Remember | Syracusefan.com

Remember

Cuse House

All American
Our roster last season had us all giddy thinking another final four and these huge lofty goals. We were severely disappointed in the outcome of last season. Fast forward to now, we are all bashing our current roster because we see huge flaws and imbalances, and deservingly so. Point is, we aren't done with recruiting and we have no clue how our guys are developing after the season ended. We have two potential stars in TB and TT and a lot of unknowns. I refuse to pass judgement on the roster until we get a month or so into the season. In this day and age of CBB, you just never know.

Our roster last season had us all giddy thinking another final four and these huge lofty goals. We were severely disappointed in the outcome of last season. Fast forward to now, we are all bashing our current roster because we see huge flaws and imbalances, and deservingly so. Point is, we aren't done with recruiting and we have no clue how our guys are developing after the season ended. We have two potential stars in TB and TT and a lot of unknowns. I refuse to pass judgement on the roster until we get a month or so into the season. In this day and age of CBB, you just never know.

As it stands, our starting lineup is:

PG - Frank Howard
SG - Tyus Battle
SF - Matt Moyer
PF - Oshae Brissett
C - Taurean Thompson

Bench:

C - Pascual Chukwu
G - Howard Washington
C - Bourama Sidibe

Not done yet, but that is frightening.

I'm not high on Thompson but am high on Brissett so I think we have two studs on the team next year, but TT has to get more agile and better defensively before I'm bullish on him.

After those 2 and Battle, we have a lot of unknowns. Howard, Moyer, Sidibe and Chukwu could be good but that's a complete toss up on each player. Washington isn't playing this year and if he is...goodnight.

Thorpe looks like a must-get right now.

I'm not high on Thompson but am high on Brissett so I think we have two studs on the team next year, but TT has to get more agile and better defensively before I'm bullish on him.

After those 2 and Battle, we have a lot of unknowns. Howard, Moyer, Sidibe and Chukwu could be good but that's a complete toss up on each player. Washington isn't playing this year and if he is...goodnight.

Thorpe looks like a must-get right now.
I agree with Brissett. Depending on TT defense, I think we have 3 very solid pieces. It will come down to our role players and how well they play. They don't have to be spectacular, they just have to be solid, not turn the ball over, make shots when open, etc. If you look at last years squad, our best players showed up for the most part, but our role players were awful.

I really don't know how anyone can predict our starting lineup right now, our 2017 recruiting class isn't even done yet.

I really don't know how anyone can predict our starting lineup right now, our 2017 recruiting class isn't even done yet.

Its the middle of May, unless some miracle occurs like Melo retiring and the Ncaa allowing him to play for us next year, I don't see how we are going to be much better.

Its the middle of May, unless some miracle occurs like Melo retiring and the Ncaa allowing him to play for us next year, I don't see how we are going to be much better.
You know how good Brissett is? Or Marek if we get him? We start off with two very good ACC players. we don't need that much more to be very competitive. Top 4 in the league? Probably not. But very competitive. You weren't old enough I don't think to be around when Moten came here. No one thought much of him. brissett and Marek, if we get him, could be big surprises. And they don't have to be great in their first year.

Why don't you spare us all and just say "ditto" when you post and we'll all know what you meant.

It gets very frustrating to hear the Woe is Me from you on most of your posts.

Why don't you spare us all and just say "ditto" when you post and we'll all know what you meant.

It gets very frustrating to hear the Woe is Me from you on most of your posts.

That isn't true at all, I am a realist, I have positive for the most part, excuse me for not drinking the orange kool aid on a day when we lost yet another recruit, one that we really needed.

We could still add Thorpe and Dolezaj.

FH has shown absolutely nothing that tells me that he's a lock over Washington even if we can't get Thorpe/another random PG that comes out of nowhere.

I could very easily see Chukwu/Sidibe start at the center position putting TT's length and athleticism at the 4.

The zone defense even if we don't add anyone else should be much improved as every position will have length and understanding.

You know how good Brissett is? Or Marek if we get him? We start off with two very good ACC players. we don't need that much more to be very competitive. Top 4 in the league? Probably not. But very competitive. You weren't old enough I don't think to be around when Moten came here. No one thought much of him. brissett and Marek, if we get him, could be big surprises. And they don't have to be great in their first year.

I don't and I don't think many people do, we still have to get this Marek kid.

I don't and I don't think many people do, we still have to get this Marek kid.

You can at least concede that we shouldn't have to get into shootouts with average teams in order to win, correct? If we could've played a lick of defense last season the we would've been in the tournament.

Our roster last season had us all giddy thinking another final four and these huge lofty goals. We were severely disappointed in the outcome of last season.
WELL THAT JUST MEANS WE'LL BE TWICE AS BAD THIS YEAR AND JIM QUIT TRYING IN 2014 AND GMAC IS WORTHLESS AND WE'LL BE LOOKING UP AT BC THIS YEAR

WELL THAT JUST MEANS WE'LL BE TWICE AS BAD THIS YEAR AND JIM QUIT TRYING IN 2014 AND GMAC IS WORTHLESS AND WE'LL BE LOOKING UP AT BC THIS YEAR

People have a right to be upset and worried about next year, right now how many Acc teams are we better than?

People have a right to be upset and worried about next year, right now how many Acc teams are we better than?
thought you were going to take a nap? you should consider a hobby or something because you seem awfully miserable and prone to knee-jerk sky-is-falling thinking - and it's a treat reading about it thread after thread

thought you were going to take a nap? you should consider a hobby or something because you seem awfully miserable and prone to knee-jerk sky-is-falling thinking - and it's a treat reading about it thread after thread

You never answered my question?

with recruiting still not done? hard to say. if we rolled w the squad we have right now I'm certain we finish higher than: pitt, nc st, wake, bc, clemson - on par w uva, vTech, GT

with recruiting still not done? hard to say. if we rolled w the squad we have right now I'm certain we finish higher than: pitt, nc st, wake, bc, clemson - on par w uva, vTech, GT

Yeah that's about right. I might have V Tech slightly ahead, but other than that pretty accurate. I just want to be UNC or Louisville for once. It's been forever.

And you never answered mine, yes we may struggle on offense but the ceiling is high when your two main offensive components have NBA ceilings. I really think the difference on defense will throw us into the middle of the ACC pack, teams murdered the zone last season and I just can't see it being nearly that bad this season with the personnel at our disposal.

There ain't many guys left that are going to make us better than the teams in front of us in the ACC.
Andrew White didn't decide to transfer until late June.

Andrew White didn't decide to transfer until late June.

Doesn't seem like a good strategy to construct a roster. We also were 19-15. If you're ok with that record then we are on different wavelengths.

Yeah that's about right. I might have V Tech slightly ahead, but other than that pretty accurate. I just want to be UNC or Louisville for once. It's been forever.
Yeah, a whole year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom