Red Interview with Paulie and Infanti 5/4 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Red Interview with Paulie and Infanti 5/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have specified at guard. The tea leaves have us signing the FSU kid at center at least.

Oh I'm with you. That would put us at

Gd Westry, JJ, Copeland, Taylor
Fwd - Benny, Bell, Brown
C- Mccleod, Hima

Projects - Carey, Patterson.

That's basically 3 ball handlers total unless Taylor and Benny add to that part of their game and then two open schollies. It seems we would fill at least one of those two wouldn't it?

Oh I'm with you. That would put us at

Gd Westry, JJ, Copeland, Taylor
Fwd - Benny, Bell, Brown
C- Mccleod, Hima

Projects - Carey, Patterson.

That's basically 3 ball handlers total unless Taylor and Benny add to that part of their game and then two open schollies. It seems we would fill at least one of those two wouldn't it?
Sounds like there’s a good chance Westry, Starling, and Copeland all start.

If you don’t play the waiting game for Judah, you chance a lot of relationships you’ve built.

My hope is they have a drop dead date to know by and that it isn’t the last possible day.

Nope. Can't afford to get caught holding the bag in late May. You have to proceed as if the spot is vacant, iMO.

I’ll preface by saying (again) I don’t think this is true, but if he red doesnt fill this roster out with a decent center and a forward or guard, he has no business being a head coach. JB got the benefit of the doubt for 40+ years of success, red has no such record and should be busting his ass finding a quality filler for those two positions

I’ll preface by saying (again) I don’t think this is true, but if he red doesnt fill this roster out with a decent center and a forward or guard, he has no business being a head coach. JB got the benefit of the doubt for 40+ years of success, red has no such record and should be busting his ass finding a quality filler for those two positions
Ridiculous post. Are you going to decide who's decent or who's not? Are you going to pony up NIL money to get these guys? Hilarious. Are Starling and Westry not to your liking? Could be the silliest post I've read for awhile.

Feels like we're doing the college equivalent of tanking to make sure we land a borderline elite '24 class. Not that we are trying to be bad but we aren't being as aggressive as possible.

Or maybe that is just me trying to rationalize how we went from Justin Moore rumors to whatever is happening right now.

Ridiculous post. Are you going to decide who's decent or who's not? Are you going to pony up NIL money to get these guys? Hilarious. Are Starling and Westry not to your liking? Could be the silliest post I've read for awhile.
If he leaves two open scholarships, then it’s a problem. If he picks up two bench warmers, then it’s a problem as well. There’s nothing silly about it. It’s a basic level of expectation that a coach who was hand picked to replace a LEGEND has the common sense to fill his team (at the very least) or fill it with contributors. NIL is an excuse for missing Dickinson or Cisse, it’s not an excuse for missing out on a decent contributor at the mid major level. Please though, feel free to tell me that it’s a smart choice to leave two scholarships open.

We don’t need a 12th and 13th man. You can’t play that many. This entire team can come back next year. Red is probably going to get a second commit next week for the class of 2024.
If Red gets Freeman for 2024 and the portal doesn’t manifest a quality center and guard to replace Judah, we should really prepare ourselves for 2023-24 being a rebuilding year. It may get worse before it gets better.

It sucks that JB held on way too long because we suffered through his down years and now have to do a bit more suffering while Red rebuilds.

If Red gets Freeman for 2024 and the portal doesn’t manifest a quality center and guard to replace Judah, we should really prepare ourselves for 2023-24 being a rebuilding year. It may get worse before it gets better.

It sucks that JB held on way too long because we suffered through his down years and now have to do a bit more suffering while Red rebuilds.

Center has promise it appears. No idea on the rest.

I don't think a complete rebuilding year is a guarantee however it's certainly a possibility if returning guys don't make a jump.

Last edited:
If he leaves two open scholarships, then it’s a problem. If he picks up two bench warmers, then it’s a problem as well. There’s nothing silly about it. It’s a basic level of expectation that a coach who was hand picked to replace a LEGEND has the common sense to fill his team (at the very least) or fill it with contributors. NIL is an excuse for missing Dickinson or Cisse, it’s not an excuse for missing out on a decent contributor at the mid major level. Please though, feel free to tell me that it’s a smart choice to leave two scholarships open.

Two open scholarships isn't ideal through current lens but it's far from grounds for dismissal.. that's just nuts.

McLeod is visiting. If Red snags him, is that to your liking? But damn, we'd still have an open scholarship. You're funny.

McLeod is visiting. If Red snags him, is that to your liking? But damn, we'd still have an open scholarship. You're funny.
The narrative shift is hilarious. A coach who had 1 losing season in 47 got chit on for not filling a roster, but a guy who hasn’t been a head coach for a single game in his career gets a pass just because? Syracuse fans should feel fine going into a season without a single center who averaged over a handful of points… why? And they should leave an open scholarship when they dont have a proven point guard because… why?

You’re not funny, you’re already making excuses. Like I said in my first message, I don’t think the above will be the case, but if it is then that is a massive red flag in terms of the inability to put together a roster.

What if Red lands Lance Ware?

Kids from Camden originally, went to Kentucky.

Five star out of high school.

Would people be happy?

Even if he only averaged 2/2 this year

Two open scholarships isn't ideal through current lens but it's far from grounds for dismissal.. that's just nuts.
It’s a massive red flag, and should be a concern if it comes to furition, especially from a fan base that spent an entire year complaining about how another coach of the Syracuse Orange didn’t fill their roster and saw it as a massive flaw that lead to a .500 team…

It’s a massive red flag, and should be a concern if it comes to furition, especially from a fan base that spent an entire year complaining about how another coach of the Syracuse Orange didn’t fill their roster and saw it as a massive flaw that lead to a .500 team…
Yeah, THAT was the primary and only complaint.

Yeah, THAT was the primary complaint.
Are you saying it wasn’t a complaint? Did I just imagine the whole “JB should’ve gotten a scoring forward” discussion that occurred in every post game thread?

Are you saying it wasn’t a complaint? Did I just imagine the whole “JB should’ve gotten a scoring forward” discussion that occurred in every post game thread?
No. I’m saying I think you are picking one thing, leaving out the whole scope, and harping on it so you can play your role.

You need to drop the JB thing around this. It's clouding being objective here. Until you do this will just go around in circles.

No. I’m saying I think you are picking one thing, leaving out the whole scope, and harping on it so you can play your role.
You think leaving two roster spots open is a sign of good decision making? Or even replacing Jesse and Judah with a couple former benchwarmers, is that prudent and likely to lead to success? Sorry, that makes no sense to me and I sure as hell hope it doesn’t make sense to a hand picked replacement. You can’t think it’s a small problem, but if the roster stays as is then that’s a massive concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom