Richardson 44% from 3 in 13 games since SJU | Syracusefan.com

Richardson 44% from 3 in 13 games since SJU

If you throw out SJU, he's shooting 39% from 3 for the season

In the 13 games since that mess, he's shooting 44% from three

outside of 2009-10, this has to be one of the best years they've ever had from 3.
He has also increased his season averages slightly since that game as well. In the thirteen games since SJU, he is averaging 14.2 ppg and 5.1 rpg. Not a bad freshman year.

I was honestly questioning his drive, ability and motor from games I saw late in his Senior year of high school. Heck the MDAA game gave me real pause as to what we were getting. It is pretty clear now that he was bored and not trying all that hard, because he has not been that player I was worried about. Pleasant surprise

We are first in the ACC in 3pters made and attempted. We are 25th in 3pters made in the country and 21st in attempted.

It's a good thing we are because we are 288th in 2pters made and 279th in 2 pt percentage in the country. We are 14th in the ACC in 2pt percentage.

We are first in the ACC in 3pters made and attempted. We are 25th in 3pters made in the country and 21st in attempted.

It's a good thing we are because we are 288th in 2pters made and 279th in 2 pt percentage in the country. We are 14th in the ACC in 2pt percentage.

very interesting numbers. I would expect that 2pt percentage to improve the rest of the year, as DC gets stronger and TRob keeps improving to finish at the rim. I think the numbers also show that this is a unique style of basketball by JB/SU standards. The coaches deserve alot of credit for finding their identity and getting them playing winning basketball. It has been odd to see the zone so porous around the lane all year, with teams lobbing over it with reckless abandon and guards getting all the way to the rim all too easily, but it has been exciting to see a team light it up with jumpers from all over the floor. They will never be out of a game with so many options to hit from deep. It is like being a fan of N Iowa for a year.

Not to mention, Lydon is a 40% 3 point shooter. We have some exceptional freshman.

Cooney has also shot it very well from deep and improved his percentage as the season has progressed. And to think some people wanted Richardson and Cooney to stop shooting threes not too long ago.

Cooney has also shot it very well from deep and improved his percentage as the season has progressed. And to think some people wanted Richardson and Cooney to stop shooting threes not too long ago.
cooney went crazy enough around new years that his numbers are going to look fine when it's all said and done

he's only 20% the last 3 games and it's not that big a deal because he averaged 7 3s in those games.

i like the way he's playing now and he's not losing his mind trying to make up for misses. we're not getting those 2 for 12 3 point games anymore

Cooney PER(Player Efficiency Rating) has gone up because he has shot the ball less. Thus he is more productive on the court.
He has taken less shots that is a good thing for the offense. When he is hot go ahead and ride the heat check but when you aren't pass the ball around.

Also JB has given Howard a few minutes at the expense of G and Cooney that has made all players better.

G/Richardson have PER's at all conference level during conference play.

I have more confidence in Richardson from the 3 pt line than I do of him making 2 FTs in a row.

He has been our best offensive player during ACC play.

FTs are tough everyone is starring at you. During the game no time to think!

Cooney PER(Player Efficiency Rating) has gone up because he has shot the ball less. Thus he is more productive on the court.
He has taken less shots that is a good thing for the offense. When he is hot go ahead and ride the heat check but when you aren't pass the ball around.

Also JB has given Howard a few minutes at the expense of G and Cooney that has made all players better.

G/Richardson have PER's at all conference level during conference play.

Does that mean Roberson is an All-American ;). He leads us in that statistic.

Three volume 3-point shooters at 38%, 36% and 36%, with a complimentary guy at 44%. Not exactly the Syracuse way, but give JB credit for identifying this as the path to victory early on.
Screenshot_2016-02-01-12-09-43.png

Three volume 3-point shooters at 38%, 36% and 36%, with a complimentary guy at 44%. Not exactly the Syracuse way, but give JB credit for identifying this as the path to victory early on.
View attachment 55109

Also explains why we were so dangerous when everybody was hitting [specifically, how we knocked off #5 ATM down in Atlantis].

Hate to live and die with outside shooting, but after several anemic offensive years it sure is nice having several players who can hit shots.

Does that mean Roberson is an All-American ;). He leads us in that statistic.
Roberson is efficient. He is the number 1 offensive rebounder in the ACC and top 10 in the nation. He shoots a high percentage because he has stopped taking jumpers and shoots a high percentage.

Roberson is the glue guy we need to win.

I was honestly questioning his drive, ability and motor from games I saw late in his Senior year of high school. Heck the MDAA game gave me real pause as to what we were getting. It is pretty clear now that he was bored and not trying all that hard, because he has not been that player I was worried about. Pleasant surprise
A woman, a woman, a woman! Welcome.

Also explains why we were so dangerous when everybody was hitting [specifically, how we knocked off #5 ATM down in Atlantis].

Hate to live and die with outside shooting, but after several anemic offensive years it sure is nice having several players who can hit shots.
After watching several teams got hot over the years vs. us in the tourney and beat us strictly from 3, it would be nice to be on the other side and pull off an upset or 2.

re: Cooney -- he's not like Mali at all. MR is the type of shooter that is consistent for the most part game in and game out; Cooney is the dude that gets crazy hot for 2 games, then super cold for 3. At the end of the year, they will shoot close to the same from 3, but they do it drastically different ways. Cooney is a player who if G and MR are solid from 3, can go bonkers and go something like 7/11 from 3 deep and single handily win us a few games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom