Remember | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Remember

On the next tier, but we aren't far off.
OK, so let's try this one last time: If we're on the next tier, why should we be landing recruits that Duke and Kentucky want?

(Hint: Predicting the recruit won't get PT at those schools doesn't answer the question.)

Ahem. White didn't even announce he was going to Grad x-fer until June last year.
And we didn't land him until what felt like October.

I don't know if we're talking to Geno Thorpe, but I certainly hope we are.
He could very easily be this year's John Gillon.

And bonus! We didn't get TT until very late in the game last year too.

2017 roster is far from finalized. Still have 2 more openings.
Last season we had outstanding late recruiting, but we just can't expect the same every season if we are in scramble mode.

And what did that success get for us ? Welcome to the nit.

Sorry,but I am a spoiled Syracuse fan, and I want and expect more from our program.

OK, so let's try this one last time: If we're on the next tier, why should we be landing recruits that Duke and Kentucky want?

(Hint: Predicting the recruit won't get PT at those schools doesn't answer the question.)

Because like I said before, he isn't going to play at Duke, why would you go there to sit the bench?

Last season we had outstanding late recruiting, but we just can't expect the same every season if we are in scramble mode.

Yes, because late recruiting always has the same result always.

Sorry,but I am a spoiled Syracuse fan, and I want and expect more from our program.

I'm sure there will be players that become available as the off-season goes on. But I'm not sure any will be of AW3s caliber.

Also not sure what effect it has to join the team so late.

Because like I said before, he isn't going to play at Duke, why would you go there to sit the bench?
That's Tucker's problem and it doesn't answer the question.

Well he is in for rude awakening.
If only you had told the kid.

2017-05-14 12.08.45.jpg

So what's the decision: Do we panic in May or relax and enjoy the summer and start worrying about this next fall?
What happens now and thru the summer will affect next fall.

The problem though is that we are past the point of moving the needle in a big way to truly resurrect past success.

However, it is not too late to improve incrementally with a couple of more nice recruiting gets this summer.

That's Tucker's problem and it doesn't answer the question.

Well playing time is a huge factor in the decision, so it could be a huge problem. Would you rather sit the bench at Duke, or start right away at Syracuse, and have a faster track to the Nba?

Well playing time is a huge factor in the decision, so it could be a huge problem. Would you rather sit the bench at Duke, or start right away at Syracuse, and have a faster track to the Nba?
Tucker answered that question. Feel free to answer mine.

Yes, and our chances of finding another White and Gillon this late are pretty low. Anybody we get from this point on is likely to be a rotation player at best.

For this team to be any good we would need Chukwu and one of the Howards to greatly exceed expectations. Longshots IMHO.

Big key will be for us to win the non-conference games that we are supposed to win and then maybe cobble together something close to a .500 conference performance.
For some reason I have higher expectations for Sidbe than Chukchi. Sidbe is very athletic and has a court awareness reserved mostly for guards. I have really high expectations for him with no disrespect to Chukwu

For some reason I have higher expectations for Sidbe than Chukchi. Sidbe is very athletic and has a court awareness reserved mostly for guards. I have really high expectations for him with no disrespect to Chukwu

I don't think you are in the minority on that.

What happens now and thru the summer will affect next fall.

The problem though is that we are past the point of moving the needle in a big way to truly resurrect past success.

However, it is not too late to improve incrementally with a couple of more nice recruiting gets this summer.

The biggest way to resurrect past success will be to play defense like we used to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom