Red is growing as a coach | Syracusefan.com

Red is growing as a coach

Cuse_NYC

Starter
What showed me this the most, was taking Bell out at the end of the game on defense, as George was continuously cooking him, and keeping Miami in it. He subbed in Cuffe. Just needed someone to stay in front of George, where Bell could not. Was very happy to see that. Now let’s just get QC in the starting 5!

Why is no one mentioning that Brown came up to double team every ball handler that brought the ball up court before dropping back to cover his man? He probably expended as much energy as a player would in two games and he kept it up all game. Brilliant coaching and extraordinary defense by our mobile big man. He was still able to get his pts. and rebounds.

You have the in-game coaching decisions (time outs, substitutions, special plays after time outs etc) and the player development, team building component of coaching.

Watch Red’s post-game press conference to get a taste of how he is encouraging individual players and the team element.

What showed me this the most, was taking Bell out at the end of the game on defense, as George was continuously cooking him, and keeping Miami in it. He subbed in Cuffe. Just needed someone to stay in front of George, where Bell could not. Was very happy to see that. Now let’s just get QC in the starting 5!
Uh-oh, looks like someone Is realizing that extrapolating 6 games into an entire career was probably not a good idea.

You have the in-game coaching decisions (time outs, substitutions, special plays after time outs etc) and the player development, team building component of coaching.

Watch Red’s post-game press conference to get a taste of how he is encouraging individual players and the team element.
I love that Red continues to praise his players during press conferences. I alway thought it was extremely unprofessional when JB constantly bashed his players after losses. That was a style for a bygone era. It’s not a good look in the current era.

Also, apparently we can play man to man defense. Absolutely love the defensive identity Red is forming. It’s the style of play I’ve wanted to see out of Syracuse basketball for such a long time.

Last edited:
Uh-oh, looks like someone Is realizing that extrapolating 6 games into an entire career was probably not a good idea.
Hey, I try to be fair. Just wish he would lose the JB method of “our starters are our starters for the entire season”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom