Regardless of outcome | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Regardless of outcome

Yes the refs did all they could to help, but at the end of the day Clemson's D had just enough to steal the game for them. Proud of the team and the coaches and can't believe people are saying they quit. I am super excited to watch the rest of the season and and can't wait until next week against ND.

Yes the refs did all they could to help, but at the end of the day Clemson's D had just enough to steal the game for them. Proud of the team and the coaches and can't believe people are saying they quit. I am super excited to watch the rest of the season and and can't wait until next week against ND.
That’s where we differ, I’m going to be in an absolute funk for a couple of days over this . To be honest your not going to be in the situation to possibly take a shot at winning the ACC and have it painfully taken. It sucks

Stop it. You could see he had slowed considerably and was heading to the sideline. Our guy then ran with him and shouldered him from the side when he was clearly out of play. I’m not going to crucify Fuentes for it but it’s a really obvious call (especially on the road with the opposing QB).

Shrader slows down all the time. He wasn't out yet when Fuentes lunged at him.

Great...how about quit posting idiocy and proving you're an assclown. just saying.
What did I say that was idiocy? If using logic is, then I don't know what to tell you other then to take a deep breath. It'll be ok.

I usually watch games all Saturday, I don’t have the stomach to put the TV back on and hear about this gutty Clemson team, can’t do it.

Good effort in the first half but they quite in the second half. I’m happy they played them close, but they quit and that’s what hurts about this loss.
They didn't quit. That's . In the last 2 minutes, they had a good chance to win: at Clemson.
If they had quit, Clemson gets a TD, not a FG, at the end

Stop it. You could see he had slowed considerably and was heading to the sideline. Our guy then ran with him and shouldered him from the side when he was clearly out of play. I’m not going to crucify Fuentes for it but it’s a really obvious call (especially on the road with the opposing QB).
The only problem with the call was we didn't get the one we should have. That could have been a huge penalty.

They didn’t quit. They were beat up and worn down.
Quit was too strong of a word, you’re right. They were definitely beat up and worn down, absolutely. I think the offense lost focus out of halftime and the coaches made poor adjustments. The defense lost focus after those two killer penalties and then the team started losing confidence collectively. I think Dino and the team leaders could and should have done more to clear their heads and boost their confidence after that first 4Q TD.

Review the game from five minutes left in the third to about five minutes left in the fourth and it’s pretty clear a lot of players start questioning their ability to win and struggle with the adversity of the moment, the pain, the momentum.

No matter how you view it, I think the team will be fine as long as they let this game make them mentally stronger. I just hope they regain some of that confidence and swagger this week and come out firing against ND.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom