Remember | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Remember

You never answered my question?
I haven't looked at every ACC roster but how many teams have two players as good as soph's Battle and Thompson? Let's wait until we know the rest of our roster before we start making this claim. If we add Marek and thorpe, with TT and battle, that is 4 good players from what I hear. And if we can get one of the other guys to emerge, that is a decent team.

Doesn't seem like a good strategy to construct a roster. We also were 19-15. If you're ok with that record then we are on different wavelengths.
What do last year's results have to do with it? The point is that it's possible to add quality players over the summer and some may not even be available yet.

I haven't looked at every ACC roster but how many teams have two players as good as soph's Battle and Thompson? Let's wait until we know the rest of our roster before we start making this claim. If we add Marek and thorpe, with TT and battle, that is 4 good players from what I hear. And if we can get one of the other guys to emerge, that is a decent team.

Did this a while ago.

Miami has Bruce Brown, Newton and Lonnie Walker.

Duke has Allen, Trent, Duval most likely and Wendell Carter.

Louisville has Vj King, Jaylen Johnson, and Snider

Notre Dame has Colson, Farrell, and TJ Gibbs

UNC has Maye, Berry, Pinson and Seventh Woods

VPI has Robinson, Clarke, And Bibbs

UVA has Jerome, Guy, Wilkins, and Hall

Georgia Tech has Lammers, Okogie and Jackson.

Wake has Crawford, Mitiglou and Chauncey brown coming in.

Point is, every team in this conference has good players. Our supporting cast is probably the weakest out of all those teams.

Did this a while ago.

Point is, every team in this conference has good players. Our supporting cast is probably the weakest out of all those teams.
Do we know that? I don't think we do.

Did this a while ago.

get your gist 0307 but I look at several of those good players you list I'm pretty "meh" on at this point - i.e., Newton, Jerome, Bibbs - and no real way to know about our supporting cast yet...
I don't know I just see the ACC as relatively down for this coming season and we're mid-level *right now* and none of the "top" teams are scary except for maybe Duke

Do we know that? I don't think we do.

All I know is those teams return as much if not more than us and we have the 11th best recruiting class in the conference. It's not crazy to think we are a tenth or eleventh place team.

I'm not counting on signing Thorpe or Dolezaj because we have had a hard time signing anyone this cycle. Sign those guys and maybe we are middle of the pack IDK.

get your gist 0307 but I look at several of those good players you list I'm pretty "meh" on at this point - i.e., Newton, Jerome, Bibbs - and no real way to know about our supporting cast yet...
I don't know I just see the ACC as relatively down for this coming season and we're mid-level *right now* and none of the "top" teams are scary except for maybe Duke

I guess down is relative. CBS has Louisville, Duke, UNC, Notre Dame and Miami allranked in the top 14.

I'm pretty high on VPI because they return a lot and have a good class as well.

The bad news is we play most of the good teams on the road this year as well.

All I know is those teams return as much if not more than us and we have the 11th best recruiting class in the conference. It's not crazy to think we are a tenth or eleventh place team.

I'm not counting on signing Thorpe or Dolezaj because we have had a hard time signing anyone this cycle. Sign those guys and maybe we are middle of the pack IDK.
We will see. I don't know how good some of our guys are. I don't expect us to be near the top. Dolezaj, I think is a much better player than the group here thinks. let's not forget about Ayala as well. We might have a team that is both very young and better than some of us think.

Did this a while ago.

Agree. I think the answer to the question is: just about all of them.

We will see. I don't know how good some of our guys are. I don't expect us to be near the top. Dolezaj, I think is a much better player than the group here thinks. let's not forget about Ayala as well. We might have a team that is both very young and better than some of us think.

Exactly. Your third sentence says it all. So we're in agreement that no matter what happens we are fighting for our lives just to make the tournament.

with recruiting still not done? hard to say. if we rolled w the squad we have right now I'm certain we finish higher than: pitt, nc st, wake, bc, clemson - on par w uva, vTech, GT

Uva, Gt, Va Tech have more talent. We are about the same as Pitt, Nc State, and Wake.

I guess down is relative. CBS has Louisville, Duke, UNC, Notre Dame and Miami allranked in the top 14.

I'm pretty high on VPI because they return a lot and have a good class as well.

The bad news is we play most of the good teams on the road this year as well.
well I'm guessing they have l'vlle there pre Mitchell decision - and NC will be up that high only if Bradley removes name from draft and he's projected first round - and they have ND and Miami overrated...
but point taken on the playing the best teams on the road

well, Brian, it's not surprising you see it that way. you just happen to be wrong is all

This Idea that I am always negative is a joke, how many times have I said we are right up there with the big schools and should be getting any kid we want? I don't know how anyone can look at this roster and have optimism.

well I'm guessing they have l'vlle there pre Mitchell decision - and NC will be up that high only if Bradley removes name from draft and he's projected first round - and they have ND and Miami overrated...
but point taken on the playing the best teams on the road

Sorry Pearl I hate being whoa as me, but this is the first time I've doubted the bball program since I got season tickets 15 years ago. Really hope we can sign some elite kids early for 2018.

Sorry Pearl I hate being whoa as me, but this is the first time I've doubted the bball program since I got season tickets 15 years ago. Really hope we can sign some elite kids early for 2018.
hey man I hear ya - tough to be very optimistic right now

Btw Pearl, last year I predicted us to cut down the nets, so tell me again that I am always negative.

This Idea that I am always negative is a joke, how many times have I said we are right up there with the big schools and should be getting any kid we want? I don't know how anyone can look at this roster and have optimism.
not really about negative vs optimistic more uninformed/knee-jerk vs reasonable but hey man have at it

not really about negative vs optimistic more uninformed/knee-jerk vs reasonable but hey man have at it

What is uninformed about it, its being realistic, look at our roster, the talent simply isn't there.

Its the middle of May, unless some miracle occurs like Melo retiring and the Ncaa allowing him to play for us next year, I don't see how we are going to be much better.

We have never won a game in the middle of May.

I'll ask this question: To what extent will the returning players improve? It's a factor fans tend to ignore because they've seen those guys play and figure that they know what they are capable of. But the great thing about college ball is that (some) players do get better and it can have a significant impact on a team's fortunes. Will Battle become a star? Will Thompson learn to play defense? Will Chukwu become the force Boeheim envisioned in his zone? Will Howard become a solid point guard? If those things happen, we've got four of five spots set.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom