Red Season 1 Now a Bust | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Red Season 1 Now a Bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
People aren't suggesting lowering long term expectations. Year to year expectations have to be based on the current situation. Nothing about the current situation suggested a tournament team this year unless we played over our heads. It's plain dumb to compare our transition to UNC, Duke, or Villanova. They all had recent success with consistency in the top 25 before their transitions as we declined before ours. UConn makes more sense except they even had more recent success than we did and they still had a lull before Hurley got things going. He didn't make the tournament his first 2 years. Should we be better than Wake Forest? Yeah, in a year or two. But they have also had more recent success than us after they declined the year after a coaching change. They won 25 games two years ago. When was the last time we did that? 10 years ago. If you're disappointed, fine. Blame the one that got us here, not the one tasked with getting us out, at least not in his first year.
no blame, just not happy achieving mediocrity

18-10 so far is a bust season?
If we beat GaTech (that loss triggered the bust post), we’d be looking at a 19-9 record right now and probably talking about how we can make the tournament. But as it stands we’re 18-10 and not even in consideration.

I’ll also said that “barring a miracle” we wouldn’t make the tournament. So far the team has won two in a row. If we win another 4 games we may be in bubble consideration, or at least can dream about it

Well this is... weird.
how?

do you think the players or coaches care at all about margin of victory? doesnt seem so from what I have seen.

or even how much they get blown out by? as soon as they know they arent winning they have gotten blown out every time. and almost every time they have a big lead, they end up having to hold on for dear life bc they relax and;/or go conservative.

Being on big ESPN tomorrow is definitely not a bust I’m at my other place and don’t have extra electronics super happy I don’t have to use my phone or work laptop tomorrow to watch this just has basic no espnu or acc.

how?

do you think the players or coaches care at all about margin of victory? doesnt seem so from what I have seen.

or even how much they get blown out by? as soon as they know they arent winning they have gotten blown out every time. and almost every time they have a big lead, they end up having to hold on for dear life bc they relax and;/or go conservative.
I legitimately can't tell if you're serious. Well done.

Being on big ESPN tomorrow is definitely not a bust I’m at my other place and don’t have extra electronics super happy I don’t have to use my phone or work laptop tomorrow to watch this just has basic no espnu or acc.
I think you’re going to need your phone or work laptop tomorrow.

The thread is about Red being a bust. Mediocrity this year is not a bust.
Incorrect. It’s about season 1 under Red being a bust because we will most likely not make the tournament. The question posed was how many years do you give Red to make the tournament.

Incorrect. It’s about season 1 under Red being a bust because we will most likely not make the tournament. The question posed was how many years do you give Red to make the tournament.
Nope. Read the OP. Here's the first line.

"Barring a miracle in the next 3 weeks, Red’s season 1 is looking like a bust, or at least underperformed against fans’ expectations."

He did not specifically say making the tournament was the criteria for this year. In the next paragraph he said next year he thinks it is. Most fans in this thread have expressed their expectations were not necessarily making the tournament this year. I think he gets until year 3. Many others have expressed the same.

This year isn't a bust for me for reasons I mentioned in other posts. Next year I want to see a team that is more physical, consistently competes better against the top level competition on the schedule with none of the mid or end of game droughts that have led to blowouts, and is at least in bubble conversations. If we can't get in the tournament by year 3 and be in the top 25 by year 4 or 5 I'll want a change.

Just amazes me that we consider an 18 - 10 record at this point as a bust or mediocre. Very real path to 20+ wins and top 5 in the ACC is a status 80% of the teams in the country would kill for.
ACC blows this year. shouldda stayed home in the big east.

So, I haven't followed this whole thread and didn't get to see the game, but let me see if I understand what's going on. Red has won more games this year than the previous two years after being given a roster most didn't think was all that good. He lost our only actual big man to injury. He has recruited a top 25 guy that could fill a major hole next year. He favorably changed our style of play. He's won more games this year than we won the previous 2 years with at least 4 games left in the season. And we still have people calling this season a failure? I want to be in the tournament as much as the next guy, but did people honestly think that was realistic this year? Are we sniffing a special kind of glue that targets rational brain cells?
Well said my friend !!!!! Some of these cry babies need to get a job..

If we beat GaTech (that loss triggered the bust post), we’d be looking at a 19-9 record right now and probably talking about how we can make the tournament. But as it stands we’re 18-10 and not even in consideration.

I’ll also said that “barring a miracle” we wouldn’t make the tournament. So far the team has won two in a row. If we win another 4 games we may be in bubble consideration, or at least can dream about it
Or better we needed a win against Gonzaga, Tenn, Clemson, FSU, Duke, NC1, Virginia, Wake. Seems more important to beat a better team than lose to a bad one (Gatech, BC).

Barring a miracle in the next 3 weeks, Red’s season 1 is looking like a bust, or at least underperformed against fans’ expectations.

Looking ahead to next year I believe he must make the NCAA Tournament. The program can’t continue to produce mediocre results year after year. We’re slipping as a national program. Falling with the likes of Indiana and Georgetown into the oblivion of has-beens.

Question is, do you give Red a third year if he fails to make the NCAAT next year?

Even if he gets a third year, if he doesn’t make the tournament by his third year there’s no chance he gets a 4th.
This thread cracks me up. It is our best season this decade.

You sir, are the bust.

This thread cracks me up. It is our best season this decade.

You sir, are the bust.

But but but...MARGIN OF VICTORY!!!!

feels breaking dawn GIF

Has to win the next one and Red has done his job 20 wins and we have a shot at a bid without winning the ACCT.

This team struggles in certain situations but one spot where I think we are very strong is in terms of someone beating us twice. Clemson might be in big trouble even at their place. Still kind of terrified we Louisville though.

Red's decision to not have the team take a shot the last 11 seconds was a outrage.

When teams are up big but have 8 or less fouls they should be scoring and then trying to foul a big man for a 1 and one to try and boost the NET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom