and I think it'll be tough for the staff to pull a kid in from GA.

Personally I would prefer Banks, because players with his size and upside don't grow on trees. I actually have a couple of Keita games to check out, so my opinion may change on this. Keita might be more of an easier get since he's from the northeast, and I think it'll be tough for the staff to pull a kid in from GA.

Cough--JoshPace--Cough.

With respect to centers, is there a chance Obokoh could graduate in 3 years and transfer after this season? that would open up another scholarship. Of course he could develop into a serviceable back up and SU would want him for another season. There is also the issue of his appeal. I haven't heard anything about whether he and the school are appealing the decision to take his redshirt year.

With respect to centers, is there a chance Obokoh could graduate in 3 years and transfer after this season? that would open up another scholarship. Of course he could develop into a serviceable back up and SU would want him for another season. There is also the issue of his appeal. I haven't heard anything about whether he and the school are appealing the decision to take his redshirt year.

I've also had the 3 year graduation thought about Chino. He is said to be an excellent student so it seems possible and I believe he would need to transfer without sitting because the NCAA took a year from him.

I'm curious of this too. If I remember correctly, the NCAA said that he lost a year of eligibility because he was in the wrong grade in high school. Then he took a redshirt his first year, so he was a redshirt soph last year and will be redshirt junior this year, meaning he should be immediately eligible as a fifth year transfer next year? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this would be the case. All due respect to Obokoh, I would rather see Banks/Keita as backup center next year, and I tend to think that unless something changes significantly this year then Obokoh would want to go somewhere where he can get some minutes for his senior season.

I have made it no secret I am a Simmons fan so hopefully with Battle committing we will put some more effort into Kobi.

With Battle out there is now a huge opening so we should get an idea pretty quickly how interested these other guards are.

Yep. I really wonder how much of a chance we stand with any of them, really. I'd love to see us snag an instant-impact guard for '16, but who knows if that's still realistically in the cards for us.

Keita is playing in the Mary Kline Classic May 30th in NJ, along with Moyer, Diagne and Trevon Duval. I look forward to seeing all of them.

Any new word from Georgia since Battle declared to Mich or is this still on your previous info! We could use some good news.
Kobi knows he will be given free reign here. He's watched Dion, Flynn, Devo and MCW and knows he can showcase his talents here. The staff has to overcome the headstart that NC and Georgia has had, but he feels that they can especially given the recent news.

Kobi knows he will be given free reign here. He's watched Dion, Flynn, Devo and MCW and knows he can showcase his talents here. The staff has to overcome the headstart that NC and Georgia has had, but he feels that they can especially given the recent news.

Pretty high confidence. Not calling you out of course, just an observation.

Honestly, I'll be shocked if we get Simmons or Gilbert. It's nothing against the program, but we were so in on Battle, I don't see how it's possible to make up ground so fast. I think we end up having to take plan d or E, and if that's the case why don't we just get another forward or big.

Thanks! I'm interested in seeing how the staff moves forward after taking a big blow by losing Battle. I would expect they will be recruiting a couple guards pretty avidly starting this week and whichever is first to schedule a visit here could be the one. Its interesting with UNC and SU. At least any kid knows the worst that it will be with SU because the penalty has been handed down. With UNC (even though I expect the NCAA goes as easily as possible on them) they could look likely to be in a world of hurt from a recruits perspective.