Red Interview with Paulie and Infanti 5/4 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Red Interview with Paulie and Infanti 5/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The narrative shift is hilarious. A coach who had 1 losing season in 47 got chit on for not filling a roster, but a guy who hasn’t been a head coach for a single game in his career gets a pass just because? Syracuse fans should feel fine going into a season without a single center who averaged over a handful of points… why? And they should leave an open scholarship when they dont have a proven point guard because… why?

You’re not funny, you’re already making excuses. Like I said in my first message, I don’t think the above will be the case, but if it is then that is a massive red flag in terms of the inability to put together a roster.
You've gone from wanting a mid major center, to not having a point guard.

You think leaving two roster spots open is a sign of good decision making? Or even replacing Jesse and Judah with a couple former benchwarmers, is that prudent and likely to lead to success? Sorry, that makes no sense to me and I sure as hell hope it doesn’t make sense to a hand picked replacement.
Who is the former benchwarmer we’re replacing Judah with?

You need to drop the JB thing around this. It's clouding being objective here. Until you do this will just go around in circles.
How can it be dropped when it’s a direct comparable? Aren’t we hoping the new head man will not fall into the same traps?

Man some of you all are going off the deep end with this. Screw it let's fire Red now, he has not performed up to par. He has failed 8 weeks into his job and it's clear he is just going to keep failing. No chance of winning at all. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: (for those not aware, my above statements are sarcasm). People need to effin chillax and let him do his effin job. He will either succeed or not but sheeeet people give him some time to do his thing.

Who is the former benchwarmer we’re replacing Judah with?
Currently no one, thus the conversation about an open scholarship. I’m saying an open scholarship is the worst outcome, and a benchwarmer is bad. If he finds a contributor then that’s reassuring and changes the conversation, but right now there is seemingly no one on the radar to replace Judah and it sounds like red doesn’t intend to.

The narrative shift is hilarious. A coach who had 1 losing season in 47 got chit on for not filling a roster, but a guy who hasn’t been a head coach for a single game in his career gets a pass just because? Syracuse fans should feel fine going into a season without a single center who averaged over a handful of points… why? And they should leave an open scholarship when they dont have a proven point guard because… why?

You’re not funny, you’re already making excuses. Like I said in my first message, I don’t think the above will be the case, but if it is then that is a massive red flag in terms of the inability to put together a roster.
Dude, let it play out. Red has been coach for like two weeks and he wasn’t handed an amazing roster. The JJ and Westry acquisitions show that he knows how to play this modern game. I don’t think we’re done.

Currently no one, thus the conversation about an open scholarship. I’m saying an open scholarship is the worst outcome, and a benchwarmer is bad. If he finds a contributor then that’s reassuring and changes the conversation, but right now there is seemingly no one on the radar to replace Judah and it sounds like red doesn’t intend to.
So what are Westry and JJ doing?

Not like Copeland was a scrub recruit either.

So now we’re going from playing 7-8 to 12-13. That’s insane and guaranteed losing.

Dude, let it play out. Red has been coach for like two weeks and he wasn’t handed an amazing roster. The JJ and Westry acquisitions show that he knows how to play this modern game. I don’t think we’re done.
If they’re not done then that’s a good sign, but if they are then that’s troublesome.

How can it be dropped when it’s a direct comparable? Aren’t we hoping the new head man will not fall into the same traps?

You can't see it because you are still upset over the JB criticism. It's not a direct comparison at all.

The issues were not just roster but also defense, pressers... etc. But that's all in the past. Why can't we move on?

Plus the future classes have major momentum that matters maybe more than anything right now as we look beyond this year which of course is still important.

You can't see it because you are still upset over the JB criticism. It's not a direct comparison at all.

The issues were not just roster but also defense, pressers... etc. But that's all in the past. Why can't we move on?
Because it’s a bad decision! How can anyone pretend like it’s a good idea to replace Jesse with McLoed and Judah with NO ONE!? Grab someone who can contribute and push out the underachievers next year to make room for recruits. JB made a mistake not bringing in a forward, it magnified the other issues, for which he was fired. Red should know better. Picking up players and them not working out is plenty forgivable for a new head coach, but not getting anyone is very different and I’m not sure why that’s so easily ignored. Perhaps he picks up a couple good players, that’ll be fantastic and prove me wrong but that interview didn’t instill confidence and neither have dashers comments.

No, you play the best 7-8 you can get. You should be able to find better than bell, Copeland, Taylor, and hima to get major minutes

Sure sounds like that if you’re okay trotting out the roster as it is today.
Obviously the coaches think the players are better than what you think.

Obviously the coaches think the players are better than what you think.
So good that you don’t find anyone else? Even if I had 7 Melos I would still fill out the roster.

Because it’s a bad decision! How can anyone pretend like it’s a good idea to replace Jesse with McLoed and Judah with NO ONE!? Grab someone who can contribute and push out the underachievers next year to make room for recruits. JB made a mistake not bringing in a forward, it magnified the other issues, for which he was fired. Red should know better. Picking up players and them not working out is plenty forgivable for a new head coach, but not getting anyone is very different and I’m not sure why that’s so easily ignored. Perhaps he picks up a couple good players, that’ll be fantastic and prove me wrong but that interview didn’t instill confidence and neither have dashers comments.

We need to see how this all lands and that is a holistic statement. Conclusions are premature at this juncture. Concerns are fair we all have our fair share of them for this upcoming year.

Lol the previous coach had years he only had 10 guys. Way to hijack this thread though.
He also had a national championship, 5 final fours, and 30+ NCAA tournament appearances. Once red makes his first final four then he can leave as many scholarships open as he wants, but until then he is tying one hand behind his back. I really struggle to see the defense here…

We need to see how this all lands and that is a holistic statement. Conclusions are premature at this juncture. Concerns are fair we all have our fair share of them for this upcoming year.
Thats why I qualified my first statement with “if this occurs”

He also had a national championship, 5 final fours, and 30+ NCAA tournament appearances. Once red makes his first final four then he can leave as many scholarships open as he wants, but until then he is tying one hand behind his back.

He hasn’t coached a game yet! The off-season isn’t over. Chill my guy. JB is gone.

Thats why I qualified my first statement with “if this occurs”

"Holistic" that means scholarships used, results, development etc etc. Even hypothetical conclusions are premature.

He also had a national championship, 5 final fours, and 30+ NCAA tournament appearances. Once red makes his first final four then he can leave as many scholarships open as he wants, but until then he is tying one hand behind his back. I really struggle to see the defense here…
JB’s nearly criminal roster mismanagement over the last 5 years of his tenure won’t be solved in Red’s first two months on the job.

JB’s nearly criminal roster mismanagement over the last 5 years of his tenure won’t be solved in Red’s first two months on the job.
Transfer portal means you can solve it in an offseason, and I hope red does. Pitt completely rebuilt a team, no excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom