Remember | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Remember

This Idea that I am always negative is a joke, how many times have I said we are right up there with the big schools and should be getting any kid we want?.
That's not a positive statement. Earlier, you said you were a realist. Your statement doesn't reflect that either. Bottom line, you think we should be Duke and Kentucky and you lash out because we're not.

We haven't beaten Louisville since Rak was here and we've lost 5 in a row against UNC.

On the positive side, we haven't lost to Duke since Rak was here either!

* I absolutely love that we've been beating them and will fully enjoy it at all times, regardless of other circumstances.

WELL THAT JUST MEANS WE'LL BE TWICE AS BAD THIS YEAR AND JIM QUIT TRYING IN 2014 AND GMAC IS WORTHLESS AND WE'LL BE LOOKING UP AT BC THIS YEAR
I'm just praying we don't run the table in reverse in ACC play next season.

That's not a positive statement. Earlier, you said you were a realist. Your statement doesn't reflect that either. Bottom line, you think we should be Duke and Kentucky and you lash out because we're not.

We should be landing these recruits, but because of the fact that we aren't I have little hope for next year, how is that not realism?

We should be landing these recruits, but because of the fact that we aren't I have little hope for next year, how is that not realism?
Why should we be landing recruits that Duke and Kentucky want?

Tyus Battle and Taurean Thompson are both potentially first round talent. Matt Moyer's a top 100 recruit with a year in the system under his belt. Hopefully healed and 100%, PC is a 7'2 body.

Our season hinges on FH's ability to make a junior leap and how much Oshae Brissett can contribute regarding quality minutes.

Our 2017 class isn't finished.

We need a lot of dominoes to fall but I'm not ready to count this team out.

Tyus Battle and Taurean Thompson are both potentially first round talent. Matt Moyer's a top 100 recruit with a year in the system under his belt. Hopefully healed and 100%, PC is a 7'2 body.

Our season hinges on FH's ability to make a junior leap and how much Oshae Brissett can contribute regarding quality minutes.

Moyer was a top 50 recruit. So is Brisett. If we get Marek and Thorpe we will be better than last year in my opinion.

PC and FH are ill suited to have the hopes of a season pinned upon them.

Because this kid isn't even going to see the floor at duke.
One offers large $ and the ability to just hang out without academic responsibilities. The other is one of the finest and prettiest colleges in America.
Both have believed coaches who are stored by the media, and programs which are fawned over as exemplary.

SU is neither of those.

PC and FH are ill suited to have the hopes of a season pinned upon them.

FH has the size and talent in my opinion. He just lacks the drive, fire and work ethic. I see no reason why, if he takes this year seriously, he can't give us 25-30 OK/serviceable minutes a game and another 32-35% perimeter shooter.

I don't really care whether posters would like to admit it or not, he had some beautiful passes last year despite all the other woes. He was the only guy with the NBA mind to look for the extra pass. He'd pass to find Andrew White open, not on an island with 3 seconds on the shot clock.

Because this kid isn't even going to see the floor at duke.

He'll see time, he's their cookie cutter perimeter shooter. Remember the 2014 game at the dome? Every player on Duke could hit a three it seemed like. This kid should be fine unless he has a mental lapse or yeah, gets completely recruited over.

Awful hard to be a competent D1 PG without drive or work ethic.

Not something that can't be mended. Hopefully one of the coaches can develop a relationship with the kid and help him along.

As it stands, our starting lineup is:

PG - Frank Howard
SG - Tyus Battle
SF - Matt Moyer
PF - Oshae Brissett
C - Taurean Thompson

Bench:

C - Pascual Chukwu
G - Howard Washington
C - Bourama Sidibe

Not done yet, but that is frightening.

Yes, and our chances of finding another White and Gillon this late are pretty low. Anybody we get from this point on is likely to be a rotation player at best.

For this team to be any good we would need Chukwu and one of the Howards to greatly exceed expectations. Longshots IMHO.

Big key will be for us to win the non-conference games that we are supposed to win and then maybe cobble together something close to a .500 conference performance.

Yes, and our chances of finding another White and Gillon this late are pretty low.
Why not? At this point last year, White thought he was going to the NBA or back to Nebraska. Tyler Cavanaugh wasn't even the Mystery Recruit yet.

And Thorpe is better than Gillon.

Yes, and our chances of finding another White and Gillon this late are pretty low. Anybody we get from this point on is likely to be a rotation player at best.

Ahem. White didn't even announce he was going to Grad x-fer until June last year.
And we didn't land him until what felt like October.

I don't know if we're talking to Geno Thorpe, but I certainly hope we are.
He could very easily be this year's John Gillon.

And bonus! We didn't get TT until very late in the game last year too.

2017 roster is far from finalized. Still have 2 more openings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom