Red Interview with Paulie and Infanti 5/4 | Syracusefan.com

Red Interview with Paulie and Infanti 5/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will listen to it later, but any reason behind no trip?

That seems like an absolutely huge miss to not do a trip. Even a bus trip to Canada would have been great.

There was actually a trip offered through my company for those that received a specific award that goes to 20 ppl every year to Israel and that was just actually canceled and moved specifically due to safety concerns.

So reading/listening between the lines.. you can tell they are getting nervous around the Judah situation and also playing the waiting till the 11th hour game regarding another impact guard. Tough spot to be.

You don't want to chase the kid away who wants to return and with a sweet NIL pkg but if it's looking like he can get a good draft spot and there is some consensus early feedback.. not the worst idea to tell the young man to go for it so you can quickly pivot.

So reading/listening between the lines.. you can tell they are getting nervous around the Judah situation and also playing the waiting till the 11th hour game regarding another impact guard. Tough spot to be.

You don't want to chase the kid away who wants to return and with a sweet NIL pkg but if it's looking like he can get a good draft spot and there is some consensus early feedback.. not the worst idea to tell the young man to go for it so you can quickly pivot.

Definitely think we need to pivot, and position Syracuse for a top lead guard, if the staff feels they have the opportunity to pull one. Would love to have Judah back, but we've seen the story before.

This is an important year for Red, I don't think he can afford to play the waiting game and crosses fingers.

Yea, while he says we have a plan with him and without him, he separately dropped a we’re going by him not being here.

Definitely think we need to pivot, and position Syracuse for a top lead guard, if the staff feels they have the opportunity to pull one. Would love to have Judah back, but we've seen the story before.

This is an important year for Red, I don't think he can afford to play the waiting game and crosses fingers.
If you don’t play the waiting game for Judah, you chance a lot of relationships you’ve built.

My hope is they have a drop dead date to know by and that it isn’t the last possible day.

Red said they are planning as if Judah will leave. That has always been the smart play. I'm not sure the focus will be on finding a traditional PG to replace Judah, even though that would be my preference. My understanding is that the focus is on finding "versatile playmakers" with ball handling skills that can defend multiple positions.

Red mentioned having one of the the biggest back court in the country next season, which I think unintentionally hinted at his suspicion that Judah will not be back.

Looks like he is looking to add a big with experience. I suspect they will have this wrapped up very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom