Regarding The Board Of Trustees... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Regarding The Board Of Trustees...

i'll ask others that were there as to who said what to whom and when. but its semantics and i maintain my point. it wasnt some bot meeting or anything. the decision was made right there at the bowl, unless you want to tell me that after that whole scene, a bot meeting was convened and it was voted upon.

i'll go 1 step further. when grob was hired. tgd put togther a slate of candidates to interview. that was grob, lewis, gray and henderson. it followed his model that he felt worked at usc. a defensive background with nfl experience. gray was with buffalo, henderson was with the jets, lewis was with the giants, and while grob was with texas, he came from the nfl. after initial interviews, it came down to grob and gray. cantor and tgd (maybe others) interviewed them (i think in philly) and selected grob. did that selection then go to to the bot to be voted on?
I heard something at one of the tailgates a couple years ago, from a generally rock-solid source amongst us, that a specific person (not yet named in this thread) was the one that was really behind the decision. I don't recall hearing "how" the decision was forced, but that one definite person was responsible. Hopefully someone will chime in on that angle if it is in fact true.

I will say, by far the most fun time to talk to Dr. Gross is during games while he's pumped up. Got myself into the signing day event at Manley for Marrone's second class by just asking him mid-basketball game during his normal walk by the student section.

I defer all questions to my attorney Bill Orange. I drank an awful lot of free alcohol that evening. I think I was hearing fire him everywhere I turned, but at least half of those could have been inside voices.

Here's 2 more highlights.

1. Gross to me before the game, while we're watching GT's band dwarf ours on a field outside the stadium, "we're going to have a much bigger marching band here"
2. On the way down the ramp after the game, Gross to me and JKinPhilly "You guys come to my office any time, I want to talk to young alumni like you about ideas you have". At that moment, about 6 of the Bud Light cans I stuffed in my jacket on the way out, fall out and just start slowly and awkwardly rolling down the ramp. I look at Gross and say "yeah, I'll get back to you"

Good times.

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! Oh man I am literally in tears over here. You gotta describe Gross' facial expression - did he respond? How did you guys leave it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom