Red Interview with Paulie and Infanti 5/4 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Red Interview with Paulie and Infanti 5/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red grabbed two of the best available players from the portal. You expect him to grab 5. That’s unrealistic.
Yeah, if our off-season consists of Starling and Westry as portal guys, Kante as a late highschool pickup, hang on to Moore and get a commitment from Freeman... that sure looks like a lot more of the kinds of dudes we need to get back to being Syracuse hoops.

Transfer portal means you can solve it in an offseason, and I hope red does. Pitt completely rebuilt a team, no excuses.
Agreed!! Get rid of Red now!! Send ADJW an email and you tell him no excuses or exceptions, Red has to go 8 weeks on the job. Stick to your guns 181! Write him now and tell him you are not taking Red's clear failure anymore!! Do it!! No excuses!!

Red grabbed two of the best available players from the portal. You expect him to grab 5. That’s unrealistic.
What? You think it’s unrealistic to expect to him to fill a roster? You don’t need 5 super stars but a power 5 program should not struggle to find enough players to fill out a roster in the transfer portal era.

Agreed!! Get rid of Red now!! Send ADJW an email and you tell him no excuses or exceptions, Red has to go 8 weeks on the job. Stick to your guns 181! Write him now and tell him you are not taking Red's clear failure anymore!! Do it!! No excuses!!
Yup, that’s what I’m saying. You got it bud!

What? You think it’s unrealistic to expect to him to fill a roster? You don’t need 5 super stars but a power 5 program should not struggle to find enough players to fill out a roster in the transfer portal era.
Just to be clear, to you a "full roster" means that all 13 scholarships are occupied. Is that accurate?

Just to be clear, to you a "full roster" means that all 13 scholarships are occupied. Is that accurate?
A full roster should be all scholarships filled. In this case (assuming what red said and what insiders have hinted at is true) that means 2 potentially high playing time spots are open.

A full roster should be all scholarships filled. In this case (assuming what red said and what insiders have hinted at is true) that means 2 potentially high playing time spots are open.
Will you be happy if two more scholarship guys are on the roster?

Also lost two of the best available, it’s a wash.

Joe shot like 35% as a freshman.

Can’t say that JJ right today is a better college basketball player than Joe. But by next year, he may be. Seems to have better physical attributes and overall skill set. We will see.

Yep. I do like our staff and think they can make some hay with this youth over the summer. That's absolutely a vote of faith of course.

We’ll see. Ill take my chances on that one.

I believe this will flip come November. Believe and hope I should say.
I hope he is, I want him to be, but based on last year there’s nothing to show otherwise. The narrative of JJ being great last year just isn’t right, the eye test, the stats, he wasn’t good.

I hope he is, I want him to be, but based on last year there’s nothing to show otherwise. The narrative of JJ being great last year just isn’t right, the eye test, the stats, he wasn’t good.

Yeah I mean I've shared my thoughts on there being some reasons for that beyond his own abilities. He did excel against elite competition in prep which does typically translate. He didn't have like a Jalen Carey or Kaleb Joseph year for example. By no means trying to be unrealistic either.

Yeah I mean I've shared my thoughts on there being some reasons for that beyond his own abilities. He did excel against elite competition in prep which does typically translate. He didn't have like a Jalen Carey or Kaleb Joseph year for example. By no means trying to be unrealistic either.
He struggled as a freshman, but still had some productivity and good games to hang his hat on. I’d describe Joe’s freshman year the same way. He got better. I think JJ will too, and I think the ceiling is higher.

Wes, Elijah didn’t light it up at their previous stops but when they arrived even without playing there were glowing reports, I hope the same with JJ. But a combo guard that averages 1 assist a game and more turnovers while shooting under 30% is putrid. I’m not saying that’s what he is, but even if he’s better he still isn’t as good as Joe now. It can change and I’m aware of that, but if any fan base knows about guys not improving it’s this one. I’m cautious with any prediction of what he can do.

Unless Judah returns I can't see anyone over 14/15 a game. Will need to see 4 guys or so in Double figures with a couple at 6-8 ppg as well.
The defense will need to be elite. I think we have the guys to do it, but our coaches have never coached man to man. It will be interesting to see what their philosophy is.

Two months into the job it’s completely unrealistic.

Unless Judah returns I can't see anyone over 14/15 a game. Will need to see 4 guys or so in Double figures with a couple at 6-8 ppg as well.
Will be interesting to see how playing time is deployed too.

I don’t remember many years where our leading scorer was 14/15 ppg - but I’m betting that when it happened, it was a rare year(2012), where we went deep.

Often our leading scorer scores much more than 14 because they play 36 and shoot a lot every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom